Carnival Sunshine deck plans review will show you the current position of Carnival Sunshine cruise ship, actual location of cabins and facilities by deck, along with information on Carnival Cruise Lines Sunshine ship rooms sizes, types and categories (codes). Via the next link, you can view or download Carnival Sunshine deck plans in PDF (printable version / opens in new tab). To skip the lengthy cabins information section, just follow the next link to the Sunshine ship’s deck plan review.
Carnival Sunshine (built 1996 as “Carnival Destiny”, renamed “Sunshine” after a major refit and refurbishment in 2013, last refurbished in 2016 May) is in the list of newest Carnival cruise ships, along with Breeze (2012), Magic (2011) and Dream (2009). And this is the proper place to mention the future leader in this list – the super new cruise ship Carnival Vista (scheduled for delivery in 2016).
As passenger vessel class, the Sunshine ship is (Carnival Destiny was) the first of all three Carnival Cruise Lines Destiny-class ships – together with Triumph and Victory, and the Costa Cruises ships Fortuna and Magica. Now she belongs to the unique Sunshine-class. This is an outbound link to the official page at Carnival.com.
Carnival Sunshine cruise ship rooms
Carnival ship Sunshine has a total of 32 wheelchair accessible cabins (for disabled passengers) and 89 Cloud 9 Spa cabins (of them 22 Inside, 70 Balcony and 3 Suite). The number of cabin categories is 34.
Connecting staterooms (“family cabins”) are located on decks 1, 2, 6, 9, 10 and 11. The list of connecting cabins grades includes: 2 beds (PT, 4E, 4G), 2-4 beds (6J, 8S), 2-3-4 beds (6A, 6B, 6C, 8T), 3-4 beds (6D), and 4 beds (4J).
Carnival Sunshine cabins plans
|Carnival Sunshine Rooms Categories, Size, Capacity, Location (deck names), Floor Plans|
(CS) Captain’s Suite layout
(GS) Grand Suites layouts
(SS) Cloud 9 Spa Suite and (OS) Ocean Suites layouts
(9B, 9C) Premium Balcony cabins layouts
(8S, 8T) Cloud 9 Spa Balcony, (8E, 8D, 8C, 8B, 8A) Standard Balcony, and (8N, 8M) Extended Balcony cabins layouts
(6K, 6J) Scenic Oceanview cabins layouts
(6A, 6B, 6C, 6D) Outside / Oceanview cabins layout
(4S) Spa Interior, and (PT, 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 4F, 4G, 4J) Inside / Interior cabins layouts
(1A) Small Interior / Single cabins layouts
|(SS-Suite, 8S-Balcony, 6S-Oceanview, 4S-Interior) Cloud 9 Spa cabins layouts|
Carnival Sunshine cabins review
Follows the review of Carnival Sunshine staterooms as amenities, furniture and complimentary services:
- Each of the two Captain’s Suites has master bedroom (2 twin beds convertible to king, Pullman bed), dressing area (vanity, large walk-in closet), large bathroom, separate living room (double sofa bed, coffee table, desk, 2 armchairs), separate bathroom (shower), fridge and mini-bar.
- Carnival Sunshine Suite accommodations (Grand, Cloud 9 Spa, and Ocean) have 2 twin beds (convertible to king), dressing area (walk-in closet, vanity table, chair), private bathroom (WC, shower/whirlpool bathtub, bidet, double sinks). Some GS-OS suites have single/double sofa bed for 3rd/4th person.
- All balcony accommodations feature a private balcony with sliding glass doors (table, patio chairs, rail with clear glass panel).
- All Carnival Sunshine Cloud 9 Spa cabins have exclusive access to the Spa facilities on Spa Deck 10. Their grades are: Spa Suite (SS), Spa Balcony (8S, 8T), and Spa Inside (4S). Carnival Cloud 9 Spa rooms have the following complimentary amenities, services and perks (applicable for two guests per stateroom only): Thermal Suite (complimentary, unlimited access), 2 fitness classes (complimentary, Yoga or Pilates), 2 metabolism tests (complimentary), 1 Scrub Kit (complimentary, for the Thermal Suite), bathrobes, slippers, deluxe in-room bath amenities (by Elemis – shampoo, conditioner, sharp shower gel, vitamin-rich body lotion, 1 hand and 1 body soap disks), priority Spa reservations (must be made by 6 pm on embarkation day). Passengers booked in Cloud 9 Spa cabins also enjoy Spa treatment discounts while the ship is docked in ports of call – 20% off (1st), 30% off (2nd) and 40% off (3rd treatment).
- Premium Vista Balcony cabins are located around the ship’s corners (category 9C-aft have a wrap-around balcony).
- Scenic Oceanview cabins location is on Lido Deck 9, and feature floor-ceiling windows, separate sitting area (vanity desk, coffee table), twin beds (convertible), sofa bed, upper Pullman bed.
- Ocean View cabins have a picture window and twin beds don’t convert to king when both upper beds are in use. Some ocean view staterooms have sofa and/or upper beds (Pullman) for 3rd/4th person.
- Inside cabins with windows have either Porthole Window (PT, on decks 1 and 2) or Picture Window (all the 4 grades /4J is obstructed view). Some Interior staterooms have sofa and/or upper bed (Pullman) for 3rd/4th person.
- Small Inside cabins have bunk beds (upper/lower Pullman beds), living area (vanity, chair), bathroom (shower).
- All Carnival Sunshine cabins as amenities have living area (vanity, seating), flat TV, direct-dial phone, safe, hairdryer, bathrobes, lifejackets (in the closet), bathroom amenity basket (replenished upon request), custom-made beds (Carnival Comfort Bed System), beach towels, mini-bar/fridge, individual air-conditioning, complimentary 24-hour room service. Bibles (Gideon version) are provided upon request.
- The Carnival’s Sail & Sign card (cashless onboard credit account) doubles as stateroom key. The S&S credit program allows charges on purchases and tips/gratuities directly to a personal account throughout the Carnival cruise. The card has a designated owner and must be utilized for all money transactions on the ship as cash is accepted as a form of payment only at the casino. These cards are provided to all passengers (incl minors) immediately upon boarding the ship. Balance updates are provided at Guest Services desk (at any time). They can also be checked via the interactive TV in each stateroom.
- The ship’s interactive TV system allows passengers to purchase movies on demand, to order room service and to check the Sail & Sign account’s status. The on-demand movie list has approx 25 films available for ordering at USD 5 per movie. Adult-content films cost USD 10 per movie.
- Depending on satellite reception (Carnival Sunshine location at sea), the complimentary in-cabin TV programming includes the following channels: ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CNN (Domestic, International, Espanol), TCM (classic movies), cartoons (Boomerang, CN), TNT, TBS. There are 2 complimentary movie channels showing a film every 3 hours (both starting at 12 noon). One shows all-time favorites (PG -13 rated) and the other shows all-time family favorites (G / PG rated). The following TV channels are Carnival-themed and also complimentary: Fun Finds TV, Cruise Director, Fun Aboard, Park West Art, Shore Tours, Ship Position, live cam views (webcams positioned forward and on lido deck), Audible Funtimes, Photo, Music. Sporting events (ESPN, ESPN 2) are shown only on big screens – at the ship’s Sports Bar and Seaside Theatre (not in cabins/suites). All the TV’s connection ports are intentionally disabled, which makes impossible to connect it with personal devices (cameras, DVDs, USBs, iPods, gaming consoles, etc).
