Legend of the Seas deck plans review will show you the current position of Legend of the Seas cruise ship, actual location of cabins and facilities by deck, along with information on Royal Caribbean Legend ship rooms sizes, types and categories (codes). To skip the lengthy cabins information section, just follow the next link to the Legend ship’s deck plan review.
Legend of the Seas (built 1995, last refurbished in 2013, scheduled refurbishment 2017) is of the Vision-class Royal Caribbean cruise ships – together with Splendour of the Seas (sister-ship) and also Enchantment, Grandeur, Rhapsody and Vision. In Spring 2017, the ship will join Thomson Cruises fleet, just like her sister Splendour (since 2016 TUI Discovery). This is an outbound link to the official page at RoyalCaribbean.com.
Legend of the Seas cruise ship rooms
Legend of the Seas cabins plans
|Legend of the Seas Rooms Categories, Size, Capacity, Location (deck names), Floor Plans|
(RS) Royal Suite layout
(OS) Owner’s Suite layout
(FS) 2-Bedroom / Royal Family Suite layout
(GS) Grand Suite layout
(JS) Junior Suite, and (FJ) Family Junior Suite layout
(D1, D2, D3) Superior Balcony, and (E1) Deluxe Balcony cabins layout
(F, H, I, PV-Panoramic) Outside / Oceanview cabin layout
(K, L, M, N, Q, J-Superior) Inside / Interior cabin layout
Legend of the Seas cabins review
Follows the review of RCI Legend of the Seas staterooms as amenities, furniture and services:
- All Legend of the Seas Suites have king bed, large-size bathroom (whirlpool bathtub, separate shower), vanity area, walk-in closet, large living area (queen-size sofabed, dining area/pantry, wet bar, kitchen, dining table), private balcony (sliding floor-ceiling doors, whirlpool bathtub, sunloungers).
- Guests in all Suites (excluding Junior Suites only) enjoy the following bonus amenities: Concierge Service (24-hour Concierge Lounge access /continental breakfast, hors d’oeuvres, CD/DVD library, private parties arrangements, priority services (Salon/Spa reservations, booking RCI cruise tours/excursions, dining reservations).
- RCI Royal Suite accommodations have 2 separate bedrooms (each has 2 twin beds /covertible to queen), another room with bunk beds (for 3rd/4th person), extended balcony (whirlpool, deluxe lounge furniture). Additional amenities in Royal Suites are: media center (surround sound, large flat TV, stereo, CD/DVD player), baby grand piano.
- Owner Suites have queen beds, walk-in closet, large bathroom (separate bathtub/shower), large living room (double sofa bed, dining area, bar, fridge), media center.
- Royal Family Suites have 2 separate bedrooms (each with 2 twin beds /to queen), guest bedroom (2 twin beds /convertible, plus 2 bunk beds), living room (vanity, double sofa bed, dining table, dresser, sofa), bathroom (shower).
- Grand and Junior Suites have 2 twin beds (convertible), walk-in closet, large bathroom (bathtub, shower), large living room (desk, drawers, vanity, sofa bed, chairs).
- All balcony staterooms have floor-ceiling sliding doors opening to a private verandah.
- PV-Panoramic Oceanview cabins (midship-location on decks 7 and 8) feature floor-ceiling windows (sized in inches 76 high x 100-320 wide / in meters 1,9 height x 2,5-8 width). That is one huge window. These are premium cruise accommodations sized 200 ft2 (18 m2), each with 2 twin beds (convertible), a larger living area (desk, drawers, vanity, double sofa bed), ample closet space, bathroom (WC/shower). These staterooms offer amazing unobstructed views and bookings at cheaper than balcony cabin prices. All other grades Oceanview cabins are with a Porthole Window (round-shaped, size 24-inch / 61 cm) or with Picture Windows.
- All Legend of the Seas cabins as amenities have 2 twin beds (convertible to queen), ample closet/drawer space, private bathroom (shower, hair dryer, bath products), sitting area (desk, drawers, vanity, sofa), flat TV, individual air-conditioning, direct-dial phone, safe, radio, mini bar, Internet access, 24 hour room service (5-12 am /complimentary).
