Carnival Dream deck plans review will show you the current position of Carnival Dream cruise ship, actual location of cabins and facilities by deck, along with information on Carnival Cruise Lines Dream ship rooms sizes, types and categories (codes). Via the next link, you can view or download Carnival Dream deck plans in PDF (printable version / opens in new tab). To skip the lengthy cabins information section, just follow the next link to the Dream ship’s deck plan review.
Carnival Dream built 2009, last refurbished in 2012, scheduled refurbishment 2017) is one of the largest and newest Carnival cruise ships and first among all three Carnival Dream-class ships – together with Breeze and Magic, and the new Carnival Vista. To the same class belongs also the Costa Cruises ship Costa Diadema. This is an outbound link to the official page at Carnival.com.
Carnival Dream cruise ship rooms
Carnival ship Dream has a total of 35 wheelchair accessible cabins (for disabled passengers) and 61 Cloud 9 Spa cabins (of them 20 Inside, 4 Ocean-view, 35 Balcony and 4 Suite). The number of cabin categories is 34.
Connecting staterooms (“family cabins”) are located on decks 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. The list of connecting cabins grades includes: 2 beds (4E, 8P), 3 beds (PT, 6L), 3 beds (6A), 2-3 beds (8B, 8E, 8D), 2-4 beds (8A, 8F), and 2-3-4 beds (6M, 7C).
Carnival Dream cabins plans
|Carnival Dream Rooms Categories, Size, Capacity, Location (deck names), Floor Plans|
(GS) Grand Suites layouts
(SS) Cloud 9 Spa Suite and (OS) Ocean Suites layouts
(JS) Junior Suites layouts
(9C) Premium Balcony cabins layouts
(8P, 8S) Cloud 9 Spa Balcony, (8G, 8F, 8E, 8D, 8C, 8B, 8A) Standard Balcony, and (8N, 8M) Extended Balcony cabins layouts
(7C) Cove Balcony cabin layout
(6L, 6M, 6N) Deluxe Oceanview cabin layout
(6S) Cloud 9 Spa Oceanview, and (6A) Outside / Oceanview cabins layouts
(4S) Cloud 9 Spa Interior, and (PT, 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 4F, 4G, 4H, 4J) Inside / Interior cabins layouts
(1A) Small Interior cabins layouts
|(SS-Suite, 8S-Balcony, 6S-Oceanview, 4S-Interior) Cloud 9 Spa cabins layouts|
Carnival Dream cabins review
Follows the review of Carnival Dream staterooms as amenities, furniture and complimentary services:
- Carnival Dream Suite accommodations (Grand, Cloud 9 Spa, Ocean and Junior) have 2 twin beds (convertible to king), dressing area (walk-in closet, vanity table, chair), private bathroom (WC, shower, bathtub, bidet, double sinks). Some GS-OS suites have single/double sofa bed for 3rd/4th person.
- All balcony accommodations feature a private balcony with sliding glass doors (table, patio chairs, rail with clear glass panel).
- All Carnival Dream Cloud 9 Spa cabins have exclusive access to the Spa facilities on Panorama Deck 11. Their grades are: Spa Suite (SS), Spa Balcony (8S, 8P), Spa Oceanview (6S) and Spa Inside (4S). Carnival Cloud 9 Spa rooms have the following complimentary amenities, services and perks (applicable for two guests per stateroom only): Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool (complimentary, unlimited access), 2 fitness classes (complimentary, Yoga or Pilates), 2 metabolism tests (complimentary), 1 Scrub Kit (complimentary, for the Thermal Suite), bathrobes, slippers, deluxe in-room bath amenities (by Elemis – shampoo, conditioner, sharp shower gel, vitamin-rich body lotion, 1 hand and 1 body soap disks), priority Spa reservations (must be made by 6 pm on embarkation day). Passengers booked in Cloud 9 Spa cabins also enjoy Spa treatment discounts while the ship is docked in ports of call – 20% off (1st), 30% off (2nd) and 40% off (3rd treatment).
- Premium Vista Balcony cabins are located around the ship’s aft corners, and have same suite amenities (incl a wrap-around balcony).
- Extended Balcony cabins are in 2 grades – 8N and 8M (both with aft ship location). These staterooms have 50% larger balconies, 3 closets (in all grades balcony rooms), full bathroom (shower).
- Cove Balcony cabins feature floor-ceiling window doors leading to a private cove (partially enclosed) veranda.
- Oceanview cabins have a picture window and twin beds don’t convert to king when both upper beds are in use. Some have sofa and/or upper beds (Pullman) for 3rd/4th person.
- Spa Oceanview rooms are with obstructed views, and some are with upper bed (Pullman) for 4th person.
- Inside cabins with windows have either Porthole Window (PT, on decks 1 and 2) or Picture Window (4J, on decks 6, 7, 9 and 10-Lido). Some Porthole cabins have sofa bed for 3rd person, some Picture Window rooms have sofa and/or upper bed (Pullman) for 3rd/4th person.
- Small Inside cabins have bunk beds (upper/lower Pullman beds), living area (vanity, chair), bathroom (shower).
- All Carnival Dream cabins as amenities have living area (vanity, seating), flat TV, direct-dial phone, safe, hairdryer, bathrobes, lifejackets (in the closet), bathroom amenity basket (replenished upon request), custom-made beds (Carnival Comfort Bed System), beach towels, mini-bar/fridge, individual air-conditioning, complimentary 24-hour room service. Bibles (Gideon version) are provided upon request.
- The Carnival’s Sail & Sign card (cashless onboard credit account) doubles as stateroom key. The S&S credit program allows charges on purchases and tips/gratuities directly to a personal account throughout the Carnival cruise. The card has a designated owner and must be utilized for all money transactions on the ship as cash is accepted as a form of payment only at the casino. These cards are provided to all passengers (incl minors) immediately upon boarding the ship. Balance updates are provided at Guest Services desk (at any time). They can also be checked via the interactive TV in each stateroom.