- Bathroom amenities vary each time, so it’s advisable you bring your own. Samples may include toothpaste, mouthwash, dental floss, body lotion, razor, antiacids. There is a wall-mounted dispenser in the shower stall (for liquid soap and shampoo).
- Electric power outlets are located in the desk/vanity area – one 110 V outlet (3-pronged, USA grounded) and one 220 V outlet (European standard). The bathroom’s 2-pin plug can be used only for electric razors.
- The new Carnival beds are Europe-manufactured exclusively for the company. The ensemble includes custom pillows (trademarked “New Generation Pillows”, 100% cotton), duvet (100% hypoallergenic, ultra-fine, satin-striped), cover, deluxe sheets (high quality cotton), pillowcases (ultra-fine, satin-striped), 8-inch / 20 cm spring mattresses (trademarked “Carnival Comfort”). Alternative (non-allergenic) bedding is also available. It includes 100% polyester blankets, sheets and pillowcases (60/40 cotton-polyester) and New Generation Pillows (100% cotton). Note: Trundle beds don’t have Carnival Comfort mattresses.
- Carnival-logoed Beach Towels are provided in each cruise accommodation for passengers to take ashore. Beach towels are also available for purchasing (at $22). Bathrobes (2) are provided in all cruise suites and also in “Cloud 9 Spa” cabins/suites. Additional bathrobes are provided upon request. For all other cruise accommodations, bathrobes are provided (upon request) during the turndown service on the first evening. Bathrobes can be purchased at $49 (adult size) and $24 (children sizes /2-4 yo and 6-8 yo).
- Life jackets are used in cases of emergency only (not at the ship pools). Lifejackets are located within passenger/crew cabins (in the closet). They are available in 3 sizes – adult, child and infant.
- Each of the cabins has a safe (located in the closet) with approx dimensions (inches/centimeters) – width (10/25), height (9/23) and depth (8/20). Cabin safes can be accessed by any magnetic strip card. It is advisable not to use a valid credit card (or driver’s license), but an old expired card (or some rewards card) instead. Some safes are with a keypad (personal code). Safes can be opened also by the ship’s security.
- All cruise cabin and suite mini-bars are stocked with premium liquors ($6-9,25), beer ($6,25), energy drinks ($5), soft soda/beverages ($2), bottled water ($3,75).
- In-cabin babysitting is not available (read more at Camp Ocean below). Cribs in cruise cabins are provided complimentary (upon request). In Main Dining Rooms are provided complimentary high chairs and booster seats.
- Smoking in cabins/suites and on their balconies is prohibited. On Carnival Sunshine, smoking allowed areas (cigarettes /incl electronic cigarettes) are the Casino (designated areas) and Casino Bar. Smoking (incl of cigars and tobacco pipes) is allowed on designated outdoor areas on Deck 3 portside (forward/midship/aft) and on Deck 10 starboard and portside (near Seaside Theatre /forward pool area).
- Funville@Sea is a free of charge Intranet service providing information on onboard activities and events schedule, bar and restaurant menus, deck maps, Fun Times (newspaper), FunAshore (tour guides), Carnival cruise news, itinerary related weather reports, onboard social network (tracking/messaging other passengers). The complimentary service is available via the Infotainment system (in all cabins) and also at the FunHub stations around the ship.
- NEWS: Carnival Cruise Line is currently testing a new program allowing ship passengers to customize their steward service by choosing to have the cabin serviced in the morning, at night or both (twice a day). All guests can choose from a list of additional cabin amenities, among which are bathrobes, extra pillows, blankets, closet hangers. All guests can also specify how often the bed linens to be changed during the cruise. Your personal preferences can be selected from a services menu card left in each of the ship’s staterooms. By default, if you make no selections on the card, your room service steward will service the accommodation twice daily.
- NEWS: Starting September 1, 2016, Carnival Sunshine gratuities (per day per person) will be USD 12,95 (for standard cabin passengers) and USD 13,95 for suite passengers. Newly added perks for all suites will be: priority embarkation/debarkation/tendering (all ports), priority main dining room reservations, complimentary bottled water in cabins, complimentary bag of laundry (one per cruise), enhanced turndown service.
You can see all the furniture details on Carnival Cruise Line Carnival Sunshine cabin plans in the above table. Next combo photo shows the ship’s Cloud 9 Spa cabins’ interiors.
Cruise Ship Room Service
In 2016, Carnival Cruise Lines rolled out fleetwide for-fee (chargeable) room service menu, which items can be ordered 24/7. The new menu still has free of charge items – hot and cold sandwiches, salads, desserts, beverages, Continental Breakfast selections. At extra cost (ranging between USD 1,50 and 6) are items that include shrimp, also sushi, pizza, quesadillas, cheesesteaks, chicken wings/tenders, fries. Bar drinks orders through room service are at regular bar menu prices (no extra fee added).
Complimentary room service menu
- Continental Breakfast (upon request)
- Sandwiches are served with potato salad, coleslaw, potato chips/pretzels, breads (white, whole wheat, rye, gluten free). The list of sandwiches includes Tuna Salad, Roast Turkey, Ham & Cheese, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato, Grilled Cheese, Grilled Reuben (corned beef, Swiss cheese).
- Salads – Garden, Caesar, Vegetable Platter (with dips)
- Desserts – cheesecake, cookies, chocolate cake
- Beverages – juices (tomato, orange, apple, grapefruit), tea (hot, iced), hot chocolate, milk, soft drinks (club soda, ginger ale, tonic water, coke and sprite /also diet)
- Beers – domestic (Budweiser, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, Samuel Adams), imported (Heineken, Corona, Stella Artois), also available are beer buckets and wines by the bottle.
For-fee room service menu
The following items are available for ordering 24 hours, but are at additional charge.
- Chicken Wings ($5) – choice of Honey BBQ, Teriyaki, Garlic Parmesan, Buffalo Sauce, Caribbean Jerk
- Chicken Tenders ($5) – choice of sauce (BBQ or Honey Mustard)
- Firecracker Shrimp ($6) – fried with chili ginger, served with fries
- Chicken Quesadilla ($5)
- Philly Cheesesteak ($5) – served with fries
- Pan Pizza ($5) – handmade and baked-to-order (Cheese, Pepperoni, Ham and Pineapple)
- French Fries ($1,50), Sweet Potato Fries ($2), Banana Split ($4).
Continental Breakfast room service menu
The following items are available for ordering free of charge.
- Cereals and Fruits – Banana, Melon, Frosted Flakes, Special K, Raisin Bran, Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes, Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Bakery – toasts (white, wheat, gluten free), danish pastries, muffins, croissants, bagels
- Yogurt – plain, strawberry, peach, raspberry
- Drinks – juices (orange, apple, tomato, grapefruit), hot tea, milk (also skim and chocolate), fresh coffee (regular and decaf)
- Half-and-half (milk-cream), butter, margarine, cream cheese, jelly (grape, diet, strawberry, guava), honey, orange marmalade.
Carnival Sunshine cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1503 staterooms for 3002 passengers (max capacity is 3758 guests), served by 1150 crew/staff.
