Carnival Sunshine deck plans review will show you the current position of Carnival Sunshine cruise ship, actual location of cabins and facilities by deck, along with information on Carnival Cruise Lines Sunshine ship rooms sizes, types and categories (codes). Via the next link, you can view or download Carnival Sunshine deck plans in PDF (printable version). To skip the lengthy cabins information section, just follow the next link to the Sunshine ship’s deck plan review.
Carnival Sunshine (built 1996 as “Carnival Destiny”, renamed “Sunshine” after a major refit and refurbishment in 2013) is in the list of newest Carnival cruise ships, along with Breeze (2012), Magic (2011) and Dream (2009). And this is the proper place to mention the future leader in this list – the super new cruise ship Carnival Vista (scheduled for delivery in 2016).
As passenger vessel class, the Sunshine ship is (Carnival Destiny was) the first of all three Carnival Cruise Lines Destiny-class ships – together with Triumph and Victory, and the Costa Cruises ships Fortuna and Magica. Now she belongs to the unique Sunshine-class. This is an outbound link to the official page at Carnival.com.
Carnival Sunshine cruise ship rooms
Carnival ship Sunshine has a total of 32 wheelchair accessible cabins (for disabled guests) and 89 Cloud 9 Spa cabins (of them 22 Inside, 70 Balcony and 3 Suite). The number of cabin categories is 34.
Connecting staterooms (“family cabins”) are located on decks 1, 2, 6, 9, 10 and 11. The list of connecting cabins grades includes: 2 beds (PT, 4E, 4G), 2-4 beds (6J, 8S), 2-3-4 beds (6A, 6B, 6C, 8T), 3-4 beds (6D), and 4 beds (4J).
Carnival Sunshine cabins plans
|Carnival Sunshine Rooms Categories, Size, Capacity, Location (deck names), Floor Plans|
(CS) Captain’s Suite layout
(GS) Grand Suites layouts
(SS) Cloud 9 Spa Suite and (OS) Ocean Suites layouts
(9B, 9C) Premium Balcony cabins layouts
(8S, 8T) Cloud 9 Spa Balcony, (8E, 8D, 8C, 8B, 8A) Standard Balcony, and (8N, 8M) Extended Balcony cabins layouts
(6K, 6J) Scenic Oceanview cabins layouts
(6A, 6B, 6C, 6D) Outside / Oceanview cabins layout
(4S) Spa Interior, and (PT, 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 4F, 4G, 4J) Inside / Interior cabins layouts
(1A) Small Interior / Single cabins layouts
|(SS-Suite, 8S-Balcony, 6S-Oceanview, 4S-Interior) Cloud 9 Spa cabins layouts|
Carnival Sunshine cabins review
Follows the review of Carnival Sunshine staterooms as amenities, furniture and complimentary services:
- Each of the two Captain’s Suites has master bedroom (2 twin beds convertible to king, Pullman bed), dressing area (vanity, large walk-in closet), large bathroom, separate living room (double sofa bed, coffee table, desk, 2 armchairs), separate bathroom (shower), fridge and mini-bar.
- Carnival Sunshine Suite accommodations (Grand, Cloud 9 Spa, and Ocean) have 2 twin beds (convertible to king), dressing area (walk-in closet, vanity table, chair), private bathroom (WC, shower/whirlpool bathtub, bidet, double sinks). Some GS-OS suites have single/double sofa bed for 3rd/4th person.
- All balcony accommodations feature a private balcony with sliding glass doors (table, patio chairs, rail with clear glass panel).
- All Carnival Sunshine Cloud 9 Spa cabins have exclusive access to the Spa facilities on Spa Deck 10. Their grades are: Spa Suite (SS), Spa Balcony (8S, 8T), and Spa Inside (4S). Carnival Cloud 9 Spa rooms have the following amenities (applicable for two guests per stateroom only): Spa reservations, Thermal Suite and Thalassotherapy Pool (complimentary, unlimited), 2 fitness classes (complimentary), bathrobes/slippers, deluxe bath amenities.
- Premium Vista Balcony cabins are located around the ship’s corners (category 9C-aft have a wrap-around balcony).
- Scenic Oceanview cabins location is on Lido Deck 9, and feature floor-ceiling windows, separate sitting area (vanity desk, coffee table), twin beds (convertible), sofa bed, upper Pullman bed.
- Ocean View cabins have a picture window and twin beds don’t convert to king when both upper beds are in use. Some ocean view staterooms have sofa and/or upper beds (Pullman) for 3rd/4th person.
- Inside cabins with windows have either Porthole Window (PT, on decks 1 and 2) or Picture Window (all the 4 grades /4J is obstructed view). Some Interior staterooms have sofa and/or upper bed (Pullman) for 3rd/4th person.
- Small Inside cabins have bunk beds (upper/lower Pullman beds), living area (vanity, chair), bathroom (shower).
- All Carnival Sunshine cabins as amenities have living area (vanity, seating), flat TV, direct-dial phone, safe, hairdryer, bathrobes, bathroom amenity basket (replenished upon request), Carnival Comfort Bed System (deluxe linens, duvet, cover, spring mattress, custom pillows /100% cotton), beach towels, mini-bar/fridge, individual air-conditioning, complimentary 24-hour room service.