- Depending on satellite reception (Carnival Dream location at sea), the complimentary in-cabin TV programming includes the following channels: ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CNN (Domestic, International, Espanol), TCM (classic movies), cartoons (Boomerang, CN), TNT, TBS. There are 2 complimentary movie channels showing a film every 3 hours (both starting at 12 noon). One shows all-time favorites (PG -13 rated) and the other shows all-time family favorites (G / PG rated). The following TV channels are Carnival-themed and also complimentary: Fun Finds TV, Cruise Director, Fun Aboard, Park West Art, Shore Tours, Ship Position, live cam views (webcams positioned forward and on lido deck), Audible Funtimes, Photo, Music. Sporting events (ESPN, ESPN 2) are shown only on big screens – at the ship’s Sports Bar and Seaside Theatre (not in cabins/suites). All the TV’s connection ports are intentionally disabled, which makes impossible to connect it with personal devices (cameras, DVDs, USBs, iPods, gaming consoles, etc).
- Bathroom amenities vary each time, so it’s advisable you bring your own. Samples may include toothpaste, mouthwash, dental floss, body lotion, razor, antiacids. There is a wall-mounted dispenser in the shower stall (for liquid soap and shampoo).
- Electric power outlets are located in the desk/vanity area – one 110 V outlet (3-pronged, USA grounded) and one 220 V outlet (European standard). The bathroom’s 2-pin plug can be used only for electric razors.
- The new Carnival beds are Europe-manufactured exclusively for the company. The ensemble includes custom pillows (trademarked “New Generation Pillows”, 100% cotton), duvet (100% hypoallergenic, ultra-fine, satin-striped), cover, deluxe sheets (high quality cotton), pillowcases (ultra-fine, satin-striped), 8-inch / 20 cm spring mattresses (trademarked “Carnival Comfort”). Alternative (non-allergenic) bedding is also available. It includes 100% polyester blankets, sheets and pillowcases (60/40 cotton-polyester) and New Generation Pillows (100% cotton). Note: Trundle beds don’t have Carnival Comfort mattresses.
- Carnival-logoed Beach Towels are provided in each cruise accommodation for passengers to take ashore. Beach towels are also available for purchasing (at $22). Bathrobes (2) are provided in all cruise suites and also in “Cloud 9 Spa” cabins/suites. Additional bathrobes are provided upon request. For all other cruise accommodations, bathrobes are provided (upon request) during the turndown service on the first evening. Bathrobes can be purchased at $49 (adult size) and $24 (children sizes /2-4 yo and 6-8 yo).
- Life jackets are used in cases of emergency only (not at the ship pools). Lifejackets are located within passenger/crew cabins (in the closet). They are available in 3 sizes – adult, child and infant.
- Each of the cabins has a safe (located in the closet) with approx dimensions (inches/centimeters) – width (10/25), height (9/23) and depth (8/20). Cabin safes can be accessed by any magnetic strip card. It is advisable not to use a valid credit card (or driver’s license), but an old expired card (or some rewards card) instead. Some safes are with a keypad (personal code). Safes can be opened also by the ship’s security.
- All cruise cabin and suite mini-bars are stocked with premium liquors ($6-9,25), beer ($6,25), energy drinks ($5), soft soda/beverages ($2), bottled water ($3,75).
- In-cabin babysitting is not available (read more at Camp Ocean below). Cribs in cruise cabins are provided complimentary (upon request). In Main Dining Rooms are provided complimentary high chairs and booster seats.
- Smoking in cabins/suites and on their balconies is prohibited. On Carnival Dream, smoking allowed areas (cigarettes /incl electronic cigarettes) are Caliente Nightclub (disco /not allowed on the dance floor), Casino (designated areas), Casino Bar. Smoking (incl of cigars and tobacco pipes) is allowed on designated outdoor areas on Deck 5 portside (forward/midship/aft) and on Deck 11 starboard (midship/aft).
- Funville@Sea is a free of charge Intranet service providing information on onboard activities and events schedule, bar and restaurant menus, deck maps, Fun Times (newspaper), FunAshore (tour guides), Carnival cruise news, itinerary related weather reports, onboard social network (tracking/messaging other passengers). The complimentary service is available via the Infotainment system (in all cabins) and also at the FunHub stations around the ship.
- NEWS: Carnival Cruise Line is currently testing a new program allowing ship passengers to customize their steward service by choosing to have the cabin serviced in the morning, at night or both (twice a day). All guests can choose from a list of additional cabin amenities, among which are bathrobes, extra pillows, blankets, closet hangers. All guests can also specify how often the bed linens to be changed during the cruise. Your personal preferences can be selected from a services menu card left in each of the ship’s staterooms. By default, if you make no selections on the card, your room service steward will service the accommodation twice daily.
- NEWS: Starting September 1, 2016, Carnival Dream gratuities (per day per person) will be USD 12,95 (for standard cabin passengers) and USD 13,95 for suite passengers. Newly added perks for all suites will be: priority embarkation/debarkation/tendering (all ports), priority main dining room reservations, complimentary bottled water in cabins, complimentary bag of laundry (one per cruise), enhanced turndown service.
You can see all the furniture details in Carnival Cruise Line Carnival Dream cabins plans (the above table) and also in the following photo combos.
Next combo photo shows the Dream ship’s Carnival Cloud 9 Spa cabins’ interiors.
Cruise Ship Room Service
In 2016, Carnival Cruise Lines rolled out fleetwide for-fee (chargeable) room service menu, which items can be ordered 24/7. The new menu still has free of charge items – hot and cold sandwiches, salads, desserts, beverages, Continental Breakfast selections. At extra cost (ranging between USD 1,50 and 6) are items that include shrimp, also sushi, pizza, quesadillas, cheesesteaks, chicken wings/tenders, fries. Bar drinks orders through room service are at regular bar menu prices (no extra fee added).
Complimentary room service menu
- Continental Breakfast (upon request)
- Sandwiches are served with potato salad, coleslaw, potato chips/pretzels, breads (white, whole wheat, rye, gluten free). The list of sandwiches includes Tuna Salad, Roast Turkey, Ham & Cheese, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato, Grilled Cheese, Grilled Reuben (corned beef, Swiss cheese).
- Salads – Garden, Caesar, Vegetable Platter (with dips)
- Desserts – cheesecake, cookies, chocolate cake
- Beverages – juices (tomato, orange, apple, grapefruit), tea (hot, iced), hot chocolate, milk, soft drinks (club soda, ginger ale, tonic water, coke and sprite /also diet)
- Beers – domestic (Budweiser, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, Samuel Adams), imported (Heineken, Corona, Stella Artois), also available are beer buckets and wines by the bottle.
