NCL Norwegian Getaway deck plans review will show you the current position of Norwegian Getaway cruise ship, actual location of cabins and facilities by deck, along with information on NCL Getaway ship rooms sizes, types and categories (codes), stateroom layouts. To skip the lengthy cabins information section, just follow the next link to the Getaway ship’s deck plan review.
Norwegian Getaway (built 2014) is the second of two Breakaway-class Norwegian Cruise Lines ships – together with NCL Breakaway (2013). The NCL Getaway ship, like her sister, is one of the Norwegian “Nickelodeon” ships – the list also has the Epic, Gem and Jewel NCL ships. The next generation Norwegian cruise ships are the two new Breakaway-Plus class vessels – NCL Escape (2015) and NCL Joy (2017, formerly Norwegian Bliss). This is an outbound link to the official page at NCL.com.
Norwegian Getaway cruise ship rooms
Of all NCL Getaway cabins, 42 are located in the line’s signature “The Haven” all-suite complex, 59 are Studios (single occupancy cabins, for solo travelers) and 42 are wheelchair-accessible. The total number of cabin categories is 42.
Norwegian Getaway cabins plans
Note: The Getaway ship’s accommodations as design (layouts) are very similar to those on the NCL ships Escape and Bliss.
|NCL Getaway Rooms Categories, Size, Capacity, Location (deck names), Floor Plans|
(H2) The Haven Deluxe Owner’s Suite layout
(H3) The Haven Owner Suite layout
(H4) The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa layout
(H5) The Haven Courtyard Penthouse layout
(H6) The Haven aft-facing Penthouse layout
(H7) The Haven forward-facing Penthouse layout
(H9) The Haven Spa Suite layout
(M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, MA, MB, MX, M9-Spa) Mini Suite layout
(B1, B2, B3, B4, B6, BA, BB, BC, BD, BX, B9-Spa) Balcony cabin layout
(O1-Family, OA, OB, OC, OX-Guarantee) Outside / Oceanview cabin layout
(I1-Family, I2-Family, IA, IB, IC, ID, IE, IF, IX-Guarantee) Inside / Interior cabin layout
(T1) Single cabin / Studio layout
Norwegian Getaway cabins review
- 2 twin beds (convertible to queen-size), hair dryer, electronic safe, mini-bar, flat-TV, writing desk with all four outlets (2 U.S and 2 European), ample closet and shelving space, key-card access (en-suite lighting control).
- Private bathrooms have sink (storage underneath), glass-door shower, 2 shower dispensers (shampoo, body wash), luxury bath products (by Elemis only in Haven and Spa cabins).
- Many of the NCL Getaway Inside cabins are adjoining/connecting rooms (with a pull-down bunk). Family inside cabins are located near kids facilities.
- The 59 Studio cabins are designed for solo travelers. Most of them have exclusive key-card access to the Studio complex and the two-decks high Studio Lounge & Bar. The NCL Getaway Single rooms have full-sized beds. Their windows look to the corridor.
- Oceanview staterooms have large windows (44 of them are Family Oceanview- sleep 5 guests).
- Balcony cabins have sofa beds with ample underbed storage space (large drawers).On the balcony, there are 2 mesh chairs with a small table.
- Mini-suites are slightly bigger then the balcony rooms, with better bathrooms (double sink, body jet, handheld shower-head), 1 sofa bed, full-sized closet. Many of the Family Mini Suites (near kids facilities) have bathtubs.
- NCL Getaway Spa cabins (36 Balcony, 20 Mini Suites, 16 Haven Spa Suites) are on Deck 14, located adjacent to the spa/fitness complex. Guests in these category rooms enjoy complimentary Thermal Spa Suite access and amenities (plush bathrobes, slippers). These accommodations have king-sized beds, a separate dining area, in-suite jacuzzi, a bathroom with oversized shower (waterfall shower-head, body jets, 2 sinks, plus a handheld showerhead).
- The 22 Penthouses are located outside The Haven but also have access to complex. Each of them has a separate dining room and a living area (with 1 double sofabed), bathroom with 2 double sinks and a bathtub, Elemis luxury bath products.