- All cruise cabin and suite mini-bars are stocked with premium liquors ($6-9,25), beer ($6,25), energy drinks ($5), soft soda/beverages ($2), bottled water ($3,75).
- In-cabin babysitting is not available (read more at Camp Ocean below). Cribs in cruise cabins are provided complimentary (upon request). In Main Dining Rooms are provided complimentary high chairs and booster seats.
- Smoking in suites/cabins and on their balconies is prohibited. Cigarette smoking allowed areas on the ship are – dance club, jazz club lounge, casino (designated areas), casino bar. Smoking (incl of cigars and tobacco pipes) is allowed on designated outdoor deck areas starboard.
- Funville@Sea is a free of charge Intranet service providing information on onboard activities and events schedule, bar and restaurant menus, deck maps, Fun Times (newspaper), FunAshore (tour guides), Carnival cruise news, itinerary related weather reports, onboard social network (tracking/messaging other passengers). The complimentary service is available via the Infotainment system (in all cabins) and also at the FunHub stations around the ship.
- NEWS: Carnival Cruise Line is currently testing a new program allowing ship passengers to customize their steward service by choosing to have the cabin serviced in the morning, at night or both (twice a day). Additionally, all guests can choose from a list of additional cabin amenities, among which are bathrobes, extra pillows, blankets, closet hangers. All guests can also specify how often the bed linens to be changed during the cruise. Your personal preferences can be selected from a services menu card left in each of the ship’s staterooms. By default, if you make no selections on the card, your room service steward will service the accommodation twice daily.
You can see all the furniture details on Carnival Cruise Line Carnival Sunshine cabin plans in the above table. Next combo photo shows the ship’s Cloud 9 Spa cabins’ interiors.
Cruise Ship Room Service
In 2016, Carnival Cruise Lines rolled out fleetwide for-fee (chargeable) room service menu, which items can be ordered 24/7. The new menu still has free of charge items – hot and cold sandwiches, salads, desserts, beverages, Continental Breakfast selections. At extra cost (ranging between USD 1,50 and 6) are items that include shrimp, also sushi, pizza, quesadillas, cheesesteaks, chicken wings/tenders, fries. Bar drinks orders through room service are at regular bar menu prices (no extra fee added).
Complimentary room service menu
- Continental Breakfast (upon request)
- Sandwiches are served with potato salad, coleslaw, potato chips/pretzels, breads (white, whole wheat, rye, gluten free). The list of sandwiches includes Tuna Salad, Roast Turkey, Ham & Cheese, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato, Grilled Cheese, Grilled Reuben (corned beef, Swiss cheese).
- Salads – Garden, Caesar, Vegetable Platter (with dips)
- Desserts – cheesecake, cookies, chocolate cake
- Beverages – juices (tomato, orange, apple, grapefruit), tea (hot, iced), hot chocolate, milk, soft drinks (club soda, ginger ale, tonic water, coke and sprite /also diet)
- Beers – domestic (Budweiser, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, Samuel Adams), imported (Heineken, Corona, Stella Artois), also available are beer buckets and wines by the bottle.
For-fee room service menu
The following items are available for ordering 24 hours, but are at additional charge.
- Chicken Wings ($5) – choice of Honey BBQ, Teriyaki, Garlic Parmesan, Buffalo Sauce, Caribbean Jerk
- Chicken Tenders ($5) – choice of sauce (BBQ or Honey Mustard)
- Firecracker Shrimp ($6) – fried with chili ginger, served with fries
- Chicken Quesadilla ($5)
- Philly Cheesesteak ($5) – served with fries
- Pan Pizza ($5) – handmade and baked-to-order (Cheese, Pepperoni, Ham and Pineapple)
- French Fries ($1,50), Sweet Potato Fries ($2), Banana Split ($4).
Continental Breakfast room service menu
The following items are available for ordering free of charge.
- Cereals and Fruits – Banana, Melon, Frosted Flakes, Special K, Raisin Bran, Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes, Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Bakery – toasts (white, wheat, gluten free), danish pastries, muffins, croissants, bagels
- Yogurt – plain, strawberry, peach, raspberry
- Drinks – juices (orange, apple, tomato, grapefruit), hot tea, milk (also skim and chocolate), fresh coffee (regular and decaf)
- Half-and-half (milk-cream), butter, margarine, cream cheese, jelly (grape, diet, strawberry, guava), honey, orange marmalade.
Carnival Sunshine cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1503 staterooms for 3002 passengers (max capacity is 3758 guests), served by 1150 crew/staff.
The Sunshine ship has 14 passenger decks, 22 lounges and bars, 3 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof), 7 jacuzzies, 10 elevators.
Carnival Sunshine decks with passenger cabins have a total of 55 Suites, 508 Balconies, 342 Oceanviews, 586 Inside cabins, Self Service Laundromats (passenger use launderettes). Laundry facilities are extra-charge (US$3 wash, US$2,75 dry cleaning, US$1,5 detergent) and open between 6:30 am – 12 midnight.