For-fee room service menu
The following items are available for ordering 24 hours, but are at additional charge.
- Chicken Wings ($5) – choice of Honey BBQ, Teriyaki, Garlic Parmesan, Buffalo Sauce, Caribbean Jerk
- Chicken Tenders ($5) – choice of sauce (BBQ or Honey Mustard)
- Firecracker Shrimp ($6) – fried with chili ginger, served with fries
- Chicken Quesadilla ($5)
- Philly Cheesesteak ($5) – served with fries
- Pan Pizza ($5) – handmade and baked-to-order (Cheese, Pepperoni, Ham and Pineapple)
- French Fries ($1,50), Sweet Potato Fries ($2), Banana Split ($4).
Continental Breakfast room service menu
The following items are available for ordering free of charge.
- Cereals and Fruits – Banana, Melon, Frosted Flakes, Special K, Raisin Bran, Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes, Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Bakery – toasts (white, wheat, gluten free), danish pastries, muffins, croissants, bagels
- Yogurt – plain, strawberry, peach, raspberry
- Drinks – juices (orange, apple, tomato, grapefruit), hot tea, milk (also skim and chocolate), fresh coffee (regular and decaf)
- Half-and-half (milk-cream), butter, margarine, cream cheese, jelly (grape, diet, strawberry, guava), honey, orange marmalade.
Carnival Dream cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1823 staterooms for 3646 passengers (max capacity is 4633 guests), served by 1367 crew/staff.
The Dream ship has 13 passenger decks, 22 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools (one with retractable roof), 9 jacuzzies (6 of which cantilevered), 18 elevators.
Carnival Dream decks with passenger cabins have a total of 70 Suites, 817 Balconies, 258 Oceanviews, 678 Inside cabins, Self Service Laundromats (passenger use launderettes). Laundry facilities are at extra-charge – $3,25 (per washer or dryer load) and $1,5 per box (detergent/water softener, dispensed from the vending machine in the room). Launderettes (open between 6:30 am – 12 midnight) are located on all cabin decks. Each laundry room is equipped with 2-3 washers, 2-3 dryers, 1 ironing board/iron. All laundry machines are coinless (can be operated using S&S cards only). While the ship is in port, washing machines are closed (only dryers and irons can be used). Valet laundry service is handled through the cabin steward. Prices are per item – wash-and-press ($2 – $7,50) and dry-cleaning ($3 – $10,50).
Deck plan changes 2017 refurbishment review
The list of changes in the Dream ship deck plans after the scheduled drydock 2017 (Fun Ship 2.0 refurbishment January 29 to February 11) includes:
- (On Promenade deck 5) will be added the Alchemy Bar (cocktail pharmacy with resident mixologists).
- (On Lido deck 10) will be added 2 new poolside eateries (both complimentary) – Guy’s Burger Joint (fast-food bar) and Bluelguana Cantina (Mexican eatery). Other new venues here will be BlueIguana Tequila Bar (Mexican-themed outdoor bar for frozens and beers) and the Pizzeria del Capitano (complimentary).
- (On Lido deck 10) will be also added the RedFrog Rum Bar (rum bar for frozens and beers, plus the Carnival’s private label ThirstyFrog Red (draught beer).
- Various technical enhancements will be implemented, including shoreside power capabilities and new hull coating.
Carnival Dream Deck 1 Plan – Riviera
- Riviera Deck cruise cabins from 1,201 to 1,457, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A upper and lower bed, 4A and 4B), Oceanview cabins (6A, PT, Deluxe Oceanview – 6L, 6M, 6N), Balcony cabins (8A, 8B, 8M (larger balcony with aft view) and 9C – Premium Balcony).
- (on crew deck 0 below) Medical Center is the ship’s hospital operated by resident doctors/physicians and nurses on 24-hour call duty. The infirmary (open between 8 am – 8 pm /doctor hours 8-11am and 3-6pm) is equipped with defibrillators, external pacemakers, pulse oximeters, an ECG (electrocardiograph machine), thrombolytic and lab equipment. Treatments at the ship hospital are equivalent to a private doctor’s visit. All treatments, tests and medications are at extra charge. The only exception is Bonine (seasickness medication) also available for free at the ship’s Reception (24 hours).
- General health insurance policies do not apply, so buying cruise health insurance is recommended. Buying Carnival Cruise Vacation Protection Plan makes you eligible for reimbursements of up to USD 10000 (covered medical expenses) and up to USD 30000 (Emergency Medical Evacuation / medevac expenses).
- The ship’s physicians are independent contractors and render medical services at a customary fee. The basic fee doesn’t include medication, tests or treatments. Payments are made via the “Sail and Sign” card. Medical staffing varies by ship – either 1 physician with 3 nurses or 2 physicians with 5 nurses.
Carnival Dream Deck 2 Plan – Main
- Main Deck cruise cabins from 2,201 to 2,501, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A upper and lower bed, 4C and 4B), Oceanview cabins (6A, PT, Deluxe Oceanview – 6M), Balcony cabins (7C – Cove Balcony).
Carnival Dream Deck 3 Plan – Lobby
- Encore! Theatre (capacity 1400 seats show lounge grand style live show and music productions), featuring the “Playlist Productions” (live stage musical mixes) and the “Hasbro Game Shows” collection, concerts, seminars, classes; level 1 of 3)
- Dream Atrium (11-decks high midship location open floor area), with Dream Lobby Bar (100 seats, with piano and dance floor)
- Guest Services (Reception/Purser Desk) provides 24-hour assistance, information, bookings/reservations, luggage and cashier services.
- Shore Excursions Desk provides information on Carnival cruise tours and excursions (sponsored by the line and offered for each port on the current itinerary), also planning and booking services.
- Aft Atrium
- Service boats (30 lifeboats, 2 tender boats, 44 life rafts)
- The galley (kitchen) is located in between both Main Dining Rooms (MDR) and also has the “Chef’s Table” (private dining room).
- The Crimson restaurant has 2 annexes (private dining rooms, capacity 36 and 28 seats) that can be booked for special occasions/celebrations/parties.