- Some staterooms have either sofa bed or upper/bunk beds (Pullman beds) for 3rd/4th person. The twin bed size is 36 x 82 inch (90 x 210 cm).
- In-cabin babysitting is available at hourly fee (US$19 per kid) for 4 kids per stateroom max.
- For in-cabin use can be borrowed movies, toys and games suitable for kids with autism.
- RCI’s new Wi-Fi costs US$15 per device per day (50% discount on a second device). The Wi-Fi is always on (shipwide coverage) and super fast (even for streaming movies).
You can see all the furniture details in Royal Caribbean Legend of the Seas cabins plans (the above table) and also in the following photo combo.
Legend cruise ship Internet VOOM
VOOM is the name of the RCI’s new, high-speed internet service available on the Legend ship. The service provides passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology utilizes each RCI cruise ship specifically.
Voom Internet has latency 120 ms, ping ~300 ms, download speed ~4,6 Mbps, upload speed ~5,2 Mbps. Voom allows fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures, also video chatting (FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections.
New Internet packages cost
RCI’s high-speed ship internet offering was revamped from only one plan into different per day packages with pricing based on the number of included devices. Two new packages are currently available for booking:
- Note: All below listed unlimited Internet package prices are “Cruise Planner” booking rates and include the 30% pre-cruise booking discount. Packages can be purchased on board and also pre-purchased (before the cruise) via RCI’s “Cruise Planner” booking system.
- “Voom Surf Voyage” is the “light package” providing high-speed Internet for general web browsing, e-mails and social media platforms (excepting video streaming). The “Voom Surf Voyage” Internet package cost (per day) depends on the number of mobile devices using it. Its pricing is as follows: $10 (1 device), $17 (2 devices), $24 (3 devices), $28 (4 devices) and $32 (5 devices).
- “Voom Surf + Stream” is the “real deal”, offering unlimited Internet activities, including the high-speed video streaming (music, movies, video chatting, texting, VoIP apps /Internet phone calls). The “Voom Surf + Stream” Internet package cost (per day) also depends on the number of mobile devices included. Its pricing is as follows: $13 (1 device), $23 (2 devices), $32 (3 devices), $40 (4 devices) and $42 (5 devices).
Legend of the Seas cruise ship deck plan has a total of 915 staterooms for 1832 passengers (max capacity is 2074 guests), served by 730 crew/staff.
RCI Legend ship has 10 passenger accessible decks, 8 lounges and bars, 2 swimming pools, 4 jacuzzies, 11 elevators.
IMPORTANT: The following Royal Caribbean Legend deck plans are valid for cruises between 2016 (May 15) and 2017 (October 14).
Legend deck plan changes 2013 refurbishment review
The RCI Legend ship had its last dry-dock refurbishment in 2013 (January-February) at the immense cost of US$50 million. The list of deck plan changes after the Singapore drydock includes:
- 13 new cruise cabins were added (decks 7 and 8).
- All Deck 6 cabins (previously in Oceanview categories) were upgraded/outfitted with balconies.
- All passenger cabin were upgraded with flat TVs and decors were changed. All cabins and public areas were renovated – new decors, carpeting, soft furnishings.
- The ship’s Wi-Fi coverage was also upgraded (bow to stern).
- Digital Wayfinders (multilingual LCD touch-screen displays) were installed throughout most passenger lift areas. They provide passengers with information on scheduled events, promotions, deck plans, dining menus and times, ship map directions.
- On Lido Deck 9 two new lounges were added – “Concierge Club” and “Diamond Club”. The complimentary “Park Cafe” (bistro-style restaurant) was added to the Solarium (indoor pool area).
- Dining options were expanded with new restaurants – the “Chef’s Table” (gourmet dining room, part of the MDR on Promenade Deck 5) and the Deck 11’s “Chops Grille” (steakhouse & seafood) and the “Izumi” (Asian/Japanese cuisine). The Viking Crown Lounge (deck 11) was extensively renovated but decreased in size making space for these two new restaurants there.
- The Royal Caribbean’s Nursery room was added on Sports Deck 10.
- New “Centrum” entertainment program now offers aerial acrobatic spectacles.
- On deck 4 was added the “R Bar” (retro 1960s themed).
