Carnival Valor deck plans review will show you the current position of Carnival Valor cruise ship, actual location of cabins and facilities by deck, along with information on Carnival Cruise Lines Valor ship rooms sizes, types and categories (codes). To skip the lengthy cabins information section, just follow the next link to the Valor ship’s deck plan review.
Carnival Valor (built 2004, last refurbished in 2014, scheduled refurbishment 2016 April-May /Fun Ship 2.0) is the third of all five Conquest-class Carnival cruise ships – together with Conquest, Freedom, Glory and Liberty. This is an outbound link to the Valor ship official page at Carnival.com.
Carnival Valor cruise ship rooms
Connecting staterooms (“family cabins”) are located on decks 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 11. The list of connecting cabins grades includes: 2 beds (4E), 3 beds (PT), 2-3 beds (8B), 2-4 beds (6J-Scenic Oceanview), 2-3-4 beds (6A, 6B, 6C, 8C, 8D) and 4 bed (8F-Spa Balcony).
Carnival Valor cabins plans
|Carnival Valor Rooms Categories, Size, Capacity, Location (deck names), Floor Plans|
(CS) Captain’s Suite layout
(GS) Grand Suites layouts
(JS, OS) Ocean Suites layouts
(9B, 9C) Premium Balcony cabins layouts
(8A, 8B, 8C, 8D, 8E, 8F-Spa) Standard Balcony, and (8N, 8M) Extended Balcony cabins layouts
(6K, 6J) Scenic Oceanview cabin layout
(6A, 6B, 6C) Outside / Oceanview cabins layouts
(PT, 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 4F, 4G, 4H, 4J) Inside / Interior cabins layouts
(1A) Small Interior cabins layouts
Carnival Valor cabins review
Follows the review of Carnival Valor staterooms as amenities, furniture and complimentary services:
- Each of the two Captain’s Suites has master bedroom (2 twin beds convertible to king, Pullman bed), dressing area (vanity, large walk-in closet), large bathroom, separate living room (double sofa bed, coffee table, desk, armchairs), second bathroom (shower), fridge and mini-bar.
- Carnival Valor Suite accommodations (Grand, Ocean and Junior) have king beds, living room (walk-in closet, desk, vanity table, chair, drawers, double sofa bed), private bathroom (WC, shower, whirlpool bathtub, double sinks).
- Premium Balcony (9B, 9C) and Extended Balcony cabins (8N, 8M) have twin beds convertible to queen, ample closet/storage space, bathroom (shower), living area. Some (C staterooms have additional sofa bed for 3rd person. These staterooms have 50% larger balconies, 3 closets (in all grades balcony rooms), full bathroom (shower).
- All grades balcony accommodations feature a private balcony with sliding glass doors (table, patio chairs).
- Passengers booked in Carnival Valor Spa cabins (category 8F /balcony) enjoy the following complimentary amenities, services and perks (applicable for two guests per stateroom only): complimentary unlimited access to all Spa Carnival facilities, 2 fitness classes (Yoga or Pilates), 2 metabolism tests, bathrobes, slippers, deluxe in-room bath amenities by Elemis (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, vitamin-rich body lotion, 1 hand and 1 body soap disks), priority Spa reservations (appointments must be made by 6 pm on embarkation day), spa treatment discounts on portdays (while the ship is docked in ports of call- 20% off /1st, 30% off /2nd, 40% off /3rd treatment).
- Scenic Oceanview cabins have floor-ceiling slanted windows, 2 twin beds (convertible to king), living area (sofa, coffee table, chairs). Some have additionally sofa bed for 3rd/4th person.
- Ocean-view cabins have large picture window, twin beds (convertible to queen), living area. Some have sofa and/or upper beds (Pullman) for 3rd/4th person.
- Inside cabins with windows (category 4J-Obstructed view) have Picture Window, while category PT have Porthole Window). Some 4J-Inside rooms have 1 upper bed (bunk bed) for 3rd person, and some are with not-convertible twin beds. Some Porthole Inside staterooms have sofa bed or upper/bunk beds for 3rd-4th person.
- Small Inside cabins have bunk beds (upper/lower Pullman beds), living area, bathroom (shower).
- All Carnival Valor cabins as amenities have living area (vanity, seating), flat TV, direct-dial phone, safe, hairdryer, bathrobes, lifejackets (in the closet), bathroom amenity basket (replenished upon request), custom-made beds (Carnival Comfort Bed System), beach towels, mini-bar/fridge, individual air-conditioning, complimentary 24-hour room service. Bibles (Gideon version) are provided upon request.
- The Carnival’s Sail & Sign card (cashless onboard credit account) doubles as stateroom key. The S&S credit program allows charges on purchases and tips/gratuities directly to a personal account throughout the Carnival cruise. The card has a designated owner and must be utilized for all money transactions on the ship as cash is accepted as a form of payment only at the casino. These cards are provided to all passengers (incl minors) immediately upon boarding the ship. Balance updates are provided at Guest Services desk (at any time). They can also be checked via the interactive TV in each stateroom.
- The ship’s interactive TV system allows passengers to purchase movies on demand, to order room service and to check the Sail & Sign account’s status. The on-demand movie list has approx 25 films available for ordering at USD 5 per movie. Adult-content films cost USD 10 per movie.
- Depending on satellite reception (Carnival Valor location at sea), the complimentary in-cabin TV programming includes the following channels: ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CNN (Domestic, International, Espanol), TCM (classic movies), cartoons (Boomerang, CN), TNT, TBS. There are 2 complimentary movie channels showing a film every 3 hours (both starting at 12 noon). One shows all-time favorites (PG -13 rated) and the other shows all-time family favorites (G / PG rated). The following TV channels are Carnival-themed and also complimentary: Fun Finds TV, Cruise Director, Fun Aboard, Park West Art, Shore Tours, Ship Position, live cam views (webcams positioned forward and on lido deck), Audible Funtimes, Photo, Music. Sporting events (ESPN, ESPN 2) are shown only on big screens – at the ship’s Sports Bar and Seaside Theatre (not in cabins/suites). All the TV’s connection ports are intentionally disabled, which makes impossible to connect it with personal devices (cameras, DVDs, USBs, iPods, gaming consoles, etc).