- Crimson Dining Room (forward location, 744 seats, on 2 levels) and Scarlet Dining Room (aft location, 1122 seats, on 2 levels) are complimentary, waiter-served Main Dining Room restaurants for Breakfast, Brunch (seadays only), Lunch (seadays only) and Dinner. On portdays, Breakfast is served between 7:30 – 9:30 am (closed for lunch). Dining Room hours are subject to change due to itinerary/port of call arrival times or scheduled onboard activities. On seadays, one MDR serves “Punchliner Comedy Brunch” (breakfast and lunch /between 8:30 am – 1 pm) while the other MDR serves Breakfast (between 8 – 10 am) and Lunch (between 12 noon – 1:30 pm). Afternoon Tea service (between 3 – 4 pm /seadays only, complimentary) includes a selection of teas, mini sandwiches, sweets. Dinner (seadays/portdays) is with 2 fixed/pre-assigned seatings – Early (at 6 pm) and Late (at 8:15 pm), plus Anytime (“Your Time Dining” between 5:45 – 9:30 pm). Dr Seuss themed “Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast” (cover charge $5 pp, reservations recommended) is once per cruise (on a seaday /itinerary based) at 8:30 am and 9:30 am. The dining experience features Dr Seuss character visits, waiters in special uniforms, themed decoration, unique menu.
- The Punchliner Comedy Brunch menu is divided into 3 parts – Opening Act, Headliners, Punchline and Bloody Mary Bar. The dining experience includes 5-6-min stand-up comedy acts (family friendly, at each hour) performed by the evening’s comedians. The “opening act” (menu 1) has flamin’ tomatoes soup, bagel breakfast, fresh fruit platter (with cottage cheese or plain), Caesar salad, Eggs Benedict, custom-made omelettes, dos huevos, sides (sliced ham, cheddar grits, grilled tomato, smoked bacon, pork/chicken sausages, turkey bacon) and George’s recipes. Both recipes are special dishes created by the US comedian George Lopez- Huevos Rancheros (chicken quesadilla topped with fried eggs and cheese) and Breakfast Burrito (tortilla filled with scrambled eggs, beans, chorizo). The “headliners” (menu 2) has funny French toast, fat stack pancakes, carne y huevos (filet mignon), mac-and-cheese (fried chicken, steak or smoked bacon), pappardelle pasta, grilled salmon fillet, hen alla diavola (grilled chicken). The “punchline” (dessert menu 3) has ice cream, caramelized cheesecake, banana cream pie, Mexican churros (donuts). The “Bloody Mary Bar” (drinks menu) offers custom-made cocktails. While the food is complimentary, beverages are extra-charge (excluding coffee, milk, juices).
- At dinner, in both Main Dining Rooms Carnival offers the “American Table” menu. It changes each evening and includes contemporary American cuisine dishes (appetizers, entrees, desserts). On formal dinners (1-2 per sailing /itinerary based) Carnival offers the “American Feast” menu with gourmet appetizers, prime meats/seafood, vegetarian dishes, signature desserts. The formal dining experience features live big-band music, special table decoration (luxury linens, centerpiece), keepsake menus, Cruise Elegant dress code.
Carnival Dream Deck 4 Plan – Atlantic
- Encore Theater (level 2)
- Rendezvous Lounge (23 seats club with bar)
- Crimson Restaurant (forward dining room upper level)
- Scarlet Restaurant (aft dining room upper level)
- FunHub (36 Internet computers room, open 24 hour; free Intranet- information on menus, onboard programs, scheduled events)
- Photo Gallery & Shop (photo-video services, equipment, accessories)
- The Chambers Conference Room (30 seats)
- Page Turner Library (17 seats, with board games)
- Circle C (children club & lounge area for 12-14 yo; video games, movies, parties, planned activities, all complimentary)
- Club O2 (teens only club lounge; movies, video games, karaoke, themed parties, booking teens only cruise shore excursions)
- The Warehouse (video arcade /branded name) is open 24 hours for both kids and adults. The Arcade is supervised by dedicated staff and has foosball (air hockey) tables, a photo kiosk, popular merchandising games (incl skeeball) and arcade machines. All 25 machines are coinless (payable via S&S cards only). Playing costs between $0,75 – $2 (most are $1 per game). The daily arcade play limit ($75 pp) can be adjusted by parents/guardians upon request. Among the available for playing games are Redemption Games (E-ticket rewards are loaded to the S&S card and at any time can be redeemed for prizes /self-serve prize hub in the arcade), Self-Merchandisers (games of skill /electronic prizes at the machine), latest arcades (car-racing, dance, bike simulators, first-person shooters).
Carnival Dream Deck 5 Plan – Promenade
- Encore Theater (level 3)
- Jackpot Casino (capacity 484 seats, slot machines, gaming tables, gambling tournaments, complimentary classes; with Jackpot Bar)
- The Fun Shops is named the ship’s duty-free shopping arcade of stores (open between 8 am – 12 midnight) selling Carnival Cruise Lines logo merchandise (ship models, fun wear-apparel), Special Occasions (gifts, souvenirs, packages), name-brand boutique merchandise (luxury jewelry-watches, designer bags-hats-shoes-fashion-accessories-sunglasses, perfumes-cosmetics-beauty products), also liquor-tobaccos and conveniences.
- Special Occasions shop sells Bon Voyage wines/champagnes/liquor, Carnival cruise packages, specialty items and gifts. The list of packages includes “Bottomless Bubbles” (unlimited soda package), CHEERS (unlimited drinks package/alcohol included), “Cruise the Vineyard” (3-bottle and 5-bottle wine packages /saving up to 25%), “Cruise Cash” cards (bar/photo credit accounts similar to the old paper coupons), beer (4-pack), juices (6-pack), soda (6-pack), bottled water (12-pack). The list of specialty items and gifts includes plush toys, fresh-baked cookies, occasion cakes, packed chocolates/snacks, fresh flowers, gift sets, fruit baskets, Stateroom Decorations (themed cabin decoration sets – Birthday, Anniversary, Honeymoon, Congrats, Bon Voyage), canapes/party trays (assorted pastries, sushi, fruit, cheese, vegetable, finger sandwiches, desserts-petit fours), “Towel Creations Book”. Dr Seuss brand merchandise is also available for purchasing – “The Cat in the Hat Book”, themed cabin decorations, toys, Seuss At Sea gifts and packages (waterbottle, lunchbox, backpack, splash pack, towel).