The list of Carnival Sunshine deck plan changes (after Carnival Destiny ship refurbishment in 2013), with all new bars, lounges and dining options upgrades includes:
- “Ji Ji”/Asian, “Fat Jimmy’s”/barbecue, “Cucina del Capitano”, “Fahrenheit 555/steakhouse”, “JavaBlue Cafe”, “Shake Spot”, “Guy’s Burger”, “BlueIguana Cantina”/Mexican, “Seaday Brunch”, “The Comfort Kitchen”/Lido, “Havana Bar”/Lido, “Sunshine Bar”, “Alchemy Bar”, “RedFrog Pub”, “Cherry On Top”, “Punchliner”, “Hasbro”
- 3-deck “Serenity Retreat”
- “Carnival Cloud 9 Spa”
- renovated “SportSquare”
- “Waterworks”/AquaPark, “Camp Carnival” (new design)
- newly added passenger rooms – 182, of which 96 spa staterooms
- USD 155 million was the total cost of the 49-day drydock refit that made the old Carnival Destiny ship perfectly reborn into the new Sunshine.
You can watch here the official Carnival Cruise Lines Sunshine YouTube video tour about the new ship’s feature facilities and venues:
Carnival Sunshine Deck 1 Plan – Riviera
- Riviera Deck cruise cabins from 1401 to 1641, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A, 4A and 4B), Oceanview cabins (6A, 6B and PT – porthole).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 2 Plan – Main
- Art Gallery displays original works from renown art dealers, available for purchasing at discount prices (allegedly cheaper than at land galleries). Park West Gallery art auctions are complemented by sparkling wine and held daily (usually in early afternoon) at the Atrium’s Lobby.
- Main Deck cruise cabins from 2101 to 2353, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A, 4C and 4B), Oceanview cabins (6C, 6B and PT – porthole).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 3 Plan – Lobby
- Sunshine Atrium (9-decks high midship open floor area), with Lobby Bar, piano, dance floor)
- Guest Services (Reception/Purser Desk) provides 24-hour assistance, information, bookings/reservations, luggage and cashier services.
- Shore Excursions Desk provides information on Carnival cruise tours and excursions (sponsored by the line and offered for each port on the current itinerary), also planning and booking services.
- The galley (kitchen) is located in between both Main Dining Rooms (MDR) and also has the “Chef’s Table” (private dining room).
- Sunset Dining Room (forward location, 702 seats) and Sunrise Dining Room (aft location, 1114 seats, on 2 levels) are complimentary, waiter-served Main Dining Room restaurants for Breakfast, Brunch (seadays only), Lunch (seadays only) and Dinner. On portdays, Breakfast is served between 7:30 – 9:30 am (closed for lunch). Dining Room hours are subject to change due to itinerary/port of call arrival times or scheduled onboard activities. On seadays, one MDR serves “Punchliner Comedy Brunch” (breakfast and lunch /between 8:30 am – 1 pm) while the other MDR serves Breakfast (between 8 – 10 am) and Lunch (between 12 noon – 1:30 pm). Afternoon Tea service (between 3 – 4 pm /seadays only, complimentary) includes a selection of teas, mini sandwiches, sweets. Dinner (seadays/portdays) is with 2 fixed/pre-assigned seatings – Early (at 6 pm) and Late (at 8:15 pm), plus Anytime (“Your Time Dining” between 5:45 – 9:30 pm). Dr Seuss themed “Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast” (cover charge $5 pp, reservations recommended) is once per cruise (on a seaday /itinerary based) at 8:30 am and 9:30 am. The dining experience features Dr Seuss character visits, waiters in special uniforms, themed decoration, unique menu.
- The Punchliner Comedy Brunch menu is divided into 3 parts – Opening Act, Headliners, Punchline and Bloody Mary Bar. The dining experience includes 5-6-min stand-up comedy acts (family friendly, at each hour) performed by the evening’s comedians. The “opening act” (menu 1) has flamin’ tomatoes soup, bagel breakfast, fresh fruit platter (with cottage cheese or plain), Caesar salad, Eggs Benedict, custom-made omelettes, dos huevos, sides (sliced ham, cheddar grits, grilled tomato, smoked bacon, pork/chicken sausages, turkey bacon) and George’s recipes. Both recipes are special dishes created by the US comedian George Lopez- Huevos Rancheros (chicken quesadilla topped with fried eggs and cheese) and Breakfast Burrito (tortilla filled with scrambled eggs, beans, chorizo). The “headliners” (menu 2) has funny French toast, fat stack pancakes, carne y huevos (filet mignon), mac-and-cheese (fried chicken, steak or smoked bacon), pappardelle pasta, grilled salmon fillet, hen alla diavola (grilled chicken). The “punchline” (dessert menu 3) has ice cream, caramelized cheesecake, banana cream pie, Mexican churros (donuts). The “Bloody Mary Bar” (drinks menu) offers custom-made cocktails. While the food is complimentary, beverages are extra-charge (excluding coffee, milk, juices).
- At dinner, in both Main Dining Rooms Carnival offers the “American Table” menu. It changes each evening and includes contemporary American cuisine dishes (appetizers, entrees, desserts). On formal dinners (1-2 per sailing /itinerary based) Carnival offers the “American Feast” menu with gourmet appetizers, prime meats/seafood, vegetarian dishes, signature desserts. The formal dining experience features live big-band music, special table decoration (luxury linens, centerpiece), keepsake menus, Cruise Elegant dress code.