The Sunshine ship has 14 passenger decks, 22 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof), 7 jacuzzies, 10 elevators.
Carnival Sunshine decks with passenger cabins have a total of 55 Suites, 508 Balconies, 342 Oceanviews, 586 Inside cabins, Self Service Laundromats (passenger use launderettes). Laundry facilities are at extra-charge – $3,25 (per washer or dryer load) and $1,5 per box (detergent/water softener, dispensed from the vending machine in the room). Launderettes (open between 6:30 am – 12 midnight) are located on all cabin decks. Each laundry room is equipped with 2-3 washers, 2-3 dryers, 1 ironing board/iron. All laundry machines are coinless (can be operated using S&S cards only). While the ship is in port, washing machines are closed (only dryers and irons can be used). Valet laundry service is handled through the cabin steward. Prices are per item – wash-and-press ($2 – $7,50) and dry-cleaning ($3 – $10,50).
The list of Carnival Sunshine deck plan changes (after Carnival Destiny ship refurbishment in 2013), with all new bars, lounges and dining options upgrades includes:
- “Ji Ji”/Asian, “Fat Jimmy’s”/barbecue, “Cucina del Capitano”, “Fahrenheit 555/steakhouse”, “JavaBlue Cafe”, “Shake Spot”, “Guy’s Burger”, “BlueIguana Cantina”/Mexican, “Seaday Brunch”, “The Comfort Kitchen”/Lido, “Havana Bar”/Lido, “Sunshine Bar”, “Alchemy Bar”, “RedFrog Pub”, “Cherry On Top”, “Punchliner”, “Hasbro”
- 3-deck “Serenity Retreat”
- “Carnival Cloud 9 Spa”
- renovated “SportSquare”
- “Waterworks”/AquaPark, “Camp Carnival” (new design)
- newly added passenger rooms – 182, of which 96 spa staterooms
- USD 155 million was the total cost of the 49-day drydock refit that made the old Carnival Destiny ship perfectly reborn into the new Sunshine.
You can watch here the official Carnival Cruise Lines Sunshine YouTube video tour about the new ship’s feature facilities and venues:
Carnival Sunshine Deck 1 Plan – Riviera
- Riviera Deck cruise cabins from 1401 to 1641, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A, 4A and 4B), Oceanview cabins (6A, 6B and PT – porthole).
- (on crew deck 0 below) Medical Center is the ship’s hospital operated by resident doctors/physicians and nurses on 24-hour call duty. The infirmary (open between 8 am – 8 pm /doctor hours 8-11am and 3-6pm) is equipped with defibrillators, external pacemakers, pulse oximeters, an ECG (electrocardiograph machine), thrombolytic and lab equipment. Treatments at the ship hospital are equivalent to a private doctor’s visit. All treatments, tests and medications are at extra charge. The only exception is Bonine (seasickness medication) also available for free at the ship’s Reception (24 hours).
- General health insurance policies do not apply, so buying cruise health insurance is recommended. Buying Carnival Cruise Vacation Protection Plan makes you eligible for reimbursements of up to USD 10000 (covered medical expenses) and up to USD 30000 (Emergency Medical Evacuation / medevac expenses).
- The ship’s physicians are independent contractors and render medical services at a customary fee. The basic fee doesn’t include medication, tests or treatments. Payments are made via the “Sail and Sign” card. Medical staffing varies by ship – either 1 physician with 3 nurses or 2 physicians with 5 nurses.
Carnival Sunshine Deck 2 Plan – Main
- Art Gallery displays original works from renown art dealers, available for purchasing at discount prices (allegedly cheaper than at land galleries). Park West Gallery art auctions are complemented by sparkling wine and held daily (usually in early afternoon) at the Atrium’s Lobby.
- Main Deck cruise cabins from 2101 to 2353, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A, 4C and 4B), Oceanview cabins (6C, 6B and PT – porthole).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 3 Plan – Lobby
- Sunshine Atrium (9-decks high midship open floor area), with Lobby Bar, piano, dance floor)
- Guest Services (Reception/Purser Desk) provides 24-hour assistance, information, bookings/reservations, luggage and cashier services.
- Shore Excursions Desk provides information on Carnival cruise tours and excursions (sponsored by the line and offered for each port on the current itinerary), also planning and booking services.
- The galley (kitchen) is located in between both Main Dining Rooms (MDR) and also has the “Chef’s Table” (private dining room).
- Sunset Dining Room (forward location, 702 seats) and Sunrise Dining Room (aft location, 1114 seats, on 2 levels) are complimentary, waiter-served Main Dining Room restaurants for Breakfast, Brunch (seadays only), Lunch (seadays only) and Dinner. On portdays, Breakfast is served between 7:30 – 9:30 am (closed for lunch). Dining Room hours are subject to change due to itinerary/port of call arrival times or scheduled onboard activities. On seadays, one MDR serves “Punchliner Comedy Brunch” (breakfast and lunch /between 8:30 am – 1 pm) while the other MDR serves Breakfast (between 8 – 10 am) and Lunch (between 12 noon – 1:30 pm). Afternoon Tea service (between 3 – 4 pm /seadays only, complimentary) includes a selection of teas, mini sandwiches, sweets. Dinner (seadays/portdays) is with 2 fixed/pre-assigned seatings – Early (at 6 pm) and Late (at 8:15 pm), plus Anytime (“Your Time Dining” between 5:45 – 9:30 pm). Dr Seuss themed “Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast” (cover charge $5 pp, reservations recommended) is once per cruise (on a seaday /itinerary based) at 8:30 am and 9:30 am. The dining experience features Dr Seuss character visits, waiters in special uniforms, themed decoration, unique menu.
- The Punchliner Comedy Brunch menu is divided into 3 parts – Opening Act, Headliners, Punchline and Bloody Mary Bar. The dining experience includes 5-6-min stand-up comedy acts (family friendly, at each hour) performed by the evening’s comedians. The “opening act” (menu 1) has flamin’ tomatoes soup, bagel breakfast, fresh fruit platter (with cottage cheese or plain), Caesar salad, Eggs Benedict, custom-made omelettes, dos huevos, sides (sliced ham, cheddar grits, grilled tomato, smoked bacon, pork/chicken sausages, turkey bacon) and George’s recipes. Both recipes are special dishes created by the US comedian George Lopez- Huevos Rancheros (chicken quesadilla topped with fried eggs and cheese) and Breakfast Burrito (tortilla filled with scrambled eggs, beans, chorizo). The “headliners” (menu 2) has funny French toast, fat stack pancakes, carne y huevos (filet mignon), mac-and-cheese (fried chicken, steak or smoked bacon), pappardelle pasta, grilled salmon fillet, hen alla diavola (grilled chicken). The “punchline” (dessert menu 3) has ice cream, caramelized cheesecake, banana cream pie, Mexican churros (donuts). The “Bloody Mary Bar” (drinks menu) offers custom-made cocktails. While the food is complimentary, beverages are extra-charge (excluding coffee, milk, juices).
- At dinner, in both Main Dining Rooms Carnival offers the “American Table” menu. It changes each evening and includes contemporary American cuisine dishes (appetizers, entrees, desserts). On formal dinners (1-2 per sailing /itinerary based) Carnival offers the “American Feast” menu with gourmet appetizers, prime meats/seafood, vegetarian dishes, signature desserts. The formal dining experience features live big-band music, special table decoration (luxury linens, centerpiece), keepsake menus, Cruise Elegant dress code.