- Cherry on Top (open between 4 – 10:30 pm) is a Carnival signature shop selling bulk candies by the oz (mix and match, sugar-free, assortments), confections (lollipops, sweet apples, truffles, chocolate deep cheesecakes and pretzels, cupcakes, fudge, cookies /and sugar-free). Cherry on Top also sells ladies and kids apparel (bathrobes, hoodies, lounge pants, tank tops), balloons, flowers, Carnival Greeting Cards, shower/spa items. The shop also provides formalwear rentals available only for pre-cruise ordering (not on board).
- FunHub (Internet/Intranet computers)
- The Lanai Promenade has 60 outdoor seats, 4 cantilevered Whirlpools, Power Walking/Jogging Track (2,5 laps = 1 ml)
- Lanai Oceanside Barbeque (open between 12 noon – 2:30 pm /seadays only) is an outdoor bar serving the Lanai Promenade with cooked-to-order fast food. BBQ Bar’s menu has grilled items (steak, pork, chicken), chicken quesadilla, sliders, BBQ tacos (choice of meat), topless burgers, Carnival Dog (hot dogs), salads, homemade chips/salsa, traditional BBQ condiments.
- Ocean Plaza (270 seats lounge area), with the Plaza Cafe (50 seats patisserie, specialty coffee bar)
- The Collection Art Gallery displays original works from renown art dealers, available for purchasing at discount prices (allegedly cheaper than at land galleries). Park West Gallery art auctions are complemented by sparkling wine and held daily (usually in early afternoon) at the Atrium’s Lobby.
- Wasabi Bar (complimentary sushi bar- open 5-8:15pm, salad bar during the day)
- Caliente Disco & Nightclub (capacity 211 seats, with a DJ and full bar)
- Sam’s Bar (120 seats piano bar, the piano is on a revolving platform)
- Burgundy Lounge (425 seats, with karaoke bar located aft, dance floor, hosts the Punchliners Comedy Club/brunch, also used for seminars and art auctions)
- Song Lounge & Bar (88 seats lounge, with 10 seats bar, live music, karaoke).
Carnival Dream Deck 6 Plan – Upper
- Upper Deck cruise cabins from 6,201 to 6,498, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A, 4D, 4J and 4E), Balcony cabins (8A, 8B, 8M (larger balcony with aft view) and 9C – Premium Balcony).
Carnival Dream Deck 7 Plan – Empress
- Empress Deck cruise cabins from 7,201 to 7,467, of which Inside cabins (categories – 4F, 4J and 4E), Balcony cabins (8C, 8B, 8M (larger balcony with aft view) and 9C – Premuim Balcony), Suite cabins (GS – Penthouse Suite, OS – Balcony Suite).
Carnival Dream Deck 8 Plan – Verandah
- The fore-located Navigation Bridge and the adjacent Captain’s Suite and officers quarters are inaccessible for passengers.
- Verandah Deck cruise cabins from 8,201 to 8,479, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A, 4F and 4G), Balcony cabins (8C, 8D, 8N (larger balcony with aft view) and 9C – Premium Balcony).
Carnival Dream Deck 9 Plan – Vista
- Vista Deck cruise cabins from 9,201 to 9,481, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A, 4H, 4J and 4G), Balcony cabins (8N – Extended aft view, 8D and 8E), Suite cabins (JS – Junior Suite).
Carnival Dream Deck 10 Plan – Lido / Pool
- Sunset Pool area (aft, with Sunset Bar, 2 Whirlpools)
- Waves Pool area (midship location, complimentary fast food bars- grille and pizza, open for lunch)
- RedFrog Rum Bar is an outdoor poolside bar with best Caribbean rums, bottled Caribbean beers (Presidente, Kalik, Red Stripe, Corona, Corona Light, Dos Equis), draft beers (ThirstyFrog Red brew, Presidente brew), Red’s Beer Cocktail, frozens, cocktails, mojitos, margaritas, soft beverages. The bar also sells beer buckets and Carnival souvenir glasses. Draft beers are served/priced in pints (19 oz / 560 ml) and tubes (101 oz / 3 L).
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar is an outdoor poolside bar for Mexican drinks (brews, frozens, cocktails, margaritas). BlueIguana Bar’s menu has draft beers (Modelo Especial, Dos Equis), bottled beers (Sol, Tecate, Corona, Pacifico), Beer Cocktail, beer buckets, Mexican tequilas, non-alcoholic frozens, soft drinks. Draft beers are served/priced in pints (16 oz / 470 ml) and tubes (101 oz / 3 L). The bar also sells Carnival-logoed souvenir glasses. On seadays are staged drink-mixing competitions between both bars (RedFrog and BlueIguana).
- The Gathering Restaurant (complimentary, 825 seats, on 2 levels) is the ship’s self-service buffet restaurant for open-seating Breakfast (7:30 am – 12 noon /made-to-order omelet station), Lunch (12 noon – 2:30 pm), Dinner (6 – 9:30 pm /Good Eats buffet) and for Late Night Snacks (11 pm – 1 am). Good Eats buffet menu is a Main Dining Room dinner alternative offering steaks, prime rib, grilled chicken, pastas, salads, desserts, daily Chef’s Special. Lido restaurant consists of various take-away food stations and themed food bars. Among those are Carnival Deli (sandwiches, draught beer dispenser), Indian Tandoor (lunch), Mongolian Wok (stir-fry, made-to-order Asian food /you choose the ingredients), Mexican Bar (burritos/wraps, chicken, beef, shrimp, salsa, toppings), Pasta Bella (choice of 3 pastas, 4 sauces, 12 toppings), Salad Bar (35 items), Pizzeria (24-hour), Chef’s Choice Bar (international cuisine /different menu each day), Hot and Cold Buffet (stir-fry, pastas, carving station), Grille (ham-cheese-veggie burgers, hot dogs, fries, chicken fritters/sandwiches, sauteed mushrooms/onions, sauerkraut, Chili con Carne, homemade tortillas-chips-salsa), Dessert Bar (incl sugar-free items). There are also (self-serve, complimentary, 24-hour) tea/coffee station and machines for soft ice cream and yogurt. Chocolate Extravaganza Buffet (complimentary) is on the last seaday (7-day and longer cruise itineraries) and offers chocolate smorgasborg, chocolate fountain, cakes (incl pear, orange, cheesecake, dry fruit, diet).