- Lobby Deck cruise cabins from 3101 to 3143, of which Inside cabins (categories – 4C and 4J – Interior Picture Window (obstructed view).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 4 Plan – Mezzanine
- Liquid Lounge & Theater (capacity 800 seats, live entertainment show venue, featuring “Hasbro, the Game Show”, board games, themed music shows; level 1)
- The Library Bar is a small lounge functioning as library/cocktail bar. Along with books and board games (Hasbro-branded, chess), the lounge has a large TV, comfortable armchairs, high chairs by the bar. It is served by a librarian (who doubles as bartender) and offers alcohol drinks by the glass (blended/single malt whiskeys, bourbons, cognacs, brandies, rums, cordials, liqueurs) and specialty cocktails. The library also has 2 wine vending machines (self-serve enomatic machines) for wine tasting. A choice of 8 different wines are dispensed in portions of 2-4-6 oz (60-120-180 ml).
- Piano 88 Bar (cocktail bar) offers themed music nights, grand piano for live performances by a resident pianist, singalongs, trivia quizzes. The bar is among the best places for pre-dinner drinks and singing.
- Pixels Photo Gallery & Shop (photo-video services, equipment, accessories)
- Dreams Photo Studio
- Farenheit 555 Steakhouse (69 seats, open between 6 – 9:30 pm) is a premium steakhouse-seafood restaurant at surcharge (reservations recommended). Cover charge fee of $35 pp (adults/kids) includes 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert and gratuity. Steakhouse’s menu has starters (escargots, grilled mushroom, tuna tartare, shrimp cocktail, crab cake, lobster bisque, onion soup), salads (Caesar, spinach/mushrooms, iceberg lettuce, beef steak tomato), sides (Baked Potatoes, Sauteed Mushrooms, Creamed Spinach, Steamed Broccoli), entrees (prime aged beef steaks – 14oz NY strip loin, 18oz rib and 18oz ribeye, 9oz filet mignon, lamb chops, chicken, Maine lobster, fish fillet from the market /itinerary based), desserts (cheesecake, caramelized apples, chocolate sampler, fresh fruits, selections of cheeses, sherbets and ice creams). The Steakhouse also serves beverages (bar prices apply) – fresh coffee/tea, dessert wines and after dinner drinks. The food is wheeled on a cart to your table for examination. A cooking demonstration offers an hour-long presentation from a team of chefs. Dress code is “Elegant” (jeans permitted). At the steakhouse can also be made reservations (bookings) for the “Chef’s Table” (private dinner package).
- Bonsai Sushi restaurant serves Japanese cuisine specialties and drinks (a la carte priced menu). The sushi bar is open for Dinner (between 5 pm – 12 midnight) and also for Lunch (12 noon – 2:30 pm /on seadays only). The menu has appetizers ($4 each /wagyu short ribs, salmon, tuna), soup/salads ($2 each /miso, mixed greens, noodle), sushi sashimi ($1,50 per piece /shrimp, tuna, salmon, amberjack), sushi rolls ($5 per roll /tuna, California-crab), sushi rolls ($7 per roll /fresh water eel, fried shrimp), bento box ($10 combo), sushi ship ($17 combo). The menu also offers Japanese drinks (Kirin beer, Nigori sake, Tyku Junmai Ginjo sake, Carafe sake /served hot), wine by the glass and desserts ($2 each /Yuzu Custard, Green Tea Cupcake). Complimentary sushi is offered in the evenings at the buffet restaurant.
- Limelight Lounge (the place for the “Punchliner Comedy Club”)
- Service boats (18 lifeboats, 2 tender boats, 16 life rafts, 5 marine evacuation rafts)
- Sunrise Restaurant (aft dining room upper level).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 5 Plan – Promenade
- Liquid Lounge (level 2)
- EA Sports Bar offers live sporting events and news (on multiple LED screens and TVs), drinks and snacks. Sports Bar’s menu has draft beers (16 oz, also Carnival’s ThirstyFrog Red 19 oz pint 560 ml, 60 oz pitcher 1,8 L, 101 oz tube 3 L, Souvenir Glass), domestic beers (16 oz / 470 ml), craft beers (12-16 oz / 350-470 ml), imported and non-alcoholic, beer bucket, cider, cocktails (martini, margarita, mojito), double shots (whiskey, rum, vodka, tequila, mixers), snacks (pretzel, peanuts).
- Sunshine Casino (slots, gaming tables, gambling tournaments, classes; Sunshine Casino Bar)
- The Fun Shops is the ship’s duty-free shopping arcade of stores (open between 8 am – 12 midnight) selling Carnival Cruise Lines logo merchandise (ship models, fun wear-apparel), Special Occasions (gifts, souvenirs), boutique merchandise (luxury jewelry-watches, designer bags-hats-shoes-fashion-accessories-sunglasses, perfumes-cosmetics-beauty products), conveniences. Carnival Fun Shops also sell liquor-tobaccos, wines/champagnes, “Bottomless Bubbles” (unlimited soda package), CHEERS (unlimited drinks package/alcohol included), “Cruise the Vineyard” (3-bottle and 5-bottle wine packages /saving up to 25%), “Cruise Cash” cards (bar/photo credit accounts similar to the old paper coupons), beer (4-pack), juices (6-pack), soda (6-pack), bottled water (12-pack).