- Bathroom amenities vary each time, so it’s advisable you bring your own. Samples may include toothpaste, mouthwash, dental floss, body lotion, razor, antiacids. There is a wall-mounted dispenser in the shower stall (for liquid soap and shampoo).
- Electric power outlets are located in the desk/vanity area – one 110 V outlet (3-pronged, USA grounded) and one 220 V outlet (European standard). The bathroom’s 2-pin plug can be used only for electric razors.
- The new Carnival beds are Europe-manufactured exclusively for the company. The ensemble includes custom pillows (trademarked “New Generation Pillows”, 100% cotton), duvet (100% hypoallergenic, ultra-fine, satin-striped), cover, deluxe sheets (high quality cotton), pillowcases (ultra-fine, satin-striped), 8-inch / 20 cm spring mattresses (trademarked “Carnival Comfort”). Alternative (non-allergenic) bedding is also available. It includes 100% polyester blankets, sheets and pillowcases (60/40 cotton-polyester) and New Generation Pillows (100% cotton). Note: Trundle beds don’t have Carnival Comfort mattresses.
- Carnival-logoed Beach Towels are provided in each cruise accommodation for passengers to take ashore. Beach towels are also available for purchasing (at $22). Bathrobes (2) are provided in all suites and also in Spa cabins. Additional bathrobes are provided upon request. For all other cruise accommodations, bathrobes are provided (upon request) during the turndown service on the first evening. Bathrobes can be purchased at $49 (adult size) and $24 (children sizes /2-4 yo and 6-8 yo).
- Life jackets are used in cases of emergency only (not at the ship pools). Lifejackets are located within passenger/crew cabins (in the closet). They are available in 3 sizes – adult, child and infant.
- Each of the cabins has a safe (located in the closet) with approx dimensions (inches/centimeters) – width (10/25), height (9/23) and depth (8/20). Cabin safes can be accessed by any magnetic strip card. It is advisable not to use a valid credit card (or driver’s license), but an old expired card (or some rewards card) instead. Some safes are with a keypad (personal code). Safes can be opened also by the ship’s security.
- All cruise cabin and suite mini-bars are stocked with premium liquors ($6-9,25), beer ($6,25), energy drinks ($5), soft soda/beverages ($2), bottled water ($3,75).
- In-cabin babysitting is not available (read more at Camp Ocean below). Cribs in cruise cabins are provided complimentary (upon request). In Main Dining Rooms are provided complimentary high chairs and booster seats.
- Smoking in cabins/suites and on their balconies is prohibited. On Carnival Valor, smoking allowed areas (cigarettes /incl electronic cigarettes) are One Small Step Nightclub (disco /not allowed on the dance floor), Casino (designated areas), Casino Bar. Smoking (incl of cigars and tobacco pipes) is allowed on designated outdoor areas on Deck 3 portside (forward) and on Deck 11 portside.
- Funville@Sea is a free of charge Intranet service providing information on onboard activities and events schedule, bar and restaurant menus, deck maps, Fun Times (newspaper), FunAshore (tour guides), Carnival cruise news, itinerary related weather reports, onboard social network (tracking/messaging other passengers). The complimentary service is available via the Infotainment system (in all cabins) and also at the FunHub stations around the ship.
- NEWS: Carnival Cruise Line is currently testing a new program allowing ship passengers to customize their steward service by choosing to have the cabin serviced in the morning, at night or both (twice a day). All guests can choose from a list of additional cabin amenities, among which are bathrobes, extra pillows, blankets, closet hangers. All guests can also specify how often the bed linens to be changed during the cruise. Your personal preferences can be selected from a services menu card left in each of the ship’s staterooms. By default, if you make no selections on the card, your room service steward will service the accommodation twice daily.
You can see all the furniture details on Carnival Cruise Line Carnival Valor cabin plans in the above table.
Cruise Ship Room Service
In 2016, Carnival Cruise Lines rolled out fleetwide for-fee (chargeable) room service menu, which items can be ordered 24/7. The new menu still has free of charge items – hot and cold sandwiches, salads, desserts, beverages, Continental Breakfast selections. At extra cost (ranging between USD 1,50 and 6) are items that include shrimp, also sushi, pizza, quesadillas, cheesesteaks, chicken wings/tenders, fries. Bar drinks orders through room service are at regular bar menu prices (no extra fee added).
Complimentary room service menu
- Continental Breakfast (upon request)
- Sandwiches are served with potato salad, coleslaw, potato chips/pretzels, breads (white, whole wheat, rye, gluten free). The list of sandwiches includes Tuna Salad, Roast Turkey, Ham & Cheese, Peanut Butter and Jelly, Bacon-Lettuce-Tomato, Grilled Cheese, Grilled Reuben (corned beef, Swiss cheese).
- Salads – Garden, Caesar, Vegetable Platter (with dips)
- Desserts – cheesecake, cookies, chocolate cake
- Beverages – juices (tomato, orange, apple, grapefruit), tea (hot, iced), hot chocolate, milk, soft drinks (club soda, ginger ale, tonic water, coke and sprite /also diet)
- Beers – domestic (Budweiser, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, Samuel Adams), imported (Heineken, Corona, Stella Artois), also available are beer buckets and wines by the bottle.
For-fee room service menu
The following items are available for ordering 24 hours, but are at additional charge.
- Chicken Wings ($5) – choice of Honey BBQ, Teriyaki, Garlic Parmesan, Buffalo Sauce, Caribbean Jerk
- Chicken Tenders ($5) – choice of sauce (BBQ or Honey Mustard)
- Firecracker Shrimp ($6) – fried with chili ginger, served with fries
- Chicken Quesadilla ($5)
- Philly Cheesesteak ($5) – served with fries
- Pan Pizza ($5) – handmade and baked-to-order (Cheese, Pepperoni, Ham and Pineapple)
- French Fries ($1,50), Sweet Potato Fries ($2), Banana Split ($4).