- Carnival Deli (complimentary, open between 11 am – 11 pm) offers hot/cold sandwiches and sides, and has a draft beer dispenser (for ThirstyFrog Red and Bud Light).
- Pizzeria del Capitano (complimentary, 24-hour, self-serve) is equipped with a wood-fired oven and offers fresh-baked pizzas (Margherita, Pepperoni, Napolitana, Capricciosa, Calzone), pan pizza, Caesar salad, also made-to-order pies.
- Indian Tandoor (complimentary, open between 12 noon – 2:30 pm) menu has grilled meat (cheese steak, chicken legs, kebabs, fish), salads, curries, naan breads, rice, dhals.
- Lido Deck cruise cabins from 10,201 to 10,291, of which Inside cabins (categories – 4H and 4J), Balcony cabins (8F and 8E).
Carnival Dream Deck 11 Plan – Panorama
- Camp Ocean (formerly Camp Carnival) is the ship’s kids complex providing supervised by counselors age-appropriate activities and themed entertainment for 3 age groups – 2-5 yo (Penguins), 6-8 yo (Stingrays), 9-11 yo (Sharks). Each group has its own room and dedicated staff. Operational hours (may vary due to Carnival cruise itineraries) are – seadays (10 am – 1 pm, 2 – 5 pm, 7 – 10 pm) and portdays (port arrival time until 2 pm, and 2-10 pm). Youth staff is international, professional, CPR-certified. Staffing depends on the ship’s current cruise itinerary and season. All children must constantly wear their muster station wristbands (available here or at Guest Services). In cases of emergency, parents must collect their kid’s lifejacket from their cabin (when pick up their own). Camp Ocean provides supervised dinners for kids every evening (between 6 – 6:45 pm – time may vary due to itinerary) excepting the first evening. Kids-only dinners (chaperoned) take place in the Lido buffet restaurant. Among the menu choices are mac and cheese, pizza, burgers, hot-dogs, fries, fish sticks, chicken nuggets, spaghetti and meatballs, vegetables, fruits, Jell-O. Carnival Cruise Lines Camp Ocean youth program is complimentary and offers over 200 marine-themed activities. The programming also includes family afternoons (when parents can play with their kids) and a family day with group activities, like face painting and family scavenger hunts (parents and kids receive cameras and search for things hidden in various places throughout the ship). For Carnival Camp Ocean participants only (kids under 5 and kids with special needs/allergies) are provided complimentary beepers, cell phones and phone chargers. At fee can be rented baby strollers (single and double) – 5-day+ itineraries ($30 full cruise) and 3-4-day itineraries ($8 per day).
- Creative Cove is a dedicated room for kids arts-crafts and workshops. The Beary Cuddly Workshop is a build-your-own-stuffed-animal activity where kids can make and take home a stuffed toy (teddy, bear, dog, lion, koala). This workshop is for-fee (prices start from $20 depending on selected outfits/accouterments). A portion of these sales goes to St Jude Children’s Research Hospital (Memphis TN).
- Camp Ocean PENGUINS (2-5 yo) arts-crafts, Penguin Palooza (costume making, parades), music/singalongs, aerobics, sculpturing, face painting, T-shirt decorating, bingo (candy prizes), story time (reading), Dr Seuss, Mr Potato Head, Playstation gaming, dance parties, indoor ball games, movie nights, “Owl Jams” themed parties (10pm-12 midnight /fees apply).
- Camp Ocean STINGRAYS (6-8 yo) PlayStation-Nintendo games, arts-crafts, Pirate Game Night, Memory Game, face painting, T-shirt decorating, sport contests, music time, bingo (prizes), Superheroes, “Fun Til’ One” themed parties (10pm-1am /fees apply).
- Camp Ocean SHARKS (9-11 yo) PlayStation-Nintendo games, music trivia, arts-crafts, T-shirt decorating, design your own cruise ship, scavenger hunts, origami, bingo (prizes), dance parties, outdoor sports competitions, Fun At Sea themed parties (10pm-1am /fees apply).
- Camp Ocean NIGHT OWLS (babysitting of kids 6 months to 11 yo) is available each evening between 10 pm – 1 am (no in-cabin babysitting). The service is at fee $6,75 per kid per hour (plus 15% gratuity, no discounts). Fees are paid via the S&S card (ship account /no cash) and due upon pick-up. Any kid left past 1 am is charged double and forfeits babysitting privileges for the remainder of the cruise. The service offers slumber party activities (movies, toys, board games, video games, arts-crafts) and includes room-service snacks. Babysitting of infants (babies under 2 yo) on portdays begins 15 min before first shore excursion/tour until 12 noon (or from 1 to 5 pm on port arrivals after 12 noon) and on seadays from 8 to 10 am. Kids don’t have to be potty-trained (parents provide diapers/toiletries).
- Carnival’s Camp Ocean themed programming on select nights offers additional parties (surcharged $13 per kid plus 15% gratuity). These are “Owl Jams” (2-11 yo, 10pm-12 midnight /challenges, hide and seek, music), “Fun Til One” (6-8 yo, 10pm-1am /video gaming, dancing, singing) and “Fun At Sea” (9-11 yo, 10pm-1am /video gaming, sports events, pizza). Snacks and beverages are included.
- The Gathering buffet restaurant (upper level 2) was redesigned to become Cucina del Capitano – Italian Trattoria restaurant open for lunch (complimentary) and dinner (surcharge/a la carte). For Lunch the restaurant operates as complimentary waiter-served Pasta Bar. Lunch menu includes made-to-order pastas (Linquini, Penne, Farfalle), sauces (Red Clam, Pomodoro, Bolognese, Alfredo), toppings (grilled chicken, Italian sausage, garlic shrimp, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, arugula), also meat lasagna, Caesar salad, bread. For Dinner the restaurant is reservations-only, at surcharge ($15 for adults, $5 for kids 11 and under) and with a la carte menu. Dinner menu includes antipasti, arancini, parmigiana, calamari, meatballs, salads (Caprese, Caesar, Di Rucola), pastas, lasagna, spaghetti, grilled salmon, sides, red/white wines (by the glass and bottle), Italian beers (Peroni, Moretti), cocktails, specialty waters, desserts (tiramisu cake, cannoli, apple tart), specialty coffees, after dinner liqueurs. The kids menu for dinner offers meatball spaghetti, fried chicken tenders, fish fingers, mac-n-cheese, cannoli. The specialty dining experience includes waiters dancing and singing Italian favorites.