- Lobby Deck cruise cabins from 3101 to 3143, of which Inside cabins (categories – 4C and 4J – Interior Picture Window (obstructed view).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 4 Plan – Atlantic
- Liquid Lounge & Theater (capacity 800 seats, live entertainment show venue, featuring “Hasbro, the Game Show”, board games, themed music shows; level 1)
- The Library Bar is a small lounge functioning as library/cocktail bar. Along with books and board games (Hasbro-branded, chess), the lounge has a large TV, comfortable armchairs, high chairs by the bar. It is served by a librarian (who doubles as bartender) and offers alcohol drinks by the glass (blended/single malt whiskeys, bourbons, cognacs, brandies, rums, cordials, liqueurs) and specialty cocktails. The library also has 2 wine vending machines (self-serve enomatic machines) for wine tasting. A choice of 8 different wines are dispensed in portions of 2-4-6 oz (60-120-180 ml).
- Piano 88 Bar (cocktail bar) offers themed music nights, grand piano for live performances by a resident pianist, singalongs, trivia quizzes. The bar is among the best places for pre-dinner drinks and singing.
- Pixels Photo Gallery & Shop (photo-video services, equipment, accessories)
- Dreams Photo Studio
- Farenheit 555 Steakhouse (69 seats, open between 6 – 9:30 pm) is a premium steakhouse-seafood restaurant at surcharge (reservations recommended). Cover charge fee of $35 pp (adults/kids) includes 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert and gratuity. Steakhouse’s menu has starters (escargots, grilled mushroom, tuna tartare, shrimp cocktail, crab cake, lobster bisque, onion soup), salads (Caesar, spinach/mushrooms, iceberg lettuce, beef steak tomato), sides (Baked Potatoes, Sauteed Mushrooms, Creamed Spinach, Steamed Broccoli), entrees (prime aged beef steaks – 14oz NY strip loin, 18oz rib and 18oz ribeye, 9oz filet mignon, lamb chops, chicken, Maine lobster, fish fillet from the market /itinerary based), desserts (cheesecake, caramelized apples, chocolate sampler, fresh fruits, selections of cheeses, sherbets and ice creams). The Steakhouse also serves beverages (bar prices apply) – fresh coffee/tea, dessert wines and after dinner drinks. The food is wheeled on a cart to your table for examination. A cooking demonstration offers an hour-long presentation from a team of chefs. Dress code is “Elegant” (jeans permitted). At the steakhouse can also be made reservations (bookings) for the “Chef’s Table” (private dinner package).
- Bonsai Sushi restaurant serves Japanese cuisine specialties and drinks (a la carte priced menu). The sushi bar is open for Dinner (between 5 pm – 12 midnight) and also for Lunch (12 noon – 2:30 pm /on seadays only). The menu has appetizers ($4 each /wagyu short ribs, salmon, tuna), soup/salads ($2 each /miso, mixed greens, noodle), sushi sashimi ($1,50 per piece /shrimp, tuna, salmon, amberjack), sushi rolls ($5 per roll /tuna, California-crab), sushi rolls ($7 per roll /fresh water eel, fried shrimp), bento box ($10 combo), sushi ship ($17 combo). The menu also offers Japanese drinks (Kirin beer, Nigori sake, Tyku Junmai Ginjo sake, Carafe sake /served hot), wine by the glass and desserts ($2 each /Yuzu Custard, Green Tea Cupcake). Complimentary sushi is offered in the evenings at the buffet restaurant.
- Limelight Lounge (the place for the “Punchliner Comedy Club”)
- Service boats (18 lifeboats, 2 tender boats, 16 life rafts, 5 marine evacuation rafts)
- Sunrise Restaurant (aft dining room upper level).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 5 Plan – Promenade
- Liquid Lounge (level 2)
- EA Sports Bar offers live sporting events and news (on multiple LED screens and TVs), drinks and snacks. Sports Bar’s menu has draft beers (16 oz, also Carnival’s ThirstyFrog Red 19 oz pint 560 ml, 60 oz pitcher 1,8 L, 101 oz tube 3 L, Souvenir Glass), domestic beers (16 oz / 470 ml), craft beers (12-16 oz / 350-470 ml), imported and non-alcoholic, beer bucket, cider, cocktails (martini, margarita, mojito), double shots (whiskey, rum, vodka, tequila, mixers), snacks (pretzel, peanuts).
- Sunshine Casino (slots, gaming tables, gambling tournaments, classes; Sunshine Casino Bar)
- The Fun Shops is named the ship’s duty-free shopping arcade of stores (open between 8 am – 12 midnight) selling Carnival Cruise Lines logo merchandise (ship models, fun wear-apparel), Special Occasions (gifts, souvenirs, packages), name-brand boutique merchandise (luxury jewelry-watches, designer bags-hats-shoes-fashion-accessories-sunglasses, perfumes-cosmetics-beauty products), also liquor-tobaccos and conveniences.
- Special Occasions shop sells Bon Voyage wines/champagnes/liquor, Carnival cruise packages, specialty items and gifts. The list of packages includes “Bottomless Bubbles” (unlimited soda package), CHEERS (unlimited drinks package/alcohol included), “Cruise the Vineyard” (3-bottle and 5-bottle wine packages /saving up to 25%), “Cruise Cash” cards (bar/photo credit accounts similar to the old paper coupons), beer (4-pack), juices (6-pack), soda (6-pack), bottled water (12-pack). The list of specialty items and gifts includes plush toys, fresh-baked cookies, occasion cakes, packed chocolates/snacks, fresh flowers, gift sets, fruit baskets, Stateroom Decorations (themed cabin decoration sets – Birthday, Anniversary, Honeymoon, Congrats, Bon Voyage), canapes/party trays (assorted pastries, sushi, fruit, cheese, vegetable, finger sandwiches, desserts-petit fours), “Towel Creations Book”. Dr Seuss brand merchandise is also available for purchasing – “The Cat in the Hat Book”, themed cabin decorations, toys, Seuss At Sea gifts and packages (waterbottle, lunchbox, backpack, splash pack, towel).
- Cherry on Top (open between 4 – 10:30 pm) is a Carnival signature shop selling bulk candies by the oz (mix and match, sugar-free, assortments), confections (lollipops, sweet apples, truffles, chocolate deep cheesecakes and pretzels, cupcakes, fudge, cookies /and sugar-free). Cherry on Top also sells ladies and kids apparel (bathrobes, hoodies, lounge pants, tank tops), balloons, flowers, Carnival Greeting Cards, shower/spa items. The shop also provides formalwear rentals available only for pre-cruise ordering (not on board).
- The Warehouse (video arcade /branded name) is open 24 hours for both kids and adults. The Arcade is supervised by dedicated staff and has foosball (air hockey) tables, a photo kiosk, popular merchandising games (incl skeeball) and arcade machines. All 26 machines are coinless (payable via S&S cards only). Playing costs between $0,75 – $2 (most are $1 per game). The daily arcade play limit ($75 pp) can be adjusted by parents/guardians upon request. Among the available for playing games are Redemption Games (E-ticket rewards are loaded to the S&S card and at any time can be redeemed for prizes /self-serve prize hub in the arcade), Self-Merchandisers (games of skill /electronic prizes at the machine), latest arcades (car-racing, dance, bike simulators, first-person shooters).