Continental Breakfast room service menu
The following items are available for ordering free of charge.
- Cereals and Fruits – Banana, Melon, Frosted Flakes, Special K, Raisin Bran, Rice Krispies, Corn Flakes, Fruit Loops, Cheerios, Lucky Charms, Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Bakery – toasts (white, wheat, gluten free), danish pastries, muffins, croissants, bagels
- Yogurt – plain, strawberry, peach, raspberry
- Drinks – juices (orange, apple, tomato, grapefruit), hot tea, milk (also skim and chocolate), fresh coffee (regular and decaf)
- Half-and-half (milk-cream), butter, margarine, cream cheese, jelly (grape, diet, strawberry, guava), honey, orange marmalade.
Deck plan changes 2016 refurbishment review
The list of Carnival Valor deck plan changes to be made during the 2016 dry-dock refurbishment (April 23 – May 7 upgrades) includes:
- New eateries and poolside bars (by the Fun Ship 2.0 program) will be added on Lido Deck 9. These are Guy’s Burger Joint (replacing the Grille /starboard), BlueIguana Cantina (replacing the Grille /portside), RedFrog Rum Bar (pool forward starboard) and BlueIguana Tequila Bar (pool forward porside).
- On Promenade deck 5 will be added the Cherry on Top (candy shop) replacing the Formalities shop. New bars on Deck 5 will be EA Sports Bar (replacing Bronx Bar /portside), Alchemy Bar (replacing Jeanne’s wine bar) and the RedFrog Pub (taking some space from the Club O2 lounge /portside).
- Various technical enhancements will also be implemented, including shoreside power capabilities.
- Routine maintenance works include new hull coating.
Carnival Valor cruise ship deck plan has a total of 1492 staterooms for 2984 passengers (max capacity is 3756 guests), served by 1180 crew/staf
The Valor ship has 13 passenger decks, 22 lounges and bars, 4 swimming pools (one with retractable glass roof), 7 jacuzzies, 18 elevators.
Carnival Valor decks with passenger cabins have a total of 54 Suites, 521 Balconies, 340 Oceanviews, 577 Inside cabins, Self Service Laundromats (passenger use launderettes). Laundry facilities are at extra-charge – $3,25 (per washer or dryer load) and $1,5 per box (detergent/water softener, dispensed from the vending machine in the room). Launderettes (open between 6:30 am – 12 midnight) are located on all cabin decks. Each laundry room is equipped with 2-3 washers, 2-3 dryers, 1 ironing board/iron. All laundry machines accept coins only (can’t be operated using S&S cards). While the ship is in port, washing machines are closed (only dryers and irons can be used). Valet laundry service is handled through the cabin steward. Prices are per item – wash-and-press ($2 – $7,50) and dry-cleaning ($3 – $10,50).
Carnival Valor Deck 1 Plan – Riviera
- Riviera Deck cruise cabins from 1,201 to 1,465, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A, 4A and 4B), Oceanview cabins (6A, 6B and PT – porthole).
- (on crew deck 0 below) Medical Center is the ship’s hospital operated by resident doctors/physicians and nurses on 24-hour call duty. The infirmary (open between 8 am – 8 pm /doctor hours 8-11am and 3-6pm) is equipped with defibrillators, external pacemakers, pulse oximeters, an ECG (electrocardiograph machine), thrombolytic and lab equipment. Treatments at the ship hospital are equivalent to a private doctor’s visit. All treatments, tests and medications are at extra charge. The only exception is Bonine (seasickness medication) also available for free at the ship’s Reception (24 hours).
- General health insurance policies do not apply, so buying cruise health insurance is recommended. Buying Carnival Cruise Vacation Protection Plan makes you eligible for reimbursements of up to USD 10000 (covered medical expenses) and up to USD 30000 (Emergency Medical Evacuation / medevac expenses).
- The ship’s physicians are independent contractors and render medical services at a customary fee. The basic fee doesn’t include medication, tests or treatments. Payments are made via the “Sail and Sign” card. Medical staffing varies by ship – either 1 physician with 3 nurses or 2 physicians with 5 nurses.
Carnival Valor Deck 2 Plan – Main
- Main Deck cruise cabins from 2,201 to 2,483, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A, 4C and 4B), Oceanview cabins (6C, 6B and PT – porthole).
Carnival Valor Deck 3 Plan – Lobby
- Ivanhoe Theatre (capacity 1400 seats main show lounge with stage for grand shows and musical productions- singers, dancers, comedians, magicians; also used for movies, gameshows, bingo; level 1)
- Atrium American Lobby (9-decks high midship open floor area), with American Lobby Bar (40 seats, with piano and stage for live performances)
- Guest Services (Reception/Purser Desk) provides 24-hour assistance, information, bookings/reservations, luggage and cashier services.
- Shore Excursions Desk provides information on Carnival cruise tours and excursions (sponsored by the line and offered for each port on the current itinerary), also planning and booking services.
- Betsy Ross Card Room (28 seats)
- John Paul Jones Art Gallery displays original works from renown art dealers, available for purchasing at discount prices (allegedly cheaper than at land galleries). Park West Gallery art auctions are complemented by sparkling wine and held daily (usually in early afternoon) at the Atrium’s Lobby.
- Glory Aft Atrium
- The galley (kitchen) is located in between both Main Dining Rooms (MDR) and also has the “Chef’s Table” (private dining room).
