Carnival Sunshine deck plans review will show you the current position of Carnival Sunshine cruise ship, actual location of cabins and facilities by deck, along with information on Carnival Cruise Lines Sunshine ship rooms sizes, types and categories (codes). Via the next link, you can view or download Carnival Sunshine deck plans in PDF (printable version).
Carnival Sunshine (built 1996 as “Carnival Destiny”, renamed “Sunshine” after a major refit and refurbishment in 2013) is in the list of newest Carnival cruise ships, along with Breeze (2012), Magic (2011) and Dream (2009). And this is the proper place to mention the future leader in this list – the super new cruise ship Carnival Vista (scheduled for delivery in 2016).
As passenger vessel class, the Sunshine ship is (Carnival Destiny was) the first of all three Carnival Cruise Lines Destiny-class ships – together with Triumph and Victory, and the Costa cruise ships Fortuna and Magica. Now she belongs to the unique Sunshine-class. This is an outbound link to the Sunshine ship official page at Carnival.com.
Carnival Sunshine cruise ship rooms
Carnival ship Sunshine has a total of 32 wheelchair accessible cabins (for disabled guests) and 89 Cloud 9 Spa cabins (of them 22 Inside, 70 Balcony and 3 Suite). The number of cabin categories is 34.
Connecting staterooms (“family cabins”) are located on decks 1, 2, 6, 9, 10 and 11. The list of connecting cabins grades includes: 2 beds (PT, 4E, 4G), 2-4 beds (6J, 8S), 2-3-4 beds (6A, 6B, 6C, 8T), 3-4 beds (6D), and 4 beds (4J).
Carnival Sunshine Cabins Plans
|Carnival Sunshine Rooms Categories||Max Passengers||Cabin size in sq feet / sq meters
(balcony size ft2 / m2)
|Staterooms||Location On Deck /names|
|(CS) Captain’s Suite layout||5||500 / 46
(150 / 14)
|(GS) Grand Suite layout||2||345 / 32
(85 / 8)
|(SS) Cloud 9 Spa Suite and (OS) Ocean Suite layout||4||275 / 26
(65 / 6)
|(9B, 9C) Premium Balcony cabin layout||4||185 / 17
(75 / 7)
|(8S) Cloud 9 Spa Balcony and Balcony cabin layout||4||185 / 17
(35 / 3)
|(6K, 6J) Scenic Oceanview cabin layout||2||220 / 30||6||9-Lido|
|(6A, 6B, 6C, 6D) Oceanview cabins layout||4||220 / 30||308 (plus 28 with obstructed view)||1-Riviera
|(1A) Small Interior cabin layout(4S) Spa Interior, and (PT, 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 4F, 4G, 4J) Interior cabins layouts||4||185 / 17
1A (160 / 15)
Carnival Sunshine cabins review
Follows the review of Carnival Sunshine staterooms as amenities, furniture and services:
- Each of the two Captain’s Suites has master bedroom (2 twin beds convertible to king, Pullman bed), dressing area (vanity, large walk-in closet), large bathroom, separate living room (double sofa bed, coffee table, desk, 2 armchairs), separate bathroom (shower), fridge and mini-bar.
- Carnival Sunshine Suite accommodations (Grand, Cloud 9 Spa, and Ocean) have 2 twin beds (convertible to king), dressing area (walk-in closet, vanity table, chair), private bathroom (WC, shower/whirlpool bathtub, bidet, double sinks). Some GS-OS suites have single/double sofa bed for 3rd/4th person.
- All balcony accommodations feature a private balcony with sliding glass doors (table, patio chairs, rail with clear glass panel).
- All Carnival Sunshine Cloud 9 Spa cabins have exclusive access to the Spa facilities on Spa Deck 10. Their grades are: Spa Suite (SS), Spa Balcony (8S, 8T), and Spa Inside (4S). Carnival Cloud 9 Spa rooms have the following amenities (applicable for two guests per stateroom only): Spa reservations, Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool (complimentary, unlimited), 2 fitness classes (complimentary), bathrobes/slippers, deluxe bath amenities.