- Cherry on Top (open between 4 – 10:30 pm) is a signature shop selling over 80 bulk candies (by the 1/4 pound / 110 gr), sweets, specialty items and gifts. he list includes plush toys, fresh-baked cookies, packed chocolates/snacks, fresh flowers, gift sets/baskets, Stateroom Decorations (themed cabin decoration sets – Birthday, Anniversary, Honeymoon, Congrats, Bon Voyage), canapes/party trays (assorted pastries, sushi, fruit, cheese, vegetable, finger sandwiches, desserts-petit fours), “Towel Creations Book”. Dr Seuss brand merchandise is also available for purchasing – “The Cat in the Hat Book”, themed cabin decorations, toys, Seuss At Sea gifts and packages (waterbottle, lunchbox, backpack, splash pack, towel). The shop also provides formalwear rentals available only for pre-cruise ordering (not on board).
- The Warehouse Video Games Arcade
- FunHub (36 stations, Internet computers room, open 24 hour; free Intranet- information on menus, onboard programs, scheduled events)
- Shake Spot is a specialty bar selling floats ($4), spiked floats ($8), milkshakes ($4) and spiked milkshakes ($8). The menu offers floats (based on Barq’s root beer, coca-cola, ice cream, soda), spiked floats (based on Absolut-Skyy vodkas, Barq’s root beer, Bacardi-Goslings-Malibu rums, Guinness beer, chocolate liqueur), milkshakes (based on ice cream, chocolate syrup/sprinkles, caramel syrup, pineapple juice, coffee) and spiked milkshakes (based on Malibu rum, Skyy vodka, Makers Mark bourbon, Chambord). Shake Spot cards allow passengers to purchase 6 shakes (throughout the voyage) receiving the 7th for free. The card is personal and usable only during the current cruise.
- JavaBlue Cafe (open between 7 – 10 am, and between 4 pm – 12:30 midnight) is a specialty patisserie/coffee bar. The a la carte priced menu includes coffees ($3 – cappuccino, latte, mochachino), espresso ($2), Javablue Drip ($1), chi tea latte ($3), hot chocolate ($2), spiked coffees ($6 – Caribbean, Mexican, Irish, Chocolate Lovers), iced coffees ($3,50), milkshakes ($4), specialty teas, bottled water, Perrier, San Pellegrino (1 L). JavaBlue Cafe menu also has desserts – Blue Velvet Cake ($2), cheesecakes ($2), cookies ($1 each), chocolate-covered strawberries ($0,75 each), flavored syrups /$0,50), ice cream scoops.
- Fat Jimmy’s C-Side BBQ (complimentary lunch barbecue, pork sandwiches)
- Ocean Plaza (aft location entertainment area with live music, trivia, stage for live performances)
- The Taste Bar (open 5:30-8pm)
- RedFrog Pub is a Caribbean-themed brewery with 2 copper-topped glass kettles (for ales and lagers). RedFrog Pub’s menu has a selection of international, domestic and Caribbean beers (Banks, Carib, Corona, Corona Light, Dos Equis, Kalik, Presidente, Red Stripe), Caribbean rums, cocktails (mojitos, rum, frozens), also craft beers (microbrews) and local draft beers (itinerary based). Here is also served ThirstyFrog Red (aka RedFrog beer) – the Carnival’s exclusive, private-label draft beer. Beers are served/priced in pints (16 oz / 470 ml), pitchers (60 oz / 1,8 L) and tubes (101 oz / 3 L). Entertainment options include foosball table, shuffleboard table, jukebox, darts, puzzles, live music performances nightly (acoustic guitar and vocals). ThirstyFrog Red is the Carnival Cruise Line’s private label draught beer. It is brewed on the ship and served on tap ice-cold, in ThirstyFrog Red pint glasses (20 oz / 590 ml, also available for purchasing as a Carnival logoed souvenir glass). The “RedFrog” beer costs $5,50 (pint 20 oz / 590 ml), $17 (pitcher 60 oz / 1,8 L) and $28 (tube 101 oz / 3 L). The list of available (cruise itinerary based) craft beers locally brewed in USA ship departure ports includes: Galveston Texas (Shiner Bock/Premium), NOLA New Orleans Louisiana (Abita Amber/Purple Haze), Tampa Florida (Cigar City Florida Cracker/Invasion Pale Ale), Alaska (Alaskan Amber/White), Maui Hawaii (Bikini Blonde Lager, Mana Wheat). In near future will be added more specialty beers supplied locally from breweries in California, Florida and New York.
- Alchemy Bar is a vintage-themed cocktail bar (“pharmacy”) where professional mixologists serve handcrafted cocktails and made-to-order drinks from unique ingredients.
- Promenade Deck cruise cabins from 5301 to 5347, of which Interior cabins 4D, Oceanview 6D, Aft Balcony rooms 8M, Ocean Suite OS.
Carnival Sunshine Deck 6 Plan – Upper
- Upper Deck cruise cabins from 6101 to 6379, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A, 4D, 4J and 4E), Balcony cabins (8A, 8B, 8M (larger balcony with aft view) and 9C – Premuim Balcony).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 7 Plan – Empress
- Empress Deck cruise cabins from 7101 to 7333. of which Inside cabins (categories – 4F, 4J and 4E), Balcony cabins (8C, 8B, 8M (larger balcony with aft view) and 9C – Premuim Balcony), Suites (GS – Grand Suite, OS – Ocean Suite).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 8 Plan – Verandah
- The fore-located Navigation Bridge and the adjacent Captain’s Suite and officers quarters are inaccessible for passengers.