- Lincoln Dining Room (forward location, 744 seats, on 2 levels) and Washington Dining Room (aft location, 1122 seats, on 2 levels) are complimentary, waiter-served Main Dining Room restaurants for Breakfast, Brunch (seadays only), Lunch (seadays only) and Dinner. On portdays, Breakfast is served between 7:30 – 9:30 am (closed for lunch). Dining Room hours are subject to change due to itinerary/port of call arrival times or scheduled onboard activities. On seadays, one MDR serves “Punchliner Comedy Brunch” (breakfast and lunch /between 8:30 am – 1 pm) while the other MDR serves Breakfast (between 8 – 10 am) and Lunch (between 12 noon – 1:30 pm). Afternoon Tea service (between 3 – 4 pm /seadays only, complimentary) includes a selection of teas, mini sandwiches, sweets. Dinner (seadays/portdays) is with 2 fixed/pre-assigned seatings – Early (at 6 pm) and Late (at 8:15 pm), plus Anytime (“Your Time Dining” between 5:45 – 9:30 pm). Dr Seuss themed “Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast” (cover charge $5 pp, reservations recommended) is once per cruise (on a seaday /itinerary based) at 8:30 am and 9:30 am. The dining experience features Dr Seuss character visits, waiters in special uniforms, themed decoration, unique menu.
- The Punchliner Comedy Brunch menu is divided into 3 parts – Opening Act, Headliners, Punchline and Bloody Mary Bar. The dining experience includes 5-6-min stand-up comedy acts (family friendly, at each hour) performed by the evening’s comedians. The “opening act” (menu 1) has flamin’ tomatoes soup, bagel breakfast, fresh fruit platter (with cottage cheese or plain), Caesar salad, Eggs Benedict, custom-made omelettes, dos huevos, sides (sliced ham, cheddar grits, grilled tomato, smoked bacon, pork/chicken sausages, turkey bacon) and George’s recipes. Both recipes are special dishes created by the US comedian George Lopez- Huevos Rancheros (chicken quesadilla topped with fried eggs and cheese) and Breakfast Burrito (tortilla filled with scrambled eggs, beans, chorizo). The “headliners” (menu 2) has funny French toast, fat stack pancakes, carne y huevos (filet mignon), mac-and-cheese (fried chicken, steak or smoked bacon), pappardelle pasta, grilled salmon fillet, hen alla diavola (grilled chicken). The “punchline” (dessert menu 3) has ice cream, caramelized cheesecake, banana cream pie, Mexican churros (donuts). The “Bloody Mary Bar” (drinks menu) offers custom-made cocktails. While the food is complimentary, beverages are extra-charge (excluding coffee, milk, juices).
- At dinner, in both Main Dining Rooms Carnival offers the “American Table” menu. It changes each evening and includes contemporary American cuisine dishes (appetizers, entrees, desserts). On formal dinners (1-2 per sailing /itinerary based) Carnival offers the “American Feast” menu with gourmet appetizers, prime meats/seafood, vegetarian dishes, signature desserts. The formal dining experience features live big-band music, special table decoration (luxury linens, centerpiece), keepsake menus, Cruise Elegant dress code.
Carnival Valor Deck 4 Plan – Atlantic
- Ivanhoe Theater (level 2)
- Iliad Library (17 seats, with board games)
- Photo Gallery & Shop (photo-video services, equipment, accessories)
- Circle C (children club lounge for 12-14 yo; video games, movies, parties, planned activities, all complimentary)
- Lincoln Restaurant (forward dining room upper level)
- Capital Conference Room (100 seats)
- The Web Internet Cafe (6 Internet computers room, 24 hour)
- Washington’s Bar (capacity 147 seats cigar bar/smoking lounge, live jazz music)
- Washington Restaurant (aft dining room upper level)
- Service boats (24 lifeboats, 2 tender boats, 36 35 life rafts).
Carnival Valor Deck 5 Plan – Promenade
- Ivanhoe Theater (level 3)
- The Fun Shops is named the ship’s duty-free shopping arcade of stores (open between 8 am – 12 midnight) selling Carnival Cruise Lines logo merchandise (ship models, fun wear-apparel), Special Occasions (gifts, souvenirs, packages), name-brand boutique merchandise (luxury jewelry-watches, designer bags-hats-shoes-fashion-accessories-sunglasses, perfumes-cosmetics-beauty products), also liquor-tobaccos and conveniences.
- Special Occasions shop sells Bon Voyage wines/champagnes/liquor, Carnival cruise packages, specialty items and gifts. The list of packages includes “Bottomless Bubbles” (unlimited soda package), CHEERS (unlimited drinks package/alcohol included), “Cruise the Vineyard” (3-bottle and 5-bottle wine packages /saving up to 25%), “Cruise Cash” cards (bar/photo credit accounts similar to the old paper coupons), beer (4-pack), juices (6-pack), soda (6-pack), bottled water (12-pack). The list of specialty items and gifts includes plush toys, fresh-baked cookies, occasion cakes, packed chocolates/snacks, fresh flowers, gift sets, fruit baskets, Stateroom Decorations (themed cabin decoration sets – Birthday, Anniversary, Honeymoon, Congrats, Bon Voyage), canapes/party trays (assorted pastries, sushi, fruit, cheese, vegetable, finger sandwiches, desserts-petit fours), “Towel Creations Book”. Dr Seuss brand merchandise is also available for purchasing – “The Cat in the Hat Book”, themed cabin decorations, toys, Seuss At Sea gifts and packages (waterbottle, lunchbox, backpack, splash pack, towel).
- Cherry on Top (open between 4 – 10:30 pm) is a Carnival signature shop selling bulk candies by the oz (mix and match, sugar-free, assortments), confections (lollipops, sweet apples, truffles, chocolate deep cheesecakes and pretzels, cupcakes, fudge, cookies /and sugar-free). Cherry on Top also sells ladies and kids apparel (bathrobes, hoodies, lounge pants, tank tops), balloons, flowers, Carnival Greeting Cards, shower/spa items. The shop also provides formalwear rentals available only for pre-cruise ordering (not on board).
- Circle “C” (level 2)
- EA Sports Bar (former Bronx Sports Bar / 55 seats) offers live sporting events and news (on multiple LED screens and TVs), drinks and snacks. Sports Bar’s menu has draft beers (16 oz, also Carnival’s ThirstyFrog Red 19 oz pint 560 ml, 60 oz pitcher 1,8 L, 101 oz tube 3 L, Souvenir Glass), domestic beers (16 oz / 470 ml), craft beers (12-16 oz / 350-470 ml), imported and non-alcoholic, beer bucket, cider, cocktails (martini, margarita, mojito), double shots (whiskey, rum, vodka, tequila, mixers), snacks (pretzel, peanuts).