- Panorama Deck cruise cabins from 11,201 to 11,277, of which Inside cabins (category – 1A), 4S – Cloud 9 Spa Interior rooms, 6S – Cloud 9 Spa Oceanview, 8G – Balcony, 8P – Cloud 9 Spa Balcony rooms, SS – Cloud 9 Spa Suites.
Carnival Dream Deck 12 Plan – Spa / Sports / waterslides
- The fore-located Cloud 9 Spa Fitness Center (open between 6 am – 10 pm) is the lower level of the ship’s wellness complex. On this level are located the Gymnasium (complimentary, floor-ceiling windows, equipped with free weights /TROY dumbbells, weight machines, treadmills, steppers, ellipticals, recumbent exercise cycles, Concept 2/indoor rowing machines, Kinesis wall), Thermal Suite (chambers), Thalassotherapy pool (mineral rich seawater, temperature 33 C / 91 F, hydrotherapy jets, covered by a glass roof), Spa Reception, Relaxation Room (lounge), separate male/female lockers (2 changing rooms, each with complimentary sauna/steam room/showers). The lockers’ showers are glass-enclosed and multi-jet. Shower heads are massaging (1 rain head above, 4 side). Teenagers (12-17 yo) are allowed to use the wellness facilities (fitness/spa) only when accompanied by an adult. Daily here are held complimentary health-themed seminars (fitness-wellness-beauty – aging, posture, detox, weight-loss, skin care, pro-collagen, acne attack /teens). The Thermal Suite consists of 4 heat therapy chambers – Tepidarium (relaxation room with heated loungers /ergonomically shaped, 38 C / 100 F), Laconium (dry heat bath, 55-65 C / 131-149 F), Aroma Steam Bath (aromatic steam grotto, 40-50 C / 104-112 F), Oriental Steam Bath (aka Caldarium, high humidity heat, 40-50 C / 104-112 F). ZSPA (teen spa treatments for teenager 12-17 yo) include facials, massages, scrubs, manicures/pedicures, hair styling-coloring-cutting. To utilize the Cloud 9 Spa facilities (treatment rooms, Thalassotherapy Pool, Thermal Suite) passengers must be at least 18 yo. They should wear bathing suits during massages and wraps. Daily, at the Burgundy Lounge (aft on Promenaded Deck) are scheduled complimentary health seminars (fitness-wellness-beauty) themed on aging, posture, detox, dieting, weight-loss, skin care, pro-collagen, acne attack /teens).
- Thermal Suite facilities offer unlimited access to passengers booked in Carnival Dream Spa rooms. Depending on itinerary length, full-cruise Thermal Suite passes are priced as follows – 5-day ($119 pp), 6-day ($139 pp), 7-day ($169 pp), 8-day ($189 pp). Currently, day-passes (priced $40 pp) are not available.
- Carnival WaterWorks is the ship’s aqua park (open between 10 am – 5 pm) consisting of Splash Zone (fountains, water spray cannons, jets, splash pools), DrainPipe (tunnel slide ending with a major swirl), 2 mini racing slides for kids, two Racing Slides (82 ft / 25 m long double-lane slides), Twister Waterslide (spiraling tube, 300 ft / 91 m long /entrance on deck 15). To ride the water-slides, passengers must be at least 107 cm / 42 inches tall (no weight restrictions). Minor passengers (kids under 13 yo) need parents’ permit. Eyeglasses must be affixed with head straps. Not permitted are – not toilet trained kids (also in diapers/swim diapers), multiple riders, flotation devices, swimwear with exposed metal parts (zippers, buckles, rivets, ornamentation), jewelry/accessories, the use of Splash Park areas without adult supervision.
- Seaside Theatre (huge LED screen outdoor cinema for movies, concerts, sport events, with stage for live performances, games, demos, etc)
- City Sports Park – with outdoor relaxation area, Sports Bar, 18-hole mini golf course (on 2 levels), Ping-Pong Tables, multisport combined court (full-size court for basketball, volleyball, football)
- Sports Bar offers live sporting events and news (on multiple LED screens and TVs), drinks and snacks. Bar’s menu has draft beers (16 oz, also Carnival’s ThirstyFrog Red 19 oz pint 560 ml, 60 oz pitcher 1,8 L, 101 oz tube 3 L, Souvenir Glass), domestic beers (16 oz / 470 ml), craft beers (12-16 oz / 350-470 ml), imported and non-alcoholic, beer bucket, cider, cocktails (martini, margarita, mojito), double shots (whiskey, rum, vodka, tequila, mixers), snacks (pretzel, peanuts).
- Jogging Track (10 laps = 1 ml)
- Chef’s Art Steakhouse (108 seats, open between 6 – 9:30 pm) is a premium steakhouse-seafood restaurant at surcharge (reservations recommended). Cover charge fee of $35 pp (adults/kids) includes 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert and gratuity. Steakhouse’s menu has starters (escargots, grilled mushroom, tuna tartare, shrimp cocktail, crab cake, lobster bisque, onion soup), salads (Caesar, spinach/mushrooms, iceberg lettuce, beef steak tomato), sides (Baked Potatoes, Sauteed Mushrooms, Creamed Spinach, Steamed Broccoli), entrees (prime aged beef steaks – 14oz NY strip loin, 18oz rib and 18oz ribeye, 9oz filet mignon, lamb chops, chicken, Maine lobster, fish fillet from the market /itinerary based), desserts (cheesecake, caramelized apples, chocolate sampler, fresh fruits, selections of cheeses, sherbets and ice creams). The Steakhouse also serves beverages (bar prices apply) – fresh coffee/tea, dessert wines and after dinner drinks. The food is wheeled on a cart to your table for examination. A cooking demonstration offers an hour-long presentation from a team of chefs. Dress code is “Elegant” (jeans permitted). At the steakhouse can also be made reservations (bookings) for the “Chef’s Table” (private dinner package).