- The RCI’s poolside huge movie screen was installed on the pool deck 9 (Lido).
Legend of the Seas Deck 2 Plan
- Cruise cabins from 2000 to 2797, of which Inside (categories M, Q) and Oceanview staterooms (categories F, I – both types are rectangle-shaped Porthole Window cabins).
- deck plan 2 cabins information: Forward-location Oceanview rooms from 2000 to 2014 (portside) and from 2500 to 2514 (starboard) are with 2 round-shaped portholes instead of 1 rectangle window.
Legend of the Seas Deck 3 Plan
- Conference Center
- Cruise cabins from 3000 to 3795, of which Inside (categories M, N) and Oceanview staterooms (categories F, H).
- deck plan 3 cabins information: Forward-located Oceanview rooms from 3000 to 3014 (portside) and from 3500 to 3514 (starboard) are with 2 round-shaped portholes instead of 1 rectangle window. Staterooms from 3098 to 3116 (portside) and from 3594 to 3612 (starboard) are located underneath the Dining Room restaurant’s Galley area (on deck 4 above) so noise could be an issue.
Legend of the Seas Deck 4 Plan
- That’s Entertainment Theatre (capacity 800 seats; live entertainment, cabaret-, comedy- and musical productions, gameshows, movies, bingo)
- Casino Royale (capacity 240 seats, 117 slots, 17 gaming tables, gambling tournaments/classes)
- Schooner Bar (104 seats piano bar; karaoke, ; live entertainment vocal/pianist/strings; hosts Explorer Academy workshops)
- R Bar (33 seats cocktail bar with a professional mixologist; Infusion Tasting Hour cocktails sampling, playing 1960s oldies)
- Centrum (7-decks high atrium, new areal acrobatics shows)
- Romeo & Juliet Restaurant (aft Dining Room/level 1, capacity 1020 seats, open seating 7:30-9:30am, lunch 11:30am-1:30pm, Brasserie 30 lunch/seadays, 2 fixed dinner seatings- 6 or 8:15pm).
Legend of the Seas Deck 5 Plan – Promenade / Lobby
- Anchors Aweigh Lounge (550 seats live show entertainment lounge with full bar, stage, dance floor; hosts bingo games, dancing parties, karaoke, art auctions, gameshows, Explorer Academy classes)
- Centrum Shops & Boutiques (duty free liquor and tobaccos, jewelry, logo souvenirs, perfumes, fashion clothes, etc)
- Shore Excursions Desk (booking services, information)
- Reception (Guest Services Desk, reservations, assistance)
- *Loyalty Desk
- Romeo & Juliet Dining Room (level2; “My Time Dining” dinner times 6-9pm), with the “Chef’s Table” room (5-course intimate gourmet dinner/specialty dining package/surcharge PP; opens at 7pm)
- *Chef’s Table.
Legend of the Seas Deck 6 Plan
- Photo Gallery & Shop (duty-free services and equipment)
- Cafe Latte-tudes (36 seats, open between 7 am – 11 pm) is a patisserie / specialty coffee bar (Atrium seating) that serves Starbucks drinks (a la carte priced menu) with complimentary desserts (bonbons, truffles, Danish pastries, cookies, cakes and other chocolate-based sweets). Payments via Starbucks cards / phone app are also accepted. Starbucks coffee prices are as follows: cold drinks (Coffee $4,25, Mocha $4,75), Iced Cafe (Americano $2,75, Latte $3,75, Mocha $4,25), Tazo Tea (Shaken Iced $2, Latte $3, Hot Tea $1,75), Vanilla Steamer ($2,75), Soy Milk ($3), Hot Chocolate ($2,75), hot coffees (at $3,50 – Americano, Cappuccino, Latte, Mocha), White Chocoate Mocha and Caramel Macchiato (each $3,75).
- Library (10 seats; books, Sudoku, card/board games)
- Ben & Jerry’s Bar (ice cream bar/shakes, sundaes; open 7am-11pm)
- Cupcake Cupboard (onboard bakery, fresh cakes, pies, decoration classes/surcharge PP)
- Cruise cabins from 6000 to 6632, of which Inside (categories K, L, N), and the rest are Balcony staterooms (types D1-Superior, E1-Deluxe).