- Alchemy Bar (former Jeanne’s Wine Bar /30 seats)
- RedFrog Pub is a Caribbean-themed brewery with 2 copper-topped glass kettles (for ales and lagers). RedFrog Pub’s menu has a selection of international, domestic and Caribbean beers (Banks, Carib, Corona, Corona Light, Dos Equis, Kalik, Presidente, Red Stripe), Caribbean rums, cocktails (mojitos, rum, frozens), also craft beers (microbrews) and local draft beers (itinerary based). Here is also served ThirstyFrog Red (aka RedFrog beer) – the Carnival’s exclusive, private-label draft beer. Beers are served/priced in pints (16 oz / 470 ml), pitchers (60 oz / 1,8 L) and tubes (101 oz / 3 L). Entertainment options include foosball table, shuffleboard table, jukebox, darts, puzzles, live music performances nightly (acoustic guitar and vocals). ThirstyFrog Red is the Carnival Cruise Line’s private label draught beer. It is brewed on the ship and served on tap ice-cold, in ThirstyFrog Red pint glasses (20 oz / 590 ml, also available for purchasing as a Carnival logoed souvenir glass). The “RedFrog” beer costs $5,50 (pint 20 oz / 590 ml), $17 (pitcher 60 oz / 1,8 L) and $28 (tube 101 oz / 3 L). The list of available (cruise itinerary based) craft beers locally brewed in USA ship departure ports includes: Galveston Texas (Shiner Bock/Premium), NOLA New Orleans Louisiana (Abita Amber/Purple Haze), Tampa Florida (Cigar City Florida Cracker/Invasion Pale Ale), Alaska (Alaskan Amber/White), Maui Hawaii (Bikini Blonde Lager, Mana Wheat). In near future will be added more specialty beers supplied locally from breweries in California, Florida and New York.
- Shogun Casino (capacity 484 seats, slots, gaming tables, gambling tournaments, classes; served by The Dream Bar (23 seats)
- King Boulevard Promenade Bar (23 seats)
- Kiosk (S&S Card service)
- Java Cafe (patisserie and specialty coffee bar)
- Club O2 (teens only club lounge for movies, video games, karaoke, themed parties, booking teen-only cruise shore excursion)
- Video Arcade is open 24 hours for both kids and adults. The Arcade is supervised by dedicated staff and has foosball (air hockey) tables, photo kiosk, a total of 17 machines (popular arcade and merchandising games /incl skeeball). All machines are coinless (payable via S&S cards only). Playing costs between $0,75 – $2 (most are $1 per game). The daily arcade play limit ($75 pp) can be adjusted by parents/guardians upon request. Among the available for playing games are Redemption Games (E-ticket rewards are loaded to the S&S card and at any time can be redeemed for prizes /self-serve prize hub in the arcade), Self-Merchandisers (games of skill /electronic prizes at the machine), latest arcades (car-racing, dance, bike simulators, first-person shooters).
- Sushi Bar (complimentary, open 5-8:15pm)
- One Small Step Disco & Nightclub (211 seats, with dance floor, own bar)
- Lindy Hop Bar (100 seats piano bar)
- Paris Hot Bar (88 seats Jazz bar)
- Eagles Lounge & Bar (aft location, capacity 425 seats, with stage, dance floor, bar; hosts the Punchliner Comedy Club/brunch, art auctions, seminars).
Carnival Valor Deck 6 Plan – Upper
- Upper Deck cruise cabins from 6,201 to 6,483, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A, 4D, 4J and 4E), Balcony cabins (8A, 8B, 8M (larger balcony with aft view) and 9C – Premuim Balcony).
Carnival Valor Deck 7 Plan – Empress
- Empress Deck cruise cabins from 7,201 to 7,453, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A, 4F, 4J and 4E), Balcony cabins (8C, 8B, 8M (larger balcony with aft view) and 9C – Premuim Balcony).
Carnival Valor Deck 8 Plan – Verandah
- The fore-located Navigation Bridge and the adjacent Captain’s Suite and officers quarters are inaccessible for passengers.
- Verandah Deck cruise cabins from 8,201 to 8,461, of which Inside cabins (categories – 1A, 4Fand 4G), Balcony cabins (8C, 8D, 8N (larger balcony with aft view) and 9B, 9C – Premuim Balcony).
Carnival Valor Deck 9 Plan – Lido/Pool
- Argonaut area (with 2 Whirlpools, 2 poolside bars, 2 Grilles, stage for live performances, contests, shows)
- Guy’s Burger Joint is the Carnival’s signature burger bar by the US celebrity Guy Fieri (Food Network). The bar is complimentary and open for lunch and dinner (between 12 noon – 6 pm). The menu includes specialty burgers (Plain Jane, Straight Up, Pig Patty, Chilius Maximus, The Ringer), also made-to-order burgers, hand-cut fries, condiment bar. The ingredients include 80-20 beef patties, buttered buns, melted cheese, mushrooms, lettuce, onions, pickles, tomato, Donkey Sauce (mayo), crispy bacon patty, spicy onion rings, chili, BBQ sauce.
- RedFrog Rum Bar is an outdoor poolside bar with best Caribbean rums, bottled Caribbean beers (Presidente, Kalik, Red Stripe, Corona, Corona Light, Dos Equis), draft beers (ThirstyFrog Red brew, Presidente brew), Red’s Beer Cocktail, frozens, cocktails, mojitos, margaritas, soft beverages. The bar also sells beer buckets and Carnival souvenir glasses. Draft beers are served/priced in pints (19 oz / 560 ml) and tubes (101 oz / 3 L).