- FunHub (36 stations, Internet computers room, open 24 hour; free Intranet- information on menus, onboard programs, scheduled events)
- Shake Spot is a specialty bar selling floats ($4), spiked floats ($8), milkshakes ($4) and spiked milkshakes ($8). The menu offers floats (based on Barq’s root beer, coca-cola, ice cream, soda), spiked floats (based on Absolut-Skyy vodkas, Barq’s root beer, Bacardi-Goslings-Malibu rums, Guinness beer, chocolate liqueur), milkshakes (based on ice cream, chocolate syrup/sprinkles, caramel syrup, pineapple juice, coffee) and spiked milkshakes (based on Malibu rum, Skyy vodka, Makers Mark bourbon, Chambord). Shake Spot cards allow passengers to purchase 6 shakes (throughout the voyage) receiving the 7th for free. The card is personal and usable only during the current cruise.
- JavaBlue Cafe (open between 7 – 10 am, and between 4 pm – 12:30 midnight) is a specialty patisserie/coffee bar. The a la carte priced menu includes coffees ($3 – cappuccino, latte, mochachino), espresso ($2), Javablue Drip ($1), chi tea latte ($3), hot chocolate ($2), spiked coffees ($6 – Caribbean, Mexican, Irish, Chocolate Lovers), iced coffees ($3,50), milkshakes ($4), specialty teas, bottled water, Perrier, San Pellegrino (1 L). JavaBlue Cafe menu also has desserts – Blue Velvet Cake ($2), cheesecakes ($2), cookies ($1 each), chocolate-covered strawberries ($0,75 each), flavored syrups /$0,50), ice cream scoops.
- Fat Jimmy’s C-Side BBQ (complimentary lunch barbecue, pork sandwiches)
- Ocean Plaza Lounge (aft location entertainment area with live music, trivia, art auctions, seminars, stage for live performances)
- The Taste Bar (open 5:30-8pm)
- RedFrog Pub is a Caribbean-themed brewery with 2 copper-topped glass kettles (for ales and lagers). RedFrog Pub’s menu has a selection of international, domestic and Caribbean beers (Banks, Carib, Corona, Corona Light, Dos Equis, Kalik, Presidente, Red Stripe), Caribbean rums, cocktails (mojitos, rum, frozens), also craft beers (microbrews) and local draft beers (itinerary based). Here is also served ThirstyFrog Red (aka RedFrog beer) – the Carnival’s exclusive, private-label draft beer. Beers are served/priced in pints (16 oz / 470 ml), pitchers (60 oz / 1,8 L) and tubes (101 oz / 3 L). Entertainment options include foosball table, shuffleboard table, jukebox, darts, puzzles, live music performances nightly (acoustic guitar and vocals). ThirstyFrog Red is the Carnival Cruise Line’s private label draught beer. It is brewed on the ship and served on tap ice-cold, in ThirstyFrog Red pint glasses (20 oz / 590 ml, also available for purchasing as a Carnival logoed souvenir glass). The “RedFrog” beer costs $5,50 (pint 20 oz / 590 ml), $17 (pitcher 60 oz / 1,8 L) and $28 (tube 101 oz / 3 L). The list of available (cruise itinerary based) craft beers locally brewed in USA ship departure ports includes: Galveston Texas (Shiner Bock/Premium), NOLA New Orleans Louisiana (Abita Amber/Purple Haze), Tampa Florida (Cigar City Florida Cracker/Invasion Pale Ale), Alaska (Alaskan Amber/White), Maui Hawaii (Bikini Blonde Lager, Mana Wheat). In near future will be added more specialty beers supplied locally from breweries in California, Florida and New York.
- Alchemy Bar is a vintage-themed cocktail bar (“pharmacy”) where professional mixologists serve handcrafted cocktails and made-to-order drinks from unique ingredients.
- Promenade Deck cruise cabins from 5301 to 5347, of which Interior cabins 4D, Oceanview 6D, Aft Balcony rooms 8M, Ocean Suite OS.
Carnival Sunshine Deck 6 Plan – Upper
- Upper Deck cruise cabins from 6101 to 6379, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A, 4D, 4J and 4E), Balcony cabins (8A, 8B, 8M (larger balcony with aft view) and 9C – Premuim Balcony).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 7 Plan – Empress
- Empress Deck cruise cabins from 7101 to 7333. of which Inside cabins (categories – 4F, 4J and 4E), Balcony cabins (8C, 8B, 8M (larger balcony with aft view) and 9C – Premuim Balcony), Suites (GS – Grand Suite, OS – Ocean Suite).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 8 Plan – Verandah
- The fore-located Navigation Bridge and the adjacent Captain’s Suite and officers quarters are inaccessible for passengers.
- Verandah Deck cruise cabins from 8101 to 8339. of which Inside cabins (categories – 4Fand 4G), Balcony cabins (8C, 8D, 8N (larger balcony with aft view) and 9B, 9C – Premuim Balcony).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 9 Plan – Lido / Pool
- Beach Pool area (with 2 Whirlpools)
- RedFrog Rum Bar is an outdoor poolside bar with best Caribbean rums, bottled Caribbean beers (Presidente, Kalik, Red Stripe, Corona, Corona Light, Dos Equis), draft beers (ThirstyFrog Red brew, Presidente brew), Red’s Beer Cocktail, frozens, cocktails, mojitos, margaritas, soft beverages. The bar also sells beer buckets and Carnival souvenir glasses. Draft beers are served/priced in pints (19 oz / 560 ml) and tubes (101 oz / 3 L).
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar is an outdoor poolside bar for Mexican drinks (brews, frozens, cocktails, margaritas). BlueIguana Bar’s menu has draft beers (Modelo Especial, Dos Equis), bottled beers (Sol, Tecate, Corona, Pacifico), Beer Cocktail, beer buckets, Mexican tequilas, non-alcoholic frozens, soft drinks. Draft beers are served/priced in pints (16 oz / 470 ml) and tubes (101 oz / 3 L). The bar also sells Carnival-logoed souvenir glasses. On seadays are staged drink-mixing competitions between both bars (RedFrog and BlueIguana).
- Guy’s Burger Joint is the Carnival’s signature burger bar by the US celebrity Guy Fieri (Food Network). The bar is complimentary and open for lunch and dinner (between 12 noon – 6 pm). The menu includes specialty burgers (Plain Jane, Straight Up, Pig Patty, Chilius Maximus, The Ringer), also made-to-order burgers, hand-cut fries, condiment bar. The ingredients include 80-20 beef patties, buttered buns, melted cheese, mushrooms, lettuce, onions, pickles, tomato, Donkey Sauce (mayo), crispy bacon patty, spicy onion rings, chili, BBQ sauce.