- deck plan 6 cabins information: All verandas (on both sides) are on former Oceanviews converted to Balcony rooms. These balconies are small in size, extending out from the ship’s hull.
Legend of the Seas Deck 7 Plan
- Cruise cabins from 7006 to 7634 of which Inside (categories J, K, L, N), Oceanview (category PV-Panoramic), and the rest are Balcony staterooms (types D1-D2-D3-Superior).
- deck plan 7 cabins information: All aft-facing cabins have balconies partially open from above (can be viewed from deck 8).
Legend of the Seas Deck 8 Plan
- The fore-located Navigation Bridge and the adjacent Captain’s Suite and officers quarters are inaccessible for passengers.
- Next Cruise (booking services desk, loyalty program information)
- Royal Caribbean online Center (24-hour Internet computer room, prepaid packages)
- Cruise cabins from 8012 to 8584, of which Inside (categories J, L, N), Oceanview (categories F, PV-Panoramic), and the rest are Suite cabins (types JS-Junior, FJ-Family Junior, GS-Grand, OS-Owners, FS-Royal Family, RS-Royal Suite).
- deck plan 8 cabins information: Staterooms with possible noise issues are located aft (underneath the Vitality At Sea fitness center) and forward (underneath the buffet restaurant Windjammer Cafe).
Legend of the Seas Deck 9 Plan – Lido / Pool / Spa
- Windjammer Cafe is the lido buffet restaurant (capacity 348 seats). Dining here is casual (as dress code), complimentary and self-service type. The operational hours are as follows: Early Breakfast (at 6:30 am), Breakfast (7 – 11:30 am), Lunch (11.30 am – 3:30 pm), Afternoon Tea/Snacks (4 – 5 pm) and Dinner (6.30 – 9 pm). The Windjammer restaurant has various buffet stations, including for salads, soups, entrees, grill (incl BBQ meats and cooked-to-order steaks), panini (sandwiches), chicken, fish (incl sushi), vegetarian dishes, fast-food (pizza, pasta, hot-dogs, burgers, french fries), cooked vegetables, sauces and toppings, breads, fruits, desserts (incl healthy desserts). On themed evenings are offered Mexican, Indian, Asian and other international cuisine specialties. At Breakfast there is an egg station (made-to-order omelettes and eggs). At Lunch there is also a carving station. The lido buffet also has 24-hour operational beverage stations with complimentary drinks (milk, coffee, tea, instant hot chocolate, flavored waters, also juices at breakfast). Windjammer’s complimentary “sushi stations” open for dinner-only (at 6:30 pm). Designated chefs continuously prepare fresh sushi (cooked rolls variations, mostly of eel and tuna). There are no nigirizushi or sashimi (with raw meat) or made-to-order items.
- *Pool Bar
- Outdoor movie screen (called Jumbotron) is a poolside cinema (complimentary) located near the main pool area. It is used daily for showing funny videos and live sporting events, and for watching new movies nightly.
- Main Pool (with 2 Whirlpools, alfresco day bar)
- Diamond Club Lounge (36 seats, past guests only lounge, 1 free Internet computer, breakfast 8-10am, free drinks between 5-8:30pm)
- Concierge Club Lounge (36 seats, suite- and past guests only venue, Internet computers, full bar)
- Solarium (adults only area, with 1 pool/retractable roof, 2 Whirlpools, tennis tables)
- Park Cafe is a complimentary deli restaurant (84 seats) serving with fast-food the Solarium and the Spa-Fitness complex. Park Cafe is open for Breakfast (6:30 – 10 am, hot panini sandwiches, made-your-own bagels, muffins, cereals, fresh fruits, yogurts), Lunch (11:30 am – 6:30 pm /seadays, and 1 – 6:30 pm /portdays) and also for late night snacks (9:30 pm – 3:30 am). The menu offers light-fare food – including fresh pizza and sandwiches, wraps, soups, selection of salads (incl custom-made) and desserts (cakes, gourmet pastries, coffee).
- Britto is an exclusive art gallery selling pop art works by Romero Britto (Brazilian artist, painter, sculptor, serigrapher/screen printing). Organized as an interactive space, the art gallery displays artwork, collectibles, giftware, luggage, a limited edition of custom-made (for RCI exclusively) Britto artworks.