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar is an outdoor poolside bar for Mexican drinks (brews, frozens, cocktails, margaritas). BlueIguana Bar’s menu has draft beers (Modelo Especial, Dos Equis), bottled beers (Sol, Tecate, Corona, Pacifico), Beer Cocktail, beer buckets, Mexican tequilas, non-alcoholic frozens, soft drinks. Draft beers are served/priced in pints (16 oz / 470 ml) and tubes (101 oz / 3 L). The bar also sells Carnival-logoed souvenir glasses. On seadays are staged drink-mixing competitions between both bars (RedFrog and BlueIguana).
- BlueIguana Cantina is a complimentary poolside (self-serve) fast-food bar with Mexican cuisine. The Cantina is open for Breakfast (7:30 – 10:30 am) and lunch (12 noon – 2:30 pm) and offers fresh-made tacos, burritos (wrapped/topped-to-order), tortillas (wheat, jalapeno), chips, salsas, toppings. Breakfast burritos are with scrambled eggs, chicken sausage, ham, hash browns, tomato, cheese, iceberg lettuce, topping (pico de gallo, crema fresca, salsa /tomatillo, roasted tomato). Lunch tacos include pork, chicken, fish. Bluelguana Cantina has a separate condiments bar with salsas, hot sauces, lettuce, onion, cheese, lime, watermelon, jicama, black beans, corn, coriander, tomatillos, tomatoes.
- Rosie’s Restaurant (complimentary, 1396 seats, on 2 levels) is the ship’s self-service buffet restaurant for open-seating Breakfast (7:30 am – 12 noon /made-to-order omelet station), Lunch (12 noon – 2:30 pm), Dinner (6 – 9:30 pm /Good Eats buffet) and for Late Night Snacks (11 pm – 1 am). Good Eats buffet menu is a Main Dining Room dinner alternative offering steaks, prime rib, grilled chicken, pastas, salads, desserts, daily Chef’s Special. Lido restaurant consists of various take-away food stations and themed food bars. Among those are Carnival Deli (sandwiches, draught beer dispenser), Mongolian Wok (stir-fry, made-to-order Asian food /you choose the ingredients), Mexican Bar (burritos/wraps, chicken, beef, shrimp, salsa, toppings), Fish N’ Chips (lunch /seafood), Pasta Bar (choice of 3 pastas, 4 sauces, 12 toppings), Salad Bar (35 items), Pizzeria (24-hour), Chef’s Choice Bar (international cuisine /different menu each day), Hot and Cold Buffet (stir-fry, pastas, carving station), Grille (ham-cheese-veggie burgers, hot dogs, fries, chicken fritters/sandwiches, sauteed mushrooms/onions, sauerkraut, Chili con Carne, homemade tortillas-chips-salsa), Dessert Bar (incl sugar-free items). There are also (self-serve, complimentary, 24-hour) tea/coffee station and machines for soft ice cream and yogurt. Chocolate Extravaganza Buffet (complimentary) is on the last seaday (7-day and longer cruise itineraries) and offers chocolate smorgasborg, chocolate fountain, cakes (incl pear, orange, cheesecake, dry fruit, diet).
- Carnival Deli (complimentary, open between 11 am – 11 pm) offers hot/cold sandwiches and sides, and has a draft beer dispenser (for ThirstyFrog Red and Bud Light).
- Pizzeria del Capitano (complimentary, 24-hour, self-serve) is equipped with a wood-fired oven and offers fresh-baked pizzas (Margherita, Pepperoni, Napolitana, Capricciosa, Calzone), pan pizza, Caesar salad, also made-to-order pies.
- Fish N’ Chips (complimentary, open between 12 noon – 2:30 pm) menu has seafood specialties – tuna, octopus salad, ceviche, fried oysters, calamari, fish fitters, seafood bisque, condiments (French fries, marinated vegetables, sauces /tartar, mayo, chili, mustard dip).
- Lido Cafe (open between 7 am – 4 pm) is a specialty coffee bar (a la carte priced Barista coffees, milkshakes, pastries, cookies, ice cream sandaes) also operating as dinner bistro (complimentary food, waiter-served) between 6 – 9:30 pm.
- Prometheus Pool area (aft pool with 2 Whirlpools, served by Prometheus Bar, Grille and Pizzeria; with Sky Dome/sliding glass roof)
- Lido Deck cruise cabins from 9,196 to 9,294, of which Inside cabins (categories – 4H and 4G), Oceanview cabins (6J and 6K – Scenic Oceanview), Balcony cabins (8D and 8E), Suite cabins (CS – Captain Suite, JS – Junior Suite).
Carnival Valor Deck 10 Plan – Panorama / waterslide
- Lido Buffet Restaurant (upper level 2 /Fish N’ Chips section)
- Aqua Park – Dolphin Pool area (connected to the Twister Waterslide/entrance location on deck 14; with 1 Whirlpool, fountains, splash pools)
- Carnival Seaside Theatre (huge LED screen outdoor cinema- movies, concerts, sport events, stage for live performances and games)
- Scarlett’s Steakhouse (108 seats, open between 6 – 9:30 pm) is a premium steakhouse-seafood restaurant at surcharge (reservations recommended). Cover charge fee of $35 pp (adults/kids) includes 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert and gratuity. Steakhouse’s menu has starters (escargots, grilled mushroom, tuna tartare, shrimp cocktail, crab cake, lobster bisque, onion soup), salads (Caesar, spinach/mushrooms, iceberg lettuce, beef steak tomato), sides (Baked Potatoes, Sauteed Mushrooms, Creamed Spinach, Steamed Broccoli), entrees (prime aged beef steaks – 14oz NY strip loin, 18oz rib and 18oz ribeye, 9oz filet mignon, lamb chops, chicken, Maine lobster, fish fillet from the market /itinerary based), desserts (cheesecake, caramelized apples, chocolate sampler, fresh fruits, selections of cheeses, sherbets and ice creams). The Steakhouse also serves beverages (bar prices apply) – fresh coffee/tea, dessert wines and after dinner drinks. The food is wheeled on a cart to your table for examination. A cooking demonstration offers an hour-long presentation from a team of chefs. Dress code is “Elegant” (jeans permitted). At the steakhouse can also be made reservations (bookings) for the “Chef’s Table” (private dinner package).