- BlueIguana Cantina is a complimentary poolside (self-serve) fast-food bar with Mexican cuisine. The Cantina is open for Breakfast (7:30 – 10:30 am) and lunch (12 noon – 2:30 pm) and offers fresh-made tacos, burritos (wrapped/topped-to-order), tortillas (wheat, jalapeno), chips, salsas, toppings. Breakfast burritos are with scrambled eggs, chicken sausage, ham, hash browns, tomato, cheese, iceberg lettuce, topping (pico de gallo, crema fresca, salsa /tomatillo, roasted tomato). Lunch tacos include pork, chicken, fish. Bluelguana Cantina has a separate condiments bar with salsas, hot sauces, lettuce, onion, cheese, lime, watermelon, jicama, black beans, corn, coriander, tomatillos, tomatoes.
- Lido Marketplace (complimentary, 826 seats) is the ship’s self-service buffet restaurant for open-seating Breakfast (7:30 am – 12 noon /made-to-order omelet station), Lunch (12 noon – 2:30 pm), Dinner (6 – 9:30 pm /Good Eats buffet) and for Late Night Snacks (11 pm – 1 am). Good Eats buffet menu is a Main Dining Room dinner alternative offering steaks, prime rib, grilled chicken, pastas, salads, desserts, daily Chef’s Special. Lido Marketplace consists of various take-away food stations and themed food bars. Among those are Carnival Deli (sandwiches, draught beer dispenser), Mongolian Wok (stir-fry, made-to-order Asian food /you choose the ingredients), The Captain’s Pasta Bar (choice of 3 pastas, 4 sauces, 12 toppings), Salad Bar (35 items), Pizza Pirate (24-hour Pizzeria), Chef’s Choice Bar (international cuisine /different menu each day), Hot and Cold Buffet (stir-fry, pastas, carving station), Grille (ham-cheese-veggie burgers, hot dogs, fries, chicken fritters/sandwiches, sauteed mushrooms/onions, sauerkraut, Chili con Carne, homemade tortillas-chips-salsa), Dessert Bar (incl sugar-free items). There are also (self-serve, complimentary, 24-hour) tea/coffee station and machines for soft ice cream and yogurt. Chocolate Extravaganza Buffet (complimentary) is on the last seaday (7-day and longer cruise itineraries) and offers chocolate smorgasborg, chocolate fountain, cakes (incl pear, orange, cheesecake, dry fruit, diet).
- Carnival Deli (complimentary, open between 11 am – 11 pm) offers hot/cold sandwiches and sides, and has a draft beer dispenser (for ThirstyFrog Red and Bud Light).
- Pizza Pirate (complimentary, 24-hour, self-serve Pizzeria) is equipped with a wood-fired oven and offers fresh-baked pizzas (Margherita, Pepperoni, Napolitana, Capricciosa, Calzone), pan pizza, Caesar salad, also made-to-order pies.
- Comfort Kitchen (complimentary, open between 12 noon – 9:30 pm) has a daily changing menu that includes sausages, turkey gumbo, spinach/mushroom fritters, chicken pie, shrimp pilaf, skillet panini, mushroom pudding fries, soup, mac-and-cheese egg rolls, chips, fried rice, roasted peppers, home fries.
- Cucina del Capitano (117 seats) is an Italian Trattoria restaurant open for lunch (complimentary) and dinner (surcharge/a la carte). For Lunch the restaurant operates as complimentary waiter-served Pasta Bar. Lunch menu includes made-to-order pastas (Linquini, Penne, Farfalle), sauces (Red Clam, Pomodoro, Bolognese, Alfredo), toppings (grilled chicken, Italian sausage, garlic shrimp, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, arugula), also meat lasagna, Caesar salad, bread. For Dinner the restaurant is reservations-only, at surcharge ($15 for adults, $5 for kids 11 and under) and with a la carte menu. Dinner menu includes antipasti, arancini, parmigiana, calamari, meatballs, salads (Caprese, Caesar, Di Rucola), pastas, lasagna, spaghetti, grilled salmon, sides, red/white wines (by the glass and bottle), Italian beers (Peroni, Moretti), cocktails, specialty waters, desserts (tiramisu cake, cannoli, apple tart), specialty coffees, after dinner liqueurs. The kids menu for dinner offers meatball spaghetti, fried chicken tenders, fish fingers, mac-n-cheese, cannoli. The specialty dining experience includes waiters dancing and singing Italian favorites.
- Ji Ji Asian Kitchen restaurant is complimentary for lunch (stir-fry favorites) and at surcharge for dinner ($15 adults, %5 kids 11 and under /reservations recommended). The menu includes Asian cuisine dishes (from China, Mongolia, Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines) among which appetizers and soups (pork belly, Nanjing-style duck, chicken rolls), entrees (peppered beef, short rib, Kung Pao Chicken, shrimp, stewed pork), sides (noodles, steamed/fried rice, broccoli, potato fries, eggplant), desserts (creme brulee, caramelized crepes, fried wontons) and beverages (soda and alcohol drinks at bar prices /incl Kirin beer).
- Havana Bar is an authentic Cuban cafe (cocktail/coffee bar) with live Latin music in the evenings. After midnight, the bar transforms into Latin disco club. Havana Bar serves daily breakfast and lunch (8 am – 5 pm /light Cuban fare- sandwiches, empanadas, flan, fresh-made pastries) and nightly handcrafted Cuban cocktails and snacks. Food (incl snacks) is complimentary, beverages cost extra. Drink menu includes Cuban coffee (Cafecito, Cortadito, Cafe con leche), Italiano coffee (Espresso, Cappuccino, Caffe Latte, Mochachino, fresh squeezed orange juice), cocktails (Mojito, Papa Double, Cuban Ice Tea, La Buena Vida, Jupina Amor, Daiquiri Clasico, Cuba Libre Doble Especial), international beers, soft drinks (Cuban sodas – Jupina, Coco Solo, Quinabeer, Cawy Watermelon, Materva Verba Mate), zero-proof bebidas (non-alcoholic beverages – Ponche Havana, Virgin Daiquiri), milkshakes.
- Lido Deck cruise cabins from 9107 to 9221, of which Inside cabins (category 4G), Oceanview (6J – Scenic Ocean View, 6K – Scenic Grand Ocean View), Balcony cabins (8D and 8E), Suites (CS – Captain Suite).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 10 Plan – Spa / waterslides
- The fore-located Cloud 9 Spa and Fitness Center (open between 6 am – 11 pm) is the ship’s wellness complex. It consists of Gymnasium (complimentary, floor-ceiling windows, equipped with free weights /TROY dumbbells, weight machines, treadmills, steppers, ellipticals, recumbent exercise cycles, Concept 2/indoor rowing machines, Kinesis wall), Fitness Studio (for classes), Fitness Desk (assistance), Beauty Salon (facials, manicure/pedicure, hair styling-cutting-coloring, eye brow shaping, makeup, waxing, grooming-barbering, teeth whitening, Medi-Spa), 15 Treatment Rooms (incl for acupuncture, hot stone, Botox, body wraps), VIP and VIP Couples (massage rooms / private suites with whirlpools), Thalassotherapy pool (mineral rich seawater, temperature 33 C / 91 F, hydrotherapy jets, covered by a glass roof), Spa Reception, separate male/female lockers (2 changing rooms, each with complimentary sauna/steam room/showers). The lockers’ showers are glass-enclosed and multi-jet. Shower heads are massaging (1 rain head above, 4 side). The Thermal Suite consists of 4 heat therapy chambers – Tepidarium (relaxation room with heated loungers /ergonomically shaped, 38 C / 100 F), Laconium (dry heat bath, 55-65 C / 131-149 F), Aroma Steam Bath (aromatic steam grotto, 40-50 C / 104-112 F), Oriental Steam Bath (aka Caldarium, high humidity heat, 40-50 C / 104-112 F). ZSPA (teen spa treatments for teenager 12-17 yo) include facials, massages, scrubs, manicures/pedicures, hair styling-coloring-cutting. To utilize the Cloud 9 Spa facilities (treatment rooms, Thalassotherapy Pool, Thermal Suite) passengers must be at least 18 yo. They should wear bathing suits during massages and wraps. Teenagers (12-17 yo) are allowed to use the wellness facilities (fitness/spa) only when accompanied by an adult. Daily, at the Ocean Plaza Lounge (aft on Promenaded Deck) are scheduled complimentary health seminars (fitness-wellness-beauty) themed on aging, posture, detox, dieting, weight-loss, skin care, pro-collagen, acne attack /teens).