- Spa Deck cruise cabins from 12,201 to 12,225, of all 8S – Cloud 9 Spa Balcony rooms.
Carnival Dream Deck 14 Plan – Sun / Serenity
- The fore-located Cloud 9 Spa (upper level of the ship’s wellness complex) consists of Beauty Salon (facials, manicure/pedicure, hair styling-cutting-coloring, eye brow shaping, makeup, waxing, grooming-barbering, teeth whitening, Medi-Spa), Treatment Rooms (incl for acupuncture, hot stone, Botox, body wraps, flotation therapy), Rasul Bath (mud treatments room, temperature 38-50 C / 100-122 F), VIP and VIP Couples (massage rooms / private suites with whirlpools), Fitness Studio (for classes), Changing Rooms (lockers).
- Some of the fitness classes are complimentary (aerobics, stretching, abs, body conditioning, Tai Chi) and some are at fee pp (Yoga, Pilates, spinning, boot camp, indoor cycling, personal training sessions). Follows the list of offered on Carnival cruises fitness classes (lead by professional trainers). In brackets are shown duration in minutes and cost (prices in USD pp) – Personal Training (60 min $85 / 3 courses $210), Nutritional Consultation (60 min $85), Metabolism Test (30 min $35), Boot Camp (4-day body sculpturing $120). Priced at $12 pp are Tour de Cycle (indoor cycling, 45 min), Pathway to Yoga (45 min) and Pathway to Pilates (45 min).
- Carnival Cloud 9 Spa menu of treatments (facials and massages) includes (duration in minutes, prices in USD pp) – Elemis Aroma Stone Therapy (50 min $150, 75 min $195), Thai Herbal Poultice Massage (rhythmic, acupressure movements, 75 min $195), Bamboo Massage (50 min $160, 75 min $200), Elemis Absolute Spa Ritual (100 min $265), Elemis Face and Body Sensation (50 min $160), Couples Massage (full body Swedish or Elemis, 50 min $270), Reflexology Massage (feet, 50 min $120), Elemis Deep Tissue Muscle Massage (50 min $130), Swedish Massage (50 min $120), Villa Massage and Bathing Ritual (Villa / VIP Suites, 75 min $330), Ionithermie Cellulite Reduction (a course of 3 treatments during the cruise, 50 min each / $160), Bliss fatgirlslim (dry brushing, seaweed mask, heated wrap, 75 min $150), Elemis Body Sculpting Cellulite and Colon Therapy (50 min $125), Elemis Exotic Lime and Ginger Salt Glow (half body 50 min $155, full body 75 min $200), Elemis Aroma Spa Seaweed Massage (heated mask, half body 75 min $195, full body 100 min $260), Tooth Whitening (free consultation, 30 min), Elemis Pro-Collagen Grooming Treatment with Shave (facial, massage, double close shave /55 min), Elemis Express Shave (30 min), Elemis Deep Cleanse Grooming Treatment with Shave (massage, cleansing mask /45 min), Elemis Skin IQ for Men Facial (50 min), Elemis Urban Cleanse for Men Facial (50 min).
- Carnival Cloud 9 Spa menu of Medi-Spa treatments includes – Acupuncture (by certified acupuncturist, first session 50 min $150, additional sessions up to 45 min $125, first facial session 75 min, additional facial sessions up to 60 min), Medi-Spa Cosmetic Treatments (free doctor consultation), Dermal Filler Treatments (Restylane, Perlane /30 min), BOTOX Cosmetic, DYSPORT Wrinkle Treatments (both are upper face, nonsurgical and FDA approved /30 min). All Medi-Spa treatments are administered on the ship by a dedicated physician (licensed medical doctor).
- Carnival Cloud 9 Spa menu of ZSPA treatments (for teenagers 12-17 yo) includes (duration in minutes / prices in USD pp) – Fabulously Fruity Facial (50 min / $100), Acne Attack Facial (50 min / $100), Heavenly Massage (aromatherapy oils, Swedish massage, 50 min / $90), Paradise Massage (mother and daughter, 25 min / $100, 50 min / $195), Chill Out Massage (father and son, 25 min / $100, 50 min / $195), Surfers Scrub (25 min / $65), Fitness Frenzy (3 boot camp classes, $55), Magical Manicure (25 min / $30), Sole Mate (45 min / $40). The list of Beauty Salon services for teens includes – boys (cut only 30 min $25), boys and girls (cut and color 120 min $120), girls (cut only 60 min $60), style only (30 min $45). ZSPA services are available between 8 am – 8 pm. Upon booking treatments, teens must be accompanied by an adult (parent/guardian) who completes and signs the ZSPA form.
- Serenity (adult retreat, lower level /bar, sunbathing deck with loungers)
- The Dream Team Basketball Court, Tennis Court (aft).
Carnival Dream Deck 15 Plan – Sky / Serenity
- Serenity is the ship’s adults-only retreat for passengers 21+ yo. This is a forward-location outdoor area with an exclusive sundeck for relaxation and sunbathing. The adult deck is complimentary (free entry) and accessible at any time via stairs (incl directly from Cloud 9 Spa). The Serenity whirlpools (large-size outdoor hot tubs) are cantilevered (infinity pool type, with glass walls). The whirlpools and the waiter-served Serenity Bar are available between 8 am – 10 pm. Hours may vary depending on cruise itinerary, portdays/seadays, weather. Serenity Deck is furnished with hammocks, wicker chaise lounges and clamshell chairs (plush seating, teal cushions). There is a separate shaded seating area with plush wicker sofas, chairs and tables. At regular bar prices, Serenity Bar’s menu offers drinks and refreshments (cocktails, beer/buckets, wine, frozens, smoothies, shakes, soda).
- On Sky Deck is also the Twister Waterslide’s entrance.
Carnival Dream current position
This is a VesselFinder tracker for Carnival Dream current position (location now) tracking IMO number 9378474. Its map shows where is Carnival Dream cruise ship today, along with next cruise port of call, ETA (estimated arrival time and date) and the ship’s current cruising speed in knots.
You can share our Carnival Dream deck plans review via our social media buttons.