- The all 42 Suites and Villas of the “The Haven” complex (Deck 15 & 16) feature as amenities a private service by a concierge plus 24-hour butler service; priority (embarkation/disembarkation; tendering), en-suite coffee makers; gourmet treats (in the evening), deluxe mattress; linens, feather duvets, plus a pillow menu; bathrobes, slippers. Haven guests have direct access to the spa-fitness center.
- IMPORTANT: Since May 2015, the Norwegian Cruise Line charges US$7,95 for room service dining. This is an extra service charge implemented fleetwide (including on the NCL Getaway ship). Passengers exempted from the new (uncommon for the industry) room service fee are only the occupants of “The Haven” suites. Still, as an exception, all passengers can order (for free) their room-service morning coffee and Continental Breakfast. After implementing the new service charge, NCL upgraded the room service menu, adding more hot food items for Breakfast and a wider food & drinks selection (available for ordering 24 hours a day).
NCL Getaway staterooms of “The Haven” categories
- 18 “Courtyard Penthouses” (king-sized bed, living-dining rooms, single sofa bed, large walk-in closet, balcony with 2 wicker chairs and a wicker table).
- 20 “2-Bedroom Family Villas” (2 bedrooms, separate living and dining areas, single sofabed, bar, master bedroom (with floor-ceiling windows and private balcony), master bath (shower, bathtub with oceanview, two sinks), second bedroom (single or double sofabed, Pullman bed, bathroom).
- 2 Owner Suites (living room, dining area, vanity, bedroom (floor-ceiling windows, big walk-in closet, large balcony, master bathroom (big bathtub, luxury sinks, shower). On Norwegian getaway Owner Suites can be connected with Deluxe Owner Suites (up to 8 guests capacity).
- The Haven’s 2 Deluxe Owner Suites are the biggest accommodations on the ship. They feature living room, dining area, vanity, wet bar, large wraparound balcony.
- NCL Getaway’s 42 wheelchair-accessible staterooms include 1 suite, 4 mini-suites, 13 balcony, 9 oceanview (4 Family) and 14 interior rooms (hearing-impaired kits available upon request).
You can see all the furniture details in NCL Norwegian Getaway cabins plans (the above table) and also in the following photo combo.
NCL Getaway cruise ship Internet
By July 2016, Norwegian Cruise Line will quadruple the current Wi-Fi bandwidth on all NCL ships. This means high-speed internet service providing passengers with the pleasure to enjoy at sea almost the same high-speed Internet connections they are used to while on land. The new satellite technology allows shipwide Wi-Fi coverage and high-speed Internet access both in ports of call and at sea. The increased download and upload speeds will allow fast streaming of music and movies (incl YouTube, Netflix), uploading multiple (incl big-sized) pictures, also video chatting (incl FaceTime, Skype, conference calls), checking email, web surfing, stable and fast VPN connections. The bandwidth upgrade is part of a long term partnership between NCLH and EMC Corporation (aka EMC2).
- The EMC’s enhanced version of the patented SpeedNet technology (browser plug-in) provides its users with the fastest satellite Internet browsing at sea. This new technology solves the Satellite Latency problem (delay of the signal) by storing the most popular websites content (latest versions) and distributing it “off line”. SpeedNet is compatible with all web browsers.
- Along with the new hardware (satellite dishes, servers) and SpeedNet software, a new end-user web portal will be also installed allowing enhanced entertainment options. Among those are pay-per-view events (like NFL games) delivered to mobile devices. The shoreside connectivity will be also increased.
NCL Getaway Internet packages cost
Currently, Norwegian Getaway offers four cruise ship Internet packages.
- Plan UCP (“Ultimate Cruise Plan” / unlimited internet) – cost $25 per person per day (on itineraries 13 days or longer)
- Plan UCP (“Ultimate Cruise Plan” / unlimited internet) – cost $30 per person per day (on itineraries between 1 day and 12 days)
- Plan TP100 (“Time Plan 100 minutes”) – cost $75 per person (on all itineraries)
- Plan TP250 (“Time Plan 250 minutes”) – cost $125 per person (on all itineraries)
- Note: New unlimited Internet packages on all NCL ships will be introduced after implementing the new EMC equipment fleetwide.