- Some fitness classes are complimentary (aerobics, stretching, abs, body conditioning, Tai Chi) and some are at fee pp (Yoga, Pilates, spinning, boot camp, indoor cycling, personal training sessions). Follows the list of offered on Carnival cruises fitness classes (lead by professional trainers). In brackets are shown duration in minutes and cost (prices in USD pp) – Personal Training (60 min $85 / 3 courses $210), Nutritional Consultation (60 min $85), Metabolism Test (30 min $35), Boot Camp (4-day body sculpturing $120). Priced at $12 pp are Tour de Cycle (indoor cycling, 45 min), Pathway to Yoga (45 min) and Pathway to Pilates (45 min).
- Thermal Suite facilities offer unlimited access to passengers booked in Carnival Sunshine Spa rooms. Depending on itinerary length, full-cruise Thermal Suite passes are priced as follows – 5-day ($119 pp), 6-day ($139 pp), 7-day ($169 pp), 8-day ($189 pp). Currently, day-passes (priced $40 pp) are not available.
- Carnival Cloud 9 Spa menu of treatments (facials and massages) includes (duration in minutes, prices in USD pp) – Elemis Aroma Stone Therapy (50 min $150, 75 min $195), Thai Herbal Poultice Massage (rhythmic, acupressure movements, 75 min $195), Bamboo Massage (50 min $160, 75 min $200), Elemis Absolute Spa Ritual (100 min $265), Elemis Face and Body Sensation (50 min $160), Couples Massage (full body Swedish or Elemis, 50 min $270), Reflexology Massage (feet, 50 min $120), Elemis Deep Tissue Muscle Massage (50 min $130), Swedish Massage (50 min $120), Villa Massage and Bathing Ritual (Villa / VIP Suites, 75 min $330), Ionithermie Cellulite Reduction (a course of 3 treatments during the cruise, 50 min each / $160), Bliss fatgirlslim (dry brushing, seaweed mask, heated wrap, 75 min $150), Elemis Body Sculpting Cellulite and Colon Therapy (50 min $125), Elemis Exotic Lime and Ginger Salt Glow (half body 50 min $155, full body 75 min $200), Elemis Aroma Spa Seaweed Massage (heated mask, half body 75 min $195, full body 100 min $260), Tooth Whitening (free consultation, 30 min), Elemis Pro-Collagen Grooming Treatment with Shave (facial, massage, double close shave /55 min), Elemis Express Shave (30 min), Elemis Deep Cleanse Grooming Treatment with Shave (massage, cleansing mask /45 min), Elemis Skin IQ for Men Facial (50 min), Elemis Urban Cleanse for Men Facial (50 min).
- Carnival Cloud 9 Spa menu of Medi-Spa treatments includes – Acupuncture (by certified acupuncturist, first session 50 min $150, additional sessions up to 45 min $125, first facial session 75 min, additional facial sessions up to 60 min), Medi-Spa Cosmetic Treatments (free doctor consultation), Dermal Filler Treatments (Restylane, Perlane /30 min), BOTOX Cosmetic, DYSPORT Wrinkle Treatments (both are upper face, nonsurgical and FDA approved /30 min). All Medi-Spa treatments are administered on the ship by a dedicated physician (licensed medical doctor).
- Carnival Cloud 9 Spa menu of ZSPA treatments (for teenagers 12-17 yo) includes (duration in minutes / prices in USD pp) – Fabulously Fruity Facial (50 min / $100), Acne Attack Facial (50 min / $100), Heavenly Massage (aromatherapy oils, Swedish massage, 50 min / $90), Paradise Massage (mother and daughter, 25 min / $100, 50 min / $195), Chill Out Massage (father and son, 25 min / $100, 50 min / $195), Surfers Scrub (25 min / $65), Fitness Frenzy (3 boot camp classes, $55), Magical Manicure (25 min / $30), Sole Mate (45 min / $40). The list of Beauty Salon services for teens includes – boys (cut only 30 min $25), boys and girls (cut and color 120 min $120), girls (cut only 60 min $60), style only (30 min $45). ZSPA services are available between 8 am – 8 pm. Upon booking treatments, teens must be accompanied by an adult (parent/guardian) who completes and signs the ZSPA form.
- Seaside Theatre (huge LED screen outdoor cinema- movies, concerts, sport events, stage for live performances and games)
- Camp Ocean (formerly Camp Carnival) is the ship’s kids complex providing supervised by counselors age-appropriate activities and themed entertainment for 3 age groups – 2-5 yo (Penguins), 6-8 yo (Stingrays), 9-11 yo (Sharks). Each group has its own room and dedicated staff. Operational hours (may vary due to Carnival cruise itineraries) are – seadays (10 am – 1 pm, 2 – 5 pm, 7 – 10 pm) and portdays (port arrival time until 2 pm, and 2-10 pm). Youth staff is international, professional, CPR-certified. Staffing depends on the ship’s current cruise itinerary and season. All children must constantly wear their muster station wristbands (available here or at Guest Services). In cases of emergency, parents must collect their kid’s lifejacket from their cabin (when pick up their own). Camp Ocean provides supervised dinners for kids every evening (between 6 – 6:45 pm – time may vary due to itinerary) excepting the first evening. Kids-only dinners (chaperoned) take place in the Lido buffet restaurant. Among the menu choices are mac and cheese, pizza, burgers, hot-dogs, fries, fish sticks, chicken nuggets, spaghetti and meatballs, vegetables, fruits, Jell-O. Carnival Cruise Lines Camp Ocean youth program is complimentary and offers over 200 marine-themed activities. The programming also includes family afternoons (when parents can play with their kids) and a family day with group activities, like face painting and family scavenger hunts (parents and kids receive cameras and search for things hidden in various places throughout the ship). For Carnival Camp Ocean participants only (kids under 5 and kids with special needs/allergies) are provided complimentary beepers, cell phones and phone chargers. At fee can be rented baby strollers (single and double) – 5-day+ itineraries ($30 full cruise) and 3-4-day itineraries ($8 per day).
- Creative Cove is a dedicated room for kids arts-crafts and workshops. The Beary Cuddly Workshop is a build-your-own-stuffed-animal activity where kids can make and take home a stuffed toy (teddy, bear, dog, lion, koala). This workshop is for-fee (prices start from $20 depending on selected outfits/accouterments). A portion of these sales goes to St Jude Children’s Research Hospital (Memphis TN).