- Vitality at Sea Spa & Fitness Center (level 1; Sauna, Steam Room, Treatment Rooms, Beauty Salon, Relaxation Area; open 8am-9pm, Gym opens 6am-10pm, with Aerobic Studio/classes)
- Sports Deck (Table Tennis,Shaffleboard.
Legend of the Seas Deck 10 Plan – Sports / Kids / Teens
- Observatory (stargazing/observation area)
- Adventure Ocean kids lounge (play area, complimentary children programme; group baby sitting- 10pm-2am/surcharge per hour per kid, min age 3 yo)
- Optix Teen Club & Lounge (dance floor, gaming tables, pool parties, karaoke, movies, Nintendo games, gameshows; open 8pm-2am)
- Video Games Arcade
- Royal Babies & Tots Nursery (for toddlers 6 to 36 months; sponsored by Fisher-Price and Crayola)
- Jogging Track (4 laps = 1 ml), Shuffleboard
- Crystal Canopy (retractable glass roof over the Solarium area)
- Legend of the Links (12-hole Mini Golf Course)
- Rock Climbing Wall (height 30 ft / 9 m, 5 routes) is located on the funnel’s aft side. The facility is complimentary (first come first served basis) and used in 30 min sessions. Equipment is provided (shoes, helmets, harnesses). Daily are organized climbing competitions. The min age limit is 6 yo (waivers must be signed by a parent/legal guardian). Children 6-12 yo must be supervised by an adult at all times.
Legend of the Seas Deck 11 Plan
- Izumi Japanese Cuisine is the RCI’s signature pan-Asian cuisine specialty restaurant with mostly traditional Japanese dishes (sushi-teppanyaki-hibachi, tableside cooking). The restaurant is a la carte priced and open for Lunch (seadays only, between 12 – 1:30 pm) and Dinner (between 6 – 9:30 pm). Reservations are required. The restaurant is comprised of a sushi bar (sushi/sashimi) and another section with 2 hibachi stations. The menu includes sushi rolls, signature rolls, sashimi (2- or 5-piece, also combo platter), sukiyaki, yakimeshi, ishiyaki (grill / chicken, beef), wakame salad (seaweed), pan-fried gyoza dumplings, hot/cold appetizers, premium seafood (tuna, shrimp, lobster, eel, crab), desserts (ice cream, pancake, caramel flan, dessert sampler) and specialty drinks (cocktails, beer, sake selection). Edamame soybeans and miso soup are complimentary. Izumi has Teppanyaki menu (for iron griddle-cooked food) and Omakase menu (Chef’s choice).
- Izumi Express is the Royal Caribbean’s new “sushi to go” option available fleetwide since July 2016. The “take-out sushi” is fresh-made and of premium quality. The new option is a great choice for families with kids (avoiding the formal sit-down meal) and for all passengers willing to enjoy this popular Japanese food somewhere else on the cruise ship (incl in their cabins). Izumi Express sushi ordering is via phone (any one on the ship, incl the cabin’s) and also by going to the Izumi restaurant and placing your order there. Guests can order any item from the Izumi’s sushi menu during the restaurant’s operational hours. The staff takes the order and provides a time window to pick it up (usually within 10-15 min). Meals are in to-go containers (plastic, transparent) and conveniently bagged up. Quick and easy takeaway service is provided by the new Izumi Express carts (colored in black) offering up to 8 pre-packaged sushi rolls.
- Viking Crown Lounge & Nightclub (capacity 60 seats observation lounge, dance floor, live music; “The Silent Party” dance club parties; quiet hours 1-3pm)
- Chops Grille (62 seats steakhouse/seafood specialty restaurant/surcharge PP, reservations only; open 6-10pm).
Legend of the Seas current position
This is a VesselFinder tracker for Legend of the Seas current position (location now) tracking IMO number 9070620. Its map shows where is Legend of the Seas cruise ship today, along with next cruise port of call, ETA (estimated arrival time and date) and the ship’s current cruising speed in knots.
You can share our Legend of the Seas deck plans review via our social media buttons.