- Verandah Deck cruise cabins from 8101 to 8339. of which Inside cabins (categories – 4Fand 4G), Balcony cabins (8C, 8D, 8N (larger balcony with aft view) and 9B, 9C – Premuim Balcony).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 9 Plan – Lido/Pool
- Beach Pool area (with 2 Whirlpools)
- RedFrog Rum Bar is an outdoor poolside bar with best Caribbean rums, bottled Caribbean beers (Presidente, Kalik, Red Stripe, Corona, Corona Light, Dos Equis), draft beers (ThirstyFrog Red brew, Presidente brew), Red’s Beer Cocktail, frozens, cocktails, mojitos, margaritas, soft beverages. The bar also sells beer buckets and Carnival souvenir glasses. Draft beers are served/priced in pints (19 oz / 560 ml) and tubes (101 oz / 3 L).
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar is an outdoor poolside bar for Mexican drinks (brews, frozens, cocktails, margaritas). BlueIguana Bar’s menu has draft beers (Modelo Especial, Dos Equis), bottled beers (Sol, Tecate, Corona, Pacifico), Beer Cocktail, beer buckets, Mexican tequilas, non-alcoholic frozens, soft drinks. Draft beers are served/priced in pints (16 oz / 470 ml) and tubes (101 oz / 3 L). The bar also sells Carnival-logoed souvenir glasses. On seadays are staged drink-mixing competitions between both bars (RedFrog and BlueIguana).
- Guy’s Burger Joint is the Carnival’s signature burger bar by the US celebrity Guy Fieri (Food Network). The bar is complimentary and open for lunch and dinner (between 12 noon – 6 pm). The menu includes specialty burgers (Plain Jane, Straight Up, Pig Patty, Chilius Maximus, The Ringer), also made-to-order burgers, hand-cut fries, condiment bar. The ingredients include 80-20 beef patties, buttered buns, melted cheese, mushrooms, lettuce, onions, pickles, tomato, Donkey Sauce (mayo), crispy bacon patty, spicy onion rings, chili, BBQ sauce.
- BlueIguana Cantina is a complimentary poolside (self-serve) fast-food bar with Mexican cuisine. The Cantina is open for Breakfast (7:30 – 10:30 am) and lunch (12 noon – 2:30 pm) and offers fresh-made tacos, burritos (wrapped/topped-to-order), tortillas (wheat, jalapeno), chips, salsas, toppings. Breakfast burritos are with scrambled eggs, chicken sausage, ham, hash browns, tomato, cheese, iceberg lettuce, topping (pico de gallo, crema fresca, salsa /tomatillo, roasted tomato). Lunch tacos include pork, chicken, fish. Bluelguana Cantina has a separate condiments bar with salsas, hot sauces, lettuce, onion, cheese, lime, watermelon, jicama, black beans, corn, coriander, tomatillos, tomatoes.
- Lido Marketplace (complimentary, 826 seats) is the ship’s self-service buffet restaurant for open-seating Breakfast (7:30 am – 12 noon /made-to-order omelet station), Lunch (12 noon – 2:30 pm), Dinner (6 – 9:30 pm /Good Eats buffet) and for Late Night Snacks (11 pm – 1 am). Good Eats buffet menu is a Main Dining Room dinner alternative offering steaks, prime rib, grilled chicken, pastas, salads, desserts, daily Chef’s Special. Lido Marketplace consists of various take-away food stations and themed food bars. Among those are Carnival Deli (sandwiches, draught beer dispenser), Mongolian Wok (stir-fry, made-to-order Asian food /you choose the ingredients), The Captain’s Pasta Bar (choice of 3 pastas, 4 sauces, 12 toppings), Salad Bar (35 items), Pizza Pirate (24-hour Pizzeria), Chef’s Choice Bar (international cuisine /different menu each day), Hot and Cold Buffet (stir-fry, pastas, carving station), Grille (ham-cheese-veggie burgers, hot dogs, fries, chicken fritters/sandwiches, sauteed mushrooms/onions, sauerkraut, Chili con Carne, homemade tortillas-chips-salsa), Dessert Bar (incl sugar-free items). There are also (self-serve, complimentary, 24-hour) tea/coffee station and machines for soft ice cream and yogurt. Chocolate Extravaganza Buffet (complimentary) is on the last seaday (7-day and longer cruise itineraries) and offers chocolate smorgasborg, chocolate fountain, cakes (incl pear, orange, cheesecake, dry fruit, diet).
- Carnival Deli (complimentary, open between 11 am – 11 pm) offers hot/cold sandwiches and sides, and has a draft beer dispenser (for ThirstyFrog Red and Bud Light).
- Pizza Pirate (complimentary, 24-hour, self-serve Pizzeria) is equipped with a wood-fired oven and offers fresh-baked pizzas (Margherita, Pepperoni, Napolitana, Capricciosa, Calzone), pan pizza, Caesar salad, also made-to-order pies.
- Comfort Kitchen (complimentary, open between 12 noon – 9:30 pm) has a daily changing menu that includes sausages, turkey gumbo, spinach/mushroom fritters, chicken pie, shrimp pilaf, skillet panini, mushroom pudding fries, soup, mac-and-cheese egg rolls, chips, fried rice, roasted peppers, home fries.