- Panorama Deck cruise cabins from 1001 to 1067, of which Inside cabins (categories – 4H and 4J), Balcony cabins (8F and 8E).
Carnival Valor Deck 11 Plan – Spa / Sports
- The fore-located Spa Carnival and Fitness Center (open between 6 am – 10 pm) is the ship’s wellness complex consisting of Gymnasium (complimentary, access via the lockers, floor-ceiling windows, equipped with free weights /TROY dumbbells, weight machines, treadmills, steppers, ellipticals, recumbent exercise cycles, Concept 2/indoor rowing machines, Kinesis wall), Fitness Studio (for classes /part of the gym, glass-enclosed), Spa Whirlpool (in the gym, glass-enclosed / glass-roof covered section), Beauty Salon (facials, manicure/pedicure, hair styling-cutting-coloring, eye brow shaping, makeup, waxing, grooming-barbering, teeth whitening, Medi-Spa), Treatment Rooms (incl for acupuncture, couples massage, hot stone, Botox, body wraps /dry float bed), Spa Reception, separate male/female lockers (2 changing rooms, each with complimentary sauna/steam room/showers). The lockers’ showers are glass-enclosed and multi-jet. Shower heads are massaging (1 rain head above, 4 side). During massages and wraps guests should wear bathing suits. The ship has no Thermal Suite (Tepidarium with heated loungers). ZSPA (teen spa treatments for teenager 12-17 yo) include facials, massages, scrubs, manicures/pedicures, hair styling-coloring-cutting. Daily, at the Eagles Lounge (aft on Promenaded Deck) are scheduled complimentary health seminars (fitness-wellness-beauty) themed on aging, posture, detox, dieting, weight-loss, skin care, pro-collagen, acne attack /teens).
- Some of the fitness classes are complimentary (aerobics, stretching, abs, body conditioning, Tai Chi) and some are at fee pp (Yoga, Pilates, spinning, boot camp, indoor cycling, personal training sessions). Follows the list of offered on Carnival cruises fitness classes (lead by professional trainers). In brackets are shown duration in minutes and cost (prices in USD pp) – Personal Training (30 min $45, 60 min $85, 180 min /3 courses $210), Nutritional Consultation (60 min $85), Metabolism Test (30 min $35), Boot Camp (4-day body sculpturing $120). Priced at $12 pp are Tour de Cycle (indoor cycling, 45 min), Pathway to Yoga (45 min) and Pathway to Pilates (45 min).
- Carnival Spa menu of treatments (facials and massages using Elemis products) includes (duration in minutes, prices in USD pp) – Acupressure (50 min $150), Oxydermy Facial (50 min $150), Aroma Stone Therapy (75 min $175), Thai Herbal Poultice Massage (rhythmic, acupressure movements, 75 min $175), Bamboo Massage (50 min $145, 75 min $180), Absolute Spa Ritual (100 min $240), Reflexology (50 min $105), Couples Massage (full body Swedish or Elemis, 50 min $240), Deep Tissue Muscle Massage (50 min $115), Swedish Massage (50 min $110), Ionithermie Cellulite Reduction (50 min $145, 3 course $360), Ionithermie Cheek Lift (50 min $145), Exotic Lime and Ginger Salt Glow (half body 50 min $140, full body 75 min $180), Aroma Spa Seaweed Massage (heated mask, half body 75 min $175, full body 100 min $235), Fire and Ice (45 min, manicure $50, pedicure $70), Traditional (manicure 25 min $30, pedicure 45 min $45), Tooth Whitening (free consultation, 30 min /$150 pp, $260 couple), Waxing (prices range from $15 lip-chin, to $90 full leg), hairdresser services (prices range from $30 to $95), Pro-Collagen Grooming Treatment with Shave (facial, massage, double close shave /55 min $85), Express Shave (30 min $40), Skin IQ for Men Facial (50 min / $105), Urban Cleanse for Men Facial (50 min / $115).
- Carnival Spa menu of Medi-Spa treatments includes – Acupuncture (by certified acupuncturist, first session 50 min $150, additional sessions up to 45 min $125, first facial session 75 min, additional facial sessions up to 60 min), Medi-Spa Cosmetic Treatments (free doctor consultation), Dermal Filler Treatments (Restylane, Perlane /30 min), BOTOX Cosmetic, DYSPORT Wrinkle Treatments (both are upper face, nonsurgical and FDA approved /30 min). All Medi-Spa treatments are administered on the ship by a dedicated physician (licensed medical doctor).
- Carnival Spa menu of ZSPA treatments (for teenagers 12-17 yo). In brackets are shown duration (in minutes) and cost (prices in USD pp). The menu includes – Fabulously Fruity Facial (50 min $100), Acne Attack Facial (50 min $100), Heavenly Massage (aromatherapy oils, Swedish massage, 50 min $90), Paradise Massage (mother and daughter, 25 min $100, 50 min $195), Chill Out Massage (father and son, 25 min $100, 50 min $195), Surfers Scrub (25 min $65), Fitness Frenzy (3 boot camp classes, $55), Magical Manicure (25 min $30), Sole Mate (45 min $40). The list of Beauty Salon services for teens includes – boys (cut only 30 min $25), boys and girls (cut and color 120 min $120), girls (cut only 60 min $60), style only (30 min $45). ZSPA services are available between 8 am – 8 pm. Upon booking treatments, teens must be accompanied by an adult (parent/guardian) who completes and signs the ZSPA form.
- Sports Deck (multi sports court/basketball, volleyball; Tennis Tables, Shuffleboard)
- Jogging Track (11 laps = 1 ml)
- Spa Deck cabins from 1101 to 1122, all of which are Balcony staterooms category 8F.