- Premium Vista Balcony cabins are located around the ship’s corners (category 9C-aft have a wrap-around balcony).
- Scenic Oceanview cabins location is on Lido Deck 9, and feature floor-ceiling windows, separate sitting area (vanity desk, coffee table), twin beds (convertible), sofa bed, upper Pullman bed.
- Ocean View cabins have a picture window and twin beds don’t convert to king when both upper beds are in use. Some ocean view staterooms have sofa and/or upper beds (Pullman) for 3rd/4th person.
- Inside cabins with windows have either Porthole Window (PT, on decks 1 and 2) or Picture Window (all the 4 grades /4J is obstructed view). Some Interior staterooms have sofa and/or upper bed (Pullman) for 3rd/4th person.
- Small Inside cabins have bunk beds (upper/lower Pullman beds), living area (vanity, chair), bathroom (shower).
- All Carnival Sunshine cabins as amenities have living area (vanity, seating), flat TV, direct-dial phone, safe, hairdryer, bathrobes, bathroom amenity basket (replenished upon request), Carnival Comfort Bed System (deluxe linens, duvet, cover, spring mattress, custom pillows /100% cotton), beach towels, mini-bar/fridge, individual air-conditioning, complimentary 24-hour room service.
Carnival Sunshine Deck Plans Review
Carnival Sunshine cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1503 staterooms for 3002 passengers (max capacity is 3758 guests), served by 1150 crew/staff.
The Sunshine ship has 14 passenger decks, 22 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof), 7 jacuzzies, 10 elevators.
Carnival Sunshine decks with passenger cabins have a total of 55 Suites, 508 Balconies, 342 Oceanviews, 586 Inside cabins, Self Service Laundromats (passenger use launderettes).
The list of Carnival Sunshine deck plan changes (after Carnival Destiny ship refurbishment in 2013), with all new bars, lounges and dining options upgrades includes:
- “Ji Ji”/Asian, “Fat Jimmy’s”/barbecue, “Pizzeria del Capitano”, “Fahrenheit 555/steakhouse”, “JavaBlue Cafe”, “Shake Spot”, “Guy’s Burger”, “BlueIguana Cantina”/Mexican, “Seaday Brunch”, “The Comfort Kitchen”/Lido, “Havana Bar”/Lido, “Sunshine Bar”, “Alchemy Bar”, “RedFrog Pub”, “Cherry On Top”, “Punchliner”, “Hasbro”
- 3-deck “Serenity Retreat”
- “Carnival Cloud 9 Spa”
- renovated “SportSquare”
- “Waterworks”/AquaPark, “Camp Carnival” (new design)
- newly added passenger rooms – 182, of which 96 spa staterooms
- USD 155 million was the total cost of the 49-day drydock refit that made the old Carnival Destiny ship perfectly reborn into the new Sunshine.