- Cucina del Capitano (117 seats) is an Italian Trattoria restaurant open for lunch (complimentary) and dinner (surcharge/a la carte). For Lunch the restaurant operates as complimentary waiter-served Pasta Bar. Lunch menu includes made-to-order pastas (Linquini, Penne, Farfalle), sauces (Red Clam, Pomodoro, Bolognese, Alfredo), toppings (grilled chicken, Italian sausage, garlic shrimp, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, spinach, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, arugula), also meat lasagna, Caesar salad, bread. For Dinner the restaurant is reservations-only, at surcharge ($15 for adults, $5 for kids 11 and under) and with a la carte menu. Dinner menu includes antipasti, arancini, parmigiana, calamari, meatballs, salads (Caprese, Caesar, Di Rucola), pastas, lasagna, spaghetti, grilled salmon, sides, red/white wines (by the glass and bottle), Italian beers (Peroni, Moretti), cocktails, specialty waters, desserts (tiramisu cake, cannoli, apple tart), specialty coffees, after dinner liqueurs. The kids menu for dinner offers meatball spaghetti, fried chicken tenders, fish fingers, mac-n-cheese, cannoli. The specialty dining experience includes waiters dancing and singing Italian favorites.
- Ji Ji Asian Kitchen restaurant is complimentary for lunch (stir-fry favorites) and at surcharge for dinner ($15 adults, %5 kids 11 and under /reservations recommended). The menu includes Asian cuisine dishes (from China, Mongolia, Singapore, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines) among which appetizers and soups (pork belly, Nanjing-style duck, chicken rolls), entrees (peppered beef, short rib, Kung Pao Chicken, shrimp, stewed pork), sides (noodles, steamed/fried rice, broccoli, potato fries, eggplant), desserts (creme brulee, caramelized crepes, fried wontons) and beverages (soda and alcohol drinks at bar prices /incl Kirin beer).
- Havana Bar is an authentic Cuban cafe (cocktail/coffee bar) with live Latin music in the evenings. After midnight, the bar transforms into Latin disco club. Havana Bar serves daily breakfast and lunch (8 am – 5 pm /light Cuban fare- sandwiches, empanadas, flan, fresh-made pastries) and nightly handcrafted Cuban cocktails and snacks. Food (incl snacks) is complimentary, beverages cost extra. Drink menu includes Cuban coffee (Cafecito, Cortadito, Cafe con leche), Italiano coffee (Espresso, Cappuccino, Caffe Latte, Mochachino, fresh squeezed orange juice), cocktails (Mojito, Papa Double, Cuban Ice Tea, La Buena Vida, Jupina Amor, Daiquiri Clasico, Cuba Libre Doble Especial), international beers, soft drinks (Cuban sodas – Jupina, Coco Solo, Quinabeer, Cawy Watermelon, Materva Verba Mate), zero-proof bebidas (non-alcoholic beverages – Ponche Havana, Virgin Daiquiri), milkshakes.
- Lido Deck cruise cabins from 9107 to 9221, of which Inside cabins (category 4G), Oceanview (6J – Scenic Ocean View, 6K – Scenic Grand Ocean View), Balcony cabins (8D and 8E), Suites (CS – Captain Suite).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 10 Plan – Spa/WaterWorks
- Cloud 9 Spa & Fitness complex (Gym, Fitness Studio/classes, Sauna, Thermal Suites, Steam Room, Beauty Salon; with the ZSpa teenagers program, also with 15 Treatment Rooms, of which 2 for couples; open 8am-11pm)
- Seaside Theatre (huge LED screen outdoor cinema- movies, concerts, sport events, stage for live performances and games)
- Camp Ocean (formerly Camp Carnival) is the ship’s kids complex providing supervised, age-appropriate themed activities and entertainment for 3 age groups – 2-5 yo (Penguins), 6-8 yo (Stingrays), 9-11 yo (Sharks). Each group has its own room and dedicated staff. Operational hours (may vary due to Carnival cruise itineraries) are – seadays (10 am – 1 pm, 2 – 5 pm, 7 – 10 pm) and portdays (port arrival time until 2 pm, and 2-10 pm). Youth staff is international, professional, CPR-certified. Staffing depends on the ship’s passenger capacity, cruise itinerary and season. All children must constantly wear their muster station wristbands (available here or at Guest Services). In cases of emergency, parents must collect their kid’s lifejacket from their cabin (when pick up their own). Camp Ocean provides supervised dinners for kids every evening (between 6 – 6:45 pm – due to itinerary time may vary) excepting the first evening. Kids-only dinners take place in the Lido buffet restaurant. Among the menu choices are mac and cheese, pizza, burgers, hot-dogs, fries, fish sticks, chicken nuggets, spaghetti and meatballs, vegetables, fruits, Jell-O. Carnival Cruise Lines Camp Ocean youth program is complimentary and offers over 200 marine-themed.
- Camp Ocean PENGUINS (2-5 yo) arts-crafts, Penguin Palooza (costume making, parades), music/singalongs, aerobics, sculpturing, face painting, T-shirt decorating, bingo (candy prizes), story time (reading), Dr Seuss, Mr Potato Head, Playstation gaming, dance parties, indoor ball games, movie nights.