Norwegian Getaway cruise ship deck plan has a total of 2014 staterooms (15 types, 42 categories:) for 4028 passengers (max capacity 4819 guests), served by 1595 crew/staff.
NCL Getaway ship has a total of 27 onboard dining options (9 complimentary), 22 lounges/bars, 3 swimming pools, 5 waterslides, 9 jacuzzies, 16 elevators.
Before our NCL Getaway deck plan review, you can watch this official YouTube video release about the Breakaway-class ships’ astonishing features:
Norwegian Getaway Deck 5 Plan
- Medical Center is the NCL Getaway ship’s hospital operated by resident doctors and nurses on 24-hour duty. Payments are made by the boarding pass (treatments equivalent to a private doctor’s visit). General health insurance policies do not apply, so buying cruise health insurance is recommended.
- Cruise cabins from 5100 to 5840, of which Inside cabins (categories – IE (midship) and IC, ID, IF), and Oceanview Rooms with Large Picture Window (O1 – Family, OB – Mid-Ship, OC – Aft).
Norwegian Getaway Deck 6 Plan
- Savor Restaurant (forward Dining Room/port side, 282 seats, complimentary)
- Taste Restaurant (forward Dining Room/starboard, 282 seats, complimentary, Your Time/Freestyle dining times – Breakfast 7-9am, Lunch 12-2:30pm, and Dinner 5-10pm)
- Le Bistro (114 seats) is the French specialty restaurant (reservations-only, cover charge US$20 per person, kids charged a full cover). The intimate and romantic Bistro restaurant is dinner-only (open between 5:30-10:30 pm) and offers some of the NCL Getaway ship’s best luxury dining experiences with its upscale amenities, superior whiteglove service, sophisticated cuisine with a vintage wines selection and classic French gourmet specialties in the menu. During the day, Le Bistro hosts food and wine tasting events.
- Reception (Reservations Desk) and Getaway Shore Excursions Desk (bookings, cruise loyalty program information)
- The Library
- Card Room
- 2 Meeting Rooms (for conferences, seminars, lectures). Since 2015, meeting rooms also serve as onboard chapels for cruise weddings and vow renewal ceremonies at sea, performed by the NCL Getaway ship’s captain. Previously, those were done ashore. The marriage license is issued by the Bahamas. The new NCL wedding package includes: bridal bouquet, matching boutonniere, wedding cake, Champagne toast, service by professional wedding coordinator.
- Getaway Theatre (the programme features the Broadway musical show “Million Dollar Quartet” (replacing the “Legally Blonde”) and the “Burn the Floor” (dancing show). The theater’s evening signature evening show “Million Dollar Quartet” features studio records (from a night session) with performances by Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis).
- Illusionarium (217 seats theatrical dining venue, with a 30ft/9m wide video dome, acrobat and magician shows; charges PP are $30 standard seating, and $40 PP premium seating; Illusionarium is replacing “Spiegel Tent”/on Epic and Breakaway)
- The Collection Art Gallery (exhibitions, art auctions)
- Internet Cafe (Internet stations room, printing)
- Teppanyaki (96 seats) is the Japanese Hibachi specialty restaurant (reservations’-only, at surcharge US$25 pp, kids charged a full cover). The Teppanyaki restaurant is open for Lunch (12-1:30 pm) and Dinner (5:30-10 pm). It features live cooking demonstrations and traditionally prepared (a la carte priced) specialties, including sushi, fruit sashimi, Yakitori grill, a sake menu.