Carnival Valor Deck 12 Plan – Sun / kids / Serenity
- Camp Ocean (formerly Camp Carnival) is the ship’s kids complex providing supervised by counselors age-appropriate activities and themed entertainment for 3 age groups – 2-5 yo (Penguins), 6-8 yo (Stingrays), 9-11 yo (Sharks). Each group has its own room and dedicated staff. Operational hours (may vary due to Carnival cruise itineraries) are – seadays (10 am – 1 pm, 2 – 5 pm, 7 – 10 pm) and portdays (port arrival time until 2 pm, and 2-10 pm). Youth staff is international, professional, CPR-certified. Staffing depends on the ship’s current cruise itinerary and season. All children must constantly wear their muster station wristbands (available here or at Guest Services). In cases of emergency, parents must collect their kid’s lifejacket from their cabin (when pick up their own). Camp Ocean provides supervised dinners for kids every evening (between 6 – 6:45 pm – time may vary due to itinerary) excepting the first evening. Kids-only dinners (chaperoned) take place in the Lido buffet restaurant. Among the menu choices are mac and cheese, pizza, burgers, hot-dogs, fries, fish sticks, chicken nuggets, spaghetti and meatballs, vegetables, fruits, Jell-O. Carnival Cruise Lines Camp Ocean youth program is complimentary and offers over 200 marine-themed activities. The programming also includes family afternoons (when parents can play with their kids) and a family day with group activities, like face painting and family scavenger hunts (parents and kids receive cameras and search for things hidden in various places throughout the ship). For Carnival Camp Ocean participants only (kids under 5 and kids with special needs/allergies) are provided complimentary beepers, cell phones and phone chargers. At fee can be rented baby strollers (single and double) – 5-day+ itineraries ($30 full cruise) and 3-4-day itineraries ($8 per day).
- Creative Cove is a dedicated room for kids arts-crafts and workshops. The Beary Cuddly Workshop is a build-your-own-stuffed-animal activity where kids can make and take home a stuffed toy (teddy, bear, dog, lion, koala). This workshop is for-fee (prices start from $20 depending on selected outfits/accouterments). A portion of these sales goes to St Jude Children’s Research Hospital (Memphis TN).
- Camp Ocean PENGUINS (2-5 yo) arts-crafts, Penguin Palooza (costume making, parades), music/singalongs, aerobics, sculpturing, face painting, T-shirt decorating, bingo (candy prizes), story time (reading), Dr Seuss, Mr Potato Head, Playstation gaming, dance parties, indoor ball games, movie nights, “Owl Jams” themed parties (10pm-12 midnight /fees apply).
- Camp Ocean STINGRAYS (6-8 yo) PlayStation-Nintendo games, arts-crafts, Pirate Game Night, Memory Game, face painting, T-shirt decorating, sport contests, music time, bingo (prizes), Superheroes, “Fun Til’ One” themed parties (10pm-1am /fees apply).
- Camp Ocean SHARKS (9-11 yo) PlayStation-Nintendo games, music trivia, arts-crafts, T-shirt decorating, design your own cruise ship, scavenger hunts, origami, bingo (prizes), dance parties, outdoor sports competitions, Fun At Sea themed parties (10pm-1am /fees apply).
- Camp Ocean NIGHT OWLS (babysitting of kids 6 months to 11 yo) is available each evening between 10 pm – 1 am (no in-cabin babysitting). The service is at fee $6,75 per kid per hour (plus 15% gratuity, no discounts). Fees are paid via the S&S card (ship account /no cash) and due upon pick-up. Any kid left past 1 am is charged double and forfeits babysitting privileges for the remainder of the cruise. The service offers slumber party activities (movies, toys, board games, video games, arts-crafts) and includes room-service snacks. Babysitting of infants (babies under 2 yo) on portdays begins 15 min before first shore excursion/tour until 12 noon (or from 1 to 5 pm on port arrivals after 12 noon) and on seadays from 8 to 10 am. Kids don’t have to be potty-trained (parents provide diapers/toiletries).
- Carnival’s Camp Ocean themed programming on select nights offers additional parties (surcharged $13 per kid plus 15% gratuity). These are “Owl Jams” (2-11 yo, 10pm-12 midnight /challenges, hide and seek, music), “Fun Til One” (6-8 yo, 10pm-1am /video gaming, dancing, singing) and “Fun At Sea” (9-11 yo, 10pm-1am /video gaming, sports events, pizza). Snacks and beverages are included. Carnival Valor’s Camp Ocean also has an outdoor play area with a wading/paddling pool for kids.
- 9-hole Mini Golf Course
- Serenity is the ship’s adults-only retreat for passengers 21+ yo. This is a forward-location outdoor area with 2 whirlpools (large-size outdoor hot tub), Serenity Bar (waiter-served), 2-level exclusive sundeck for relaxation and sunbathing. The lower level sundeck is furnished with padded wicker chaise lounges, clamshell chairs, footstools, and has a separate shaded seating area (with tables, padded wicker chairs and sofas). The Serenity Bar’s menu offers drinks and refreshments (cocktails, beer/buckets, wine, frozens, smoothies, shakes, soda). The adult deck is complimentary (free entry) and accessible at any time, but Serenity Bar and the whirlpools (on upper level) are available between 8 am – 10 pm only. Hours may vary depending on cruise itinerary, portdays/seadays, weather.
Carnival Valor Deck 14 Plan – Sky / Serenity
- Serenity (adult retreat, upper level) has 2 whirlpools (large-size outdoor hot tubs) and an exclusive sundeck furnished with hammocks, padded wicker chaise lounges and premium clamshell chairs (with folding hoods). The adult deck is complimentary (free entry) and accessible at any time, but the whirlpools and the Serenity Bar (on lower level) are available between 8 am – 10 pm only. Hours may vary depending on cruise itinerary, portdays/seadays, weather.
- On Sky Deck is also the Twister Waterslide’s entrance. The slide is open between 10 am – 5 pm, and ends in the Dolphin pool on Panorama Deck 10.
Carnival Valor current position
This is a VesselFinder tracker for Carnival Valor current position (location now) tracking IMO number 9236389. Its map shows where is Carnival Valor cruise ship today, along with next cruise port of call, ETA (estimated arrival time and date) and the Valor ship current cruising speed in knots.
You can share our Carnival Valor deck plans review via our social media buttons.