- Camp Ocean STINGRAYS (6-8 yo) PlayStation-Nintendo games, arts-crafts, Pirate Game Night, Memory Game, face painting, T-shirt decorating, sport contests, music time, bingo (prizes), Superheroes, “‘Fun Til’ One” themed party (challenges, hide and seek, dancing).
- Camp Ocean SHARKS (9-11 yo) PlayStation-Nintendo games, music trivia, arts-crafts, T-shirt decorating, design your own cruise ship, scavenger hunts, origami, bingo (prizes), dance parties, outdoor sports competitions, Fun@Sea themed parties (10pm-1am /fees apply).
- Camp Ocean NIGHT OWLS (babysitting of kids 6 months to 11 yo) is available each evening between 10 pm – 1 am (no in-cabin babysitting). The service is at fee $6,75 per kid per hour (plus 15% gratuity, no discounts). Fees are paid via the S&S card (ship account /no cash) and due upon pick-up. Any kid left past 1 am is charged double and forfeits babysitting privileges for the remainder of the cruise. The service offers slumber party activities (movies, toys, board games, video games, arts-crafts) and includes room-service snacks. Babysitting of infants (babies under 2 yo) on portdays begins 15 min before first shore excursion/tour until 12 noon (or from 1 to 5 pm on port arrivals after 12 noon) and on seadays from 8 to 10 am. Kids don’t have to be potty-trained (parents provide diapers/toiletries). Themed programming on select nights offers additional parties: “Owl Jams” (2-11 yo, 10pm-12 midnight /video gaming, arts-crafts, music), “Fun ‘Til One” (6-8 yo, 10pm-1am /video gaming, dancing, singing) and “Fun at Sea” (9-11 yo, 10pm-1am /video gaming, sports events, pizza). Snacks and beverages are included.
- For Carnival Camp Ocean participants only (kids under 5 and kids with special needs/allergies) are provided complimentary beepers, cell phones and phone chargers. At fee can be rented baby strollers (single and double) – 5-day+ itineraries ($30 full cruise) and 3-4-day itineraries ($8 per day).
- Circle C is a children club lounge (for kids 12-14 yo). The experience (complimentary) includes dedicated lounge area (modern design, dance floor, high-tech sound and lighting system, gaming pods and consoles, plasma TV), dedicated director, specifically designed activities, such as video gaming, movies, themed parties, scavenger hunts, karaoke, Make Your Own Pizza, sport competitions (basketball, dodgeball, mini-golf), music and movie/cartoon trivia games, arts-crafts (origami, bead making, T-shirt decoration), late night hangouts with teens (lido deck), Twister Waterslide racing. Among the outside Circle C places for dedicated activities are the ship’s disco nightclub, theater, sports court, Waterworks park, pool deck (Pizzeria).
- Club O2 is a teens only club lounge (for teenagers 15-17 yo). The experience (complimentary) includes dedicated lounge area (smoking/alcohol free, no kids/adults 18+ yo are allowed), dedicated staff (director, hosts, entertainers DJs), exclusive programming (via partnership with Coca-Cola) and activities, such as meet-greets, karaoke and dance contests, movies and video games, sport games and competitions (basketball, dodgeball, mini-golf), stage shows, themed parties (teen disco, pizza, pool, gender wars), smoothie time, T-shirt decoration, teens only shore excursions (depending on cruise itinerary ports). Among the outside Club O2 places for teen activities are the theater, sports court, Waterworks park, pool deck (Pizzeria).
- Carnival WaterWorks area – with 5 slides, including “Speedway Splash” (235 ft/72 m) and “Twister” (334 ft/102 m), entrance is on deck 14; 1 Whirlpool, kids fountains, SplashZone with pools for kids (if under 13 kids can enter the area only after parental permission, and must be at least 42″/107cm tall)
- Spa Deck Cloud 9 Spa cabins from 10,101 to 10,145, of which Inside cabins (category 4S), Balcony cabins (8S), Spa Suites (SS).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 11 Plan – Sports
- Serenity (adults only relaxation complex with Serenity Pool, hammocks, loungers; level 1)
- SportSquare (basketball course, Ropes Course, 9-hole Mini Golf Course, Tennis Tables)
- Power Walking/Jogging Track (7 laps = 1 ml)
- SeaDogs (aft location, complimentary beef hotdogs stand, toppings)
- Sports Deck Cloud 9 Spa cabins from 11,000 to 11,039 of which Inside cabins (category 4S ), Balcony cabins (category 8T).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 12 Plan – Sky
- Serenity (adults only area, level 2)
- Sky Deck Cloud 9 Spa cabins from 12,001 to 12,027, of which Inside cabins (category 4S), Balcony cabins (8T), Spa Suites (SS).
Carnival Sunshine Deck 14 Plan – Serenity
- Serenity (adults only area, level 3, with Serenity Bar, 1 huge-size Spa Whirlpool and a cascading waterfall).
Carnival Sunshine current position
This is a VesselFinder tracker for Carnival Sunshine current position (location now) tracking IMO number 9070058. Its map shows where is Carnival Sunshine cruise ship today, along with next cruise port of call, ETA (estimated arrival time and date) and the Sunshine ship current cruising speed in knots.
You can share our Carnival Sunshine deck plans review via our social media buttons.