- Atrium “678 Ocean Place” (3-decks high centralship open-floor area for live entertainment, shopping, with a 2-story LED screen, a chandelier with constantly changing colors, dancing area)
- Atrium Cafe & Bar (112 seats, specialty coffees/teas, pastries, wine)
- Headliners Comedy Lounge & Club (for live shows, a full bar, venue for the shows “Levity Entertainment Group”/comedy, and “Howl At The Moon”/piano)
- Mixx Bar (live piano bar for before-dinner cocktails)
- Carlo’s Bake Shop (onboard bakery by celebrity chef Buddy Valastro; cakes, pastries, special occasions bakeries, cupcake classes).
Norwegian Getaway Deck 7 Plan
- The Tropicana Restaurant (aft Dining Room with 1950s style design, 632 seats capacity, complimentary, with glass walls and dance floor; Your Time/Freestyle dining – Breakfast 7-9am, Lunch 12-2:30pm, and Dinner 6-10pm)
- O’Sheehan’s Neighbourhood Bar/Pub & Grill (285 seats, complimentary, open 24 hours, with Irish and American cuisine; has 2-story LED screen for movies and sports, darts and Arcade games)
- Shanghai’s Noodle Bar (capacity 53 seats) is an Asian restaurant (complimentary) located inside the O’Sheehan’s Pub area.
- Getaway Casino (Slots, gaming tables for Craps, Blackjack, Roulette, Let it Ride, with a full bar/opens 9am)
- Bar 21 (intimate night bar with big TV screens, video poker)
- Bliss Ultra Lounge & Night Club (with LED screens, dance floor, 3 bowling alleys, full bar).
Norwegian Getaway Deck 8 Plan – Promenade
- Cagney’s Steakhouse is a specialty dinner restaurant (open 5:30-10:30 pm) for prime steaks (Certified Angus Beef) and gourmet seafood specialties. The Cagney’s restaurant is reservations-only, with cover charge US$30 per person and a free Kids Menu. At Cagney’s, kids are charged a full cover. Additionally, the steakhouse is open for suite-guests only serving Breakfast (7:30-9:30 am) and Lunch (12-1:30 pm).
- Moderno Churrascaria (124 seats, open 5:30-1030 pm) is a Brazilian steakhouse. This is a reservations-only specialty restaurant with cover charge US$20 per person (kids charged a full cover). The Moderno steakhouse has separate bars for salads, cheeses, barbecue (cured and slowroasted meats – beef, pork, chicken, lamb) and desserts. The Moderno restaurant additionally has an outdoor seating (waterfront) area. Its Moderno Bar (opens at 12 pm) features Latin-American music, themed food and specialty drinks, including Brazilian cocktails.
- La Cucina (168 seats) is the Italian specialty restaurant (reservations-only, cover charge US$15 PP, kids charged a full cover). The Cucina restaurant is open between 5:30-9:30 pm and has large tables. The NCL Getaway’s Italian dining experience is marked by a casual atmosphere and large portions (perfect for family dinners) and traditional Italian fine wines and gourmet cuisine specialties – pizzas, pastas, seafood, classic salads, freshly baked breads, desserts (including ice cream). La Cucina additionally has a separate outdoor seating terrace (waterfront) area.
- Ocean Blue is a seafood specialty restaurant (reservations-only, with cover charge US$39 per person, kids are charged a full cover). The seafood restaurant is open for lunch and dinner. It is run by the Michelin Star chef Geoffrey Zakarian, who personally picked the 4-course menu and each of the wine pairings. “Ocean Blue on the Waterfront” is the restaurant’s outdoor seating (al fresco dining) area.
- Raw Bar (seafood, a la carte charge)
- Wasabi Sushi Bar (a la carte charging)
- Prime Meridian Bar (48 seats)
- Humidor Cigar Lounge
- Sugar Cane Mojito Bar (cocktails, frozens)
- Sunset Bar (Key West inspired interior design bar)
- Dolce Gelato (Italian icecream parlor)
- Grammy Experience Lounge & Nightclub (first at sea, with outdoor and indoor seating, GRAMMY museum/exhibition, GRAMMY Award winners/nominees live performances (Jazz, R&B), with a full bar; replacing the “Fat Cats” club on Breakaway and Epic). NEWS: In 2015, THE GRAMMY EXPERIENCE lounge was replaced by the Fat Cats Jazz & Blue Club.