- Camp Ocean PENGUINS (2-5 yo) arts-crafts, Penguin Palooza (costume making, parades), music/singalongs, aerobics, sculpturing, face painting, T-shirt decorating, bingo (candy prizes), story time (reading), Dr Seuss, Mr Potato Head, Playstation gaming, dance parties, indoor ball games, movie nights, “Owl Jams” themed parties (10pm-12 midnight /fees apply).
- Camp Ocean STINGRAYS (6-8 yo) PlayStation-Nintendo games, arts-crafts, Pirate Game Night, Memory Game, face painting, T-shirt decorating, sport contests, music time, bingo (prizes), Superheroes, “Fun Til’ One” themed parties (10pm-1am /fees apply).
- Camp Ocean SHARKS (9-11 yo) PlayStation-Nintendo games, music trivia, arts-crafts, T-shirt decorating, design your own cruise ship, scavenger hunts, origami, bingo (prizes), dance parties, outdoor sports competitions, Fun At Sea themed parties (10pm-1am /fees apply).
- Camp Ocean NIGHT OWLS (babysitting of kids 6 months to 11 yo) is available each evening between 10 pm – 1 am (no in-cabin babysitting). The service is at fee $6,75 per kid per hour (plus 15% gratuity, no discounts). Fees are paid via the S&S card (ship account /no cash) and due upon pick-up. Any kid left past 1 am is charged double and forfeits babysitting privileges for the remainder of the cruise. The service offers slumber party activities (movies, toys, board games, video games, arts-crafts) and includes room-service snacks. Babysitting of infants (babies under 2 yo) on portdays begins 15 min before first shore excursion/tour until 12 noon (or from 1 to 5 pm on port arrivals after 12 noon) and on seadays from 8 to 10 am. Kids don’t have to be potty-trained (parents provide diapers/toiletries).
- Carnival’s Camp Ocean themed programming on select nights offers additional parties (surcharged $13 per kid plus 15% gratuity). These are “Owl Jams” (2-11 yo, 10pm-12 midnight /challenges, hide and seek, music), “Fun Til One” (6-8 yo, 10pm-1am /video gaming, dancing, singing) and “Fun At Sea” (9-11 yo, 10pm-1am /video gaming, sports events, pizza). Snacks and beverages are included.
- Circle C is a children club lounge (for kids 12-14 yo). The experience (complimentary) includes dedicated lounge area (modern design, dance floor, high-tech sound and lighting system, gaming pods and consoles, plasma TV), dedicated director, specifically designed activities, such as video gaming, movies, themed parties, scavenger hunts, karaoke, Make Your Own Pizza, sport competitions (basketball, dodgeball, mini-golf), music and movie/cartoon trivia games, arts-crafts (origami, bead making, T-shirt decoration), late night hangouts with teens (lido deck), Twister Waterslide racing. Among the outside Circle C places for dedicated activities are the ship’s disco nightclub, theater, sports court, Waterworks park, pool deck (Pizzeria).
- Club O2 is a teens only club lounge (for teenagers 15-17 yo). The experience (complimentary) includes dedicated lounge area (smoking/alcohol free, no kids/adults 18+ yo are allowed), dedicated staff (director, hosts, entertainers DJs), exclusive programming (via partnership with Coca-Cola) and activities, such as meet-greets, karaoke and dance contests, movies and video games, sport games and competitions (basketball, dodgeball, mini-golf), stage shows, themed parties (teen disco, pizza, pool, gender wars), smoothie time, T-shirt decoration, teens only shore excursions (depending on cruise itinerary ports). Among the outside Club O2 places for teen activities are the theater, sports court, Waterworks park, pool deck (Pizzeria).
- Carnival WaterWorks is the ship’s aqua park (open between 10 am – 5 pm) consisting of 1 whirlpool, Splash Zone (fountains, water spray cannons, jets, splash pools), Power Drencher (300-gallon / 1135 litres tipping bucket that reverses poles to dump its huge amount of water at regular intervals), 2 mini racing slides for kids, Speedway Splash (235 ft / 72 m long dual racing slide with digital scoreboard showing racers times, special lighting effects), Twister Waterslide (spiraling tube, 334 ft / 102 m long). To ride the water-slides, passengers must be at least 107 cm / 42 inches tall (no weight restrictions). Minor passengers (kids under 13 yo) need parents’ permit. Eyeglasses must be affixed with head straps. Not permitted are – not toilet trained kids (also in diapers/swim diapers), multiple riders, flotation devices, swimwear with exposed metal parts (zippers, buckles, rivets, ornamentation), jewelry/accessories, the use of Splash Park areas without adult supervision.
- Spa Deck Cloud 9 Spa cabins from 10,101 to 10,145, of which Inside cabins (category 4S), Balcony cabins (8S), Spa Suites (SS).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 11 Plan – Sports
- Serenity is the ship’s adults-only retreat for passengers 21+ yo. This is a midship-location outdoor area spanning on 3 decks and featuring plunge pool (on level 1), 3-deck high cascading waterfall, cabanas, whirlpool and bar (both on deck 14 /level 3), exclusive sundecks for relaxation and sunbathing. The adult deck is complimentary (free entry) and accessible at any time. The Serenity pool, whirlpool (large-size outdoor hot tub) and the waiter-served Serenity Bar are available between 8 am – 10 pm. Hours may vary depending on cruise itinerary, portdays/seadays, weather. Serenity Deck areas are furnished with hammocks, premium wicker chaise lounges and clamshell chairs (plush seating, teal cushions). Excepting bar drinks, everything is free of charge (including the cabanas), Each level of the Serenity complex overlooks the Lido Deck’s main pool area and the Seaside Theatre (outdoor LED screen) over the lido pool.
- SportSquare (basketball course, Ropes Course, 9-hole Mini Golf Course, Tennis Tables)
- Power Walking/Jogging Track (7 laps = 1 ml)
- SeaDogs (aft location, complimentary beef hotdogs stand, toppings)
- Sports Deck Cloud 9 Spa cabins from 11,000 to 11,039 of which Inside cabins (category 4S ), Balcony cabins (category 8T).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 12 Plan – Sky / Serenity
- Serenity (adult retreat complex, mid level 2 /sunbathing area)
- Sky Deck Cloud 9 Spa cabins from 12,001 to 12,027, of which Inside cabins (category 4S), Balcony cabins (8T), Spa Suites (SS).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 14 Plan – Serenity
- Serenity (adult retreat complex, upper level 3) has 1 whirlpool (large-size outdoor hot tub) and the waiter-served Serenity Bar (both available between 8 am – 10 pm). Hours may vary depending on itinerary, portdays/seadays, weather. At regular bar prices, Serenity Bar’s menu offers drinks and refreshments (cocktails, beer/buckets, wine, frozens, smoothies, shakes, soda). Serenity Deck overlooks the ship’s Lido pool area and the Seaside Theatre (outdoor LED screen for movies and shows).
Carnival Sunshine current position
This is a VesselFinder tracker for Carnival Sunshine current position (location now) tracking IMO number 9070058. Its map shows where is Carnival Sunshine cruise ship today, along with next cruise port of call, ETA (estimated arrival time and date) and the Sunshine ship current cruising speed in knots.
You can share our Carnival Sunshine deck plans review via our social media buttons.