You can watch here the official Carnival Cruise Lines Sunshine YouTube video tour about the new ship’s feature facilities and venues:
Carnival Sunshine Deck 1 Plan – Riviera
- Riviera Deck cruise cabins from 1,401 to 1,641, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A, 4A and 4B), Oceanview cabins (6A, 6B and PT – porthole).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 2 Plan – Main
- Lobby area (also used for Park West house art auctions)
- Main Deck cruise cabins from 2,101 to 2,353, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A, 4C and 4B), Oceanview cabins (6C, 6B and PT – porthole).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 3 Plan – Lobby
- Sunshine Atrium (9-decks high midship open floor area), with Lobby Bar, piano, dance floor)
- Reception (Guest Services Desk- information, assistance, reservations and bookings)
- Shore Excursions Desk (booking, planning)
- Sunset Restaurant (forward Dining Room with “Your Time Dining” open seating between 5:45-9:30pm)
- Sunrise Restaurant (aft Dining Room open for Breakfast 6-8am, Lunch 12-2pm, Punchliner Comedy Brunch/seadays only 9am-1:30pm, with 2 fixed dinner seatings – at 6 and 8:15pm; “Seuss At Sea” themed breakfasts $5 PP cover charge; level 1)
- Lobby Deck cruise cabins from 3,101 to 3,143, of which Inside cabins (categories – 4C and 4J – Interior Picture Window (obstructed view).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 4 Plan – Mezzanine
- Liquid Lounge & Theater (capacity 800 seats, live entertainment show venue, featuring “Hasbro, the Game Show”, board games, themed music shows; level 1)
- The Library Bar (books, Hasbro games, self-serve wine dispenser machines for wine tastings)
- Piano 88 Bar (piano bar)
- Pixels Photo Gallery & Shop (photo-video services, equipment, accessories)
- Dreams Photo Studio
- Farenheit 555 Steakhouse (reservations only restaurant at surcharge, serving prime steaks and seafood; also the place for Carnival’s “Chef’s Table” VIP dining/12 guests capacity, $75 PP surcharge)
- Bonsai Sushi Bar (Japanese cuisine and drinks, with a la carte menu, open for dinner 5-12pm, and for lunch on seadays- 11am-3pm)
- Limelight Lounge (the place for the “Punchliner Comedy Club”)
- Service boats (18 lifeboats, 2 tender boats, 16 life rafts, 5 marine evacuation rafts)
- Sunrise Restaurant (level 2).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 5 Plan – Promenade
- Liquid Lounge (level 2)
- EA Sports Bar (with big TVs)
- Sunshine Casino (slots, gaming tables, gambling tournaments, classes; Sunshine Casino Bar)
- Cherry On Top (candy shop, The Fun Shops catalog/Bon Voyage store; tuxedo rentals, special occasions gifts, logo merchandise)
- The Warehouse Video Games Arcade
- FunHub (Internet computers room, open 24 hour; free Intranet- information on menus, onboard programs, scheduled events)
- ShakeSpot (selling frozens and shakes/also spiked)
- Java Blue Cafe (specialty coffee bar, also serving cappuccino and latte)
- Fat Jimmy’s C-Side BBQ (complimentary lunch barbecue, pork sandwiches)
- Ocean Plaza (aft location entertainment area with live music, trivia, stage for live performances)
- The Taste Bar (open 5:30-8pm)
- RedFrog Pub (English bar with indoor/outdoor seating, live music, international beers selection, appetizers, serving the private label Thirstyfrog/RedFrog beer)
- Alchemy Bar (made to order cocktails by professional mixologists)
- Promenade Deck cruise cabins from 5301 to 5347, of which Interior cabins 4D, Oceanview 6D, Aft Balcony rooms 8M, Ocean Suite OS.
Carnival Sunshine Deck 6 Plan – Upper
- Upper Deck cruise cabins from 6,101 to 6,379, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A, 4D, 4J and 4E), Balcony cabins (8A, 8B, 8M (larger balcony with aft view) and 9C – Premuim Balcony).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 7 Plan – Empress
- Empress Deck cruise cabins from 7,101 to 7,333. of which Inside cabins (categories – 4F, 4J and 4E), Balcony cabins (8C, 8B, 8M (larger balcony with aft view) and 9C – Premuim Balcony), Suites (GS – Grand Suite, OS – Ocean Suite).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 8 Plan – Verandah
- Navigation Bridge (bow location) is inaccessible for passengers.