- SVEDKA and Inniskillin Ice Bar (25 seats/$25 charge PP) is the “frozen bar” (temperature is below 8°C/17F, coats and gloves provided) serves New York cocktails in made of ice glasses; the seating is also made of ice, and there is a real-size alligator throne – out of ice)
- Tax & Duty Free Boutique Shops – Tradewinds (brand jewelry, watches, bags, clothes, perfumes, liquor, tobaccos), Photo Gallery & Shop (cameras, accessories), Tides (gifts, souvenirs, logo items)
- Waterfront Promenade is long 1320 ft / 402 m and lined with numerous outdoor dining, entertainment venues, bars on both sides of the Getaway ship)
- Promenade Deck cruise cabins from 8100 to 8780, of which Inside cabins (category ID), Balcony rooms (BD; BB – midship, and Suites (M6 – Mid Ship Mini Suite with Balcony).
Norwegian Getaway Deck 9 Plan
- Cruise cabins from 9100 to 9922, of which Inside cabins (categories ID; Family – I1 and I2), Oceanview (OA – Picture Window), Balcony rooms (BD, BB – midship; B1 – Aft Balcony, B6 – Large Balcony), and Suites (MB – Mini Suite with Balcony, S6 – The Haven Aft Penthouse with Balcony, S7 – The Haven Forward Penthouse with Balcony).
Norwegian Getaway Deck 10 Plan
- Studio Lounge (Studio rooms passengers cruising solo only area, with a full bar; lower level 1 of 2)
- Cruise cabins from 10100 to 10916, of which Inside cabins (categories ID; Family – I2, T1 – Studio), Oceanview (OA – Picture Window), Balcony rooms (BD, BB – midship; B1 – Aft Balcony, B6 – Large Balcony), and Suites (M1 – Aft Mini Suite with Balcony, MB – Midship Mini Suite with Balcony, S6 – The Haven Aft Penthouse with Balcony, S7 – The Haven Forward Penthouse with Balcony).
Norwegian Getaway Deck 11 Plan
- Studio Lounge (upper level 2 of 2)
- Cruise cabins from 11100 to 11914, of which Inside cabins (categories IC; IA – midship, T1 – Studio), Oceanview (OA – Picture Window), Balcony rooms (BC, BA – midship; B1 – Aft Balcony, B6 – Large Balcony), and Suites (MA – Midship Mini Suite with Balcony, S6 – The Haven Aft Penthouse with Balcony, S7 – The Haven Forward Penthouse with Balcony).
Norwegian Getaway Deck 12 Plan
- Splash Academy Club area (kids programming ages 6 months to 12 yo; activities are arts/crafts, Nintendo and PlayStations games, movies, indoor kids play area; level 1 of 2)
- Cruise cabins from 12100 to 12910, of which Inside cabins (categories I1 and I2 – family), Oceanview (OA – Picture Window), Balcony rooms (B1 – Aft Balcony, Family – B2, B3, B4), and Suites (Family Mini Suite with Balcony – M2, M3 and M4; S6 – The Haven Aft Penthouse with Balcony, S7 – The Haven Forward Penthouse with Balcony).
Norwegian Getaway Deck 13 Plan
- Splash Academy (upper level 2)
- Cruise cabins from 13100 to 13908, of which Inside cabins (categories IC; I1 and I2 – family; IA – midship), Oceanview (OA – Picture Window), Balcony rooms (BC,; BA – midship; B1 – Aft Balcony), and Suites (MA – Midship Mini Suite with Balcony; S6 – The Haven Aft Penthouse with Balcony, S7 – The Haven Forward Penthouse with Balcony).
Norwegian Getaway Deck 14 Plan – Spa
- The fore-located Navigation Bridge and the adjacent Captain’s Suite and officers quarters are inaccessible for passengers.
- Spa & Fitness complex (with 22 treatment rooms, 1 adults pool, gym studio for Bootcamp-Zumba-Pilaltes-Yoga classes/at charge, relaxation area)
- Cruise cabins from 14100 to 14878, of which Inside cabins (category IA – midship), Balcony rooms (BC,; BA – midship; B1 – Aft Balcony, B9 – Spa Balcony), and Suites (MA – Midship Mini Suite with Balcony, M9 – Spa Mini Suite with Balcony; S7 – The Haven Forward Penthouse with Balcony).
Norwegian Getaway Deck 15 Plan – Lido / Pool
- Garden Cafe Restaurant (complimentary indoor buffet with different food stations- pasta, pizza, burgers, seafood, omelettes, grills, desserts; serving early breakfast 5:30-7am, Breakfast 7-11am, Lunch 12-3pm, and Dinner 5:30-9:30pm)
- Open-Air Garden Cafe (the outdoor part of the Garden Cafe buffet)
- The Market Place (outdoor shopping center)
- Aqua Park (3-decks high, has 2 pools, 4 Whirlpools, 5 waterslides; Waves Pool has a bar; level 1 of 3)
- Kid’s Aqua Park (splash pool, Nickelodeon character greetings)
- Sundeck area
- Spa & Fitness complex (Thermal Suite/charge PP, saunas, steam rooms), Salt Room (for halotherapy), Beauty Salon, Barber Shop, fitness studio, Medi Spa/acupuncture)
- Lido Deck cruise suites from 15100 to 15126, all are Suite accommodations in categories S4 – The Haven Family Villa with balcony, and S5 – The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony).
Norwegian Getaway Deck 16 Plan
- Flamingo Bar & Grill (complimentary semi covered restaurant by the Aqua Park, casual dining- fast food, cold beverages)
- Aqua Park (level 2 of 3)
- Spice H2O (adult only complex, has 1 pool, 2 Whirlpools, waterfall, outdoor movie screen, complimentary Breezeway Pool Bar & Grill (complimentary fast food), becomes disco at night for dancing deck parties; level 1 of 2)
- Sports Complex (Bungee, trampoline, Spider web, Mini Golf, Ropes course, Climbing Wall, level 1 of 3)
- Entourage Teen Centre & Lounge (with electronic table games, jukeboxes, computers, video arcades, night teen disco)
- Sports Complex (consists of a Bungee Trampoline, Spider Web/enclosed kids climbing wall with a slide), 9-hole Mini Golf, Ropes Course, Zip Line, The Plank (8 ft / 2,5 m long extending platform), two waterslides (named “The Whip” and “Free Fall”).
Entourage Teen Centre (table football, jukeboxes, video arcades, teen disco at night)
- “The Haven” is a Suite-Villa guests only complex, having: Courtyard (adult only pool with 2 Whirlpools and a retractable glass roof), also with a small private spa, steam room and gym), Restaurant and Lounge & Bar
- Cruise suites from 16100 to 16722, all are Suite accommodations in categories: S2 and S3 – The Haven Deluxe Owner’s Suite with Large Balcony; S4 – The Haven Family Villa with balcony, and S5 – The Haven Courtyard Penthouse with Balcony).
Norwegian Getaway Deck 17 Plan
- Vibe Beach Club (adult only complex/charge PP, 1 Whirlpool, water spritzers, full-service bar, chaise loungers, private cabanas; passes are available for purchasing at the Guest Service Desk)
- Spice H2O (level 2)
- Aqua Park (level 3)
- The Haven Private Sun Deck, Public Sun Deck
- Sports Complex (level 2 of 3).
Norwegian Getaway Deck 18 Plan
- Basketball Court (part of the Sports Complex; level 3)
- Freestyle Sundeck (sunbathing area).
Norwegian Getaway current position
This is a VesselFinder tracker for NCL Norwegian Getaway current position (location now) tracking IMO number 9606924. Its map shows where is Norwegian Getaway cruise ship today, along with next cruise port of call, ETA (estimated arrival time and date) and the NCL Getaway ship current cruising speed in knots.
You can share our NCL Getaway deck plans review via our social media buttons.