- Verandah Deck cruise cabins from 8,101 to 8,339. of which Inside cabins (categories – 4Fand 4G), Balcony cabins (8C, 8D, 8N (larger balcony with aft view) and 9B, 9C – Premuim Balcony).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 9 Plan – Lido/Pool
- Beach Pool area (with 2 Whirlpools)
- RedFrog Rum Bar (best Caribbean rums selection, also serves the ThirstyFrog Red drought beer/private label)
- Guy’s Burger Joint (fast food bar by Guy Fiery- burgers and fries)
- BlueIguana Cantina (complimentary Mexican restaurant, house-made tortillas and made to order burritos & tacos for breakfast/lunch, with plenty of options for fillings)
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar (margaritas, Mexican beer and other drink specialties)
- Lido Marketplace buffet restaurant (self-service breakfast and lunch, dinner bistro from 6 to 9:30pm), take-away food stands and stations/all complimentary, including deli/with 1 beer dispenser for RedFrog and Bud Light, “Taste of Nations”, 24-hour Pizzeria, Salsa Bar, “Mongolian Wok” (Asian/Chinese food), “Tandoori” (Indian food), Salads Bar, Desserts Station; open between 6:30am-12pm)
- Cucina del Capitano (Italian cuisine reservations-only Trattoria restaurant, a la carte dinner menu/at surcharge, complimentary lunch/hand-tossed pizzas; has a beer dispenser machine serving RedFrog beer and Bud Light)
- Ji Ji Asian Kitchen (Chinese food, Mongolian Wok, sushi, prayer rolls)
- Havana Bar (Cuban sandwiches, empanadas, flan, with evening live Latin music entertainment, becomes disco club after midnight)
- Lido Deck cruise cabins from 9,107 to 9,221, of which Inside cabins (category 4G), Oceanview (6J – Scenic Ocean View, 6K – Scenic Grand Ocean View), Balcony cabins (8D and 8E), Suites (CS – Captain Suite).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 10 Plan – Spa/WaterWorks
- Cloud 9 Spa & Fitness complex (Gym, Fitness Studio/classes, Sauna, Thermal Suites, Steam Room, Beauty Salon; with the ZSpa teenagers program, also with 15 Treatment Rooms, of which 2 for couples; open 8am-11pm)
- Seaside Theatre (huge LED screen outdoor cinema- movies, concerts, sport events, stage for live performances and games)
- Circle C (children club lounge area for 12-14 yo; video games, movies, parties, planned activities; all complimentary)
- Club O2 (teens only club lounge; movies, video games, karaoke, themed parties, booking teens only cruise shore excursion)
- Camp Carnival (children’s club lounge, complimentary programming for 2-5 yo, 6-8 yo, 9-12 yo, with supervised activities)
- Carnival WaterWorks area – with 5 slides, including “Speedway Splash” (235 ft/72 m) and “Twister” (334 ft/102 m), entrance is on deck 14; 1 Whirlpool, kids fountains, SplashZone with pools for kids (if under 13 kids can enter the area only after parental permission, and must be at least 42″/107cm tall)
- Spa Deck Cloud 9 Spa cabins from 10,101 to 10,145, of which Inside cabins (category 4S), Balcony cabins (8S), Spa Suites (SS).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 11 Plan – Sports
- Serenity (adults only relaxation complex with Serenity Pool, hammocks, loungers; level 1)
- SportSquare (basketball course, Ropes Course, 9-hole Mini Golf Course, Tennis Tables)
- Power Walking/Jogging Track (7 laps = 1 ml)
- SeaDogs (aft location, complimentary beef hotdogs stand, toppings)
- Sports Deck Cloud 9 Spa cabins from 11,000 to 11,039 of which Inside cabins (category 4S ), Balcony cabins (category 8T).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 12 Plan – Sky
- Serenity (adults only area, level 2)
- Sky Deck Cloud 9 Spa cabins from 12,001 to 12,027, of which Inside cabins (category 4S), Balcony cabins (8T), Spa Suites (SS).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 14 Plan – Serenity
- Serenity (adults only area, level 3, with Serenity Bar, 1 huge-size Spa Whirlpool and a cascading waterfall).
Carnival Sunshine current position
This is a VesselFinder tracker for Carnival Sunshine current position (location now) tracking IMO number 9070058. Its map shows where is Carnival Sunshine cruise ship today, along with next cruise port of call, ETA (estimated arrival time and date) and the Sunshine ship current cruising speed in knots.
You can share our Carnival Sunshine deck plans review via our